View Single Post
Old 15-09-2014, 08:52   #54
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Afc Wimbledon Match Thread.

A great performance by the team and Paul Stevo.
Matt Tubbs and Akinfenwa have scoed loads of goals over the years at this level. Remember the big guy scored a hat trick against us last season! So I was glad that they left their shooting boots at home.
But actually, our boys fully deserved the three points...

Talking of "Coverage", I bought the 'Football League Newspaper' yesterday and the scores for some of our lads were; Adam Buxton = 5, Joe Lumley = 8, Cal Naismith = 9 and a place for Cal in 'The League 2 Team of the Week'.
I wonder......do these people actually have an observer at all of the League matches?
Cal had quite a good game but I certainly agree with lots of previous posters that Adam Buxton was our 'Man of the Match' yesterday... although the 'Absolutely Fabulous' JOE Lumley became a worthy candidate late on for making a couple of outstanding saves! Well Done to both lads for outstanding performances but also to Cal and the rest of the boys too.
Procky has certainly made a big difference adding the steel and industry that we have been missing in this area of the pitch. Yes, he did do a great a job on Akinfenwa in the first half as did Rob Atkinson in the second half. Procky's height in the air is very welcome too and in the first half he stood in front of Akinfenwa for every long ball, (and there were lots), from Wimbledon's keeper and defence. He won virtually everything here! So well done and welcome home. Procky looked to be nearer to full match fitness too!
I wonder if Adam could be even more potent in midfield with his strong skilful running at defenders. This would depend on Liddle getting really fit or Deano coming back in here or finding another 'true' left back in the loan market perhaps.
All in all, a great performance and a performance that cheered me up too!
I don't think that we should rush into an early appointment. We should definitely give Paul Stevenson a few matches at the helm in a similar way that we did with Leam when he was left in charge. Could save a bit on wages too. not a bad idea to get Nicky Hunt into the coaching side of things too with his broad experience at all levels of the game.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote