Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By st06nc2
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Lord Stiffupperlip
  • 2 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 1 Post By Lord Stiffupperlip

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2017, 07:40   #1
I am Banned

Am I seeing things

Coleman: 'Promotion not impossible' for rampant Reds - Accrington Observer

The accy observer doing a story on us that isn't negative 😮😮😮😮
Chrisr likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2017, 10:31   #2
Full Member+

Re: Am I seeing things

At least we do get a mention that's more than we get on the BBC look north.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 10:39   #3

Does anyone know why photos in the Observer are always of players in the away kit even when the story is about a home game?
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 10:45   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
Does anyone know why photos in the Observer are always of players in the away kit even when the story is about a home game?
Probably cos the Observer is based in Manchester now, so therefore have no sodding idea about local stuff.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 14-04-2017, 13:24   #5

I'm sure it has to be something to do with copyright and the MEN not having the necessary permission to print photo's of the game being reported. What gets up my nostrils even more is why they never print the league table. Probably again, something to do with not having the necessary permits. I've stopped buying the rag, I'm more interested in keeping up to date with accurate Stanley news and reports than the constant weekly druggy/scroat related so called local news.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 16:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
It's simple, they won't pay for current match photo's & resort to 'library' pics.
I had to laugh last week when they had a photo of Shay McCarten - with Josh Windass lurking in the background.
Talk about out of date!!!!!!!
keep the faith likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 17:51   #7
God Member

Now it's a Manchester rag, shouldn't the Obbie's strap line be "if it happens in Accrington, it's news to us" ?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 22:50   #8

I wonder if Stanley receive any revenue whatsoever from the rag, in return for being allowed to print match reports. I'm pretty certain that there are quite a few fans who are buying the paper in order to keep up to date with club news and match reports. I don't believe we get value for money.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 23:26   #9

With the exception of the actual match report, I've noticed most of the other Stanley 'news stories' are ripped verbatim straight from the fishy site.
Combined with last years photo's, this has got to be an example of no-cost journalism.
keep the faith likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..