Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2008, 21:02   #1
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Anyone Excited?

I will start this thread for depechemode, I hope it passes the Zombie Test.

Anyone excited? I am. I would be more if we signed someone to partner Mullin up front.
I’ve put the fixtures up at work and already started booking trips for clients to watch the matches. My sons are gearing up for the new season, now all we need is to know is the design of the new strip.
I’m thinking of bringing a brick with me to each game to try and save Eric a few pounds on building materials for the new stand.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2008, 21:09   #2
God Member

Re: Anyone Excited?

Im guessing by the lack of responses that nobody is over excited about the start of the season!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 21:09   #3
Senior Member+

I'm not excited at all. I'm going to try to be more positive this coming season, but I'm not looking forward to it. I'm not sure what it is, but interest levels are still pretty low.
Old 19-07-2008, 21:14   #4
God Member

Im with Tm on this, and my guess is that it is the lack of any significant info coming from the club that is causing me not to get excited, I havent even bothered to go to any pre season games.......not like me......and TBH I really dont fancy going to the Burnley one either.

Sadly I feel rather apathetic towards the Club at the moment, am I the only one, I wonder?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 21:16   #5
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I'm not sure what it is, but interest levels are still pretty low.
With possibly three teams starting on minus points and the rubbish served up last season along with the lack of transfer activity so far I have the same feeling.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 19-07-2008, 21:32   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
TBH I really dont fancy going to the Burnley one either.
Am I going to run out of people to stand with and be insulted by ?
Old 19-07-2008, 22:31   #7
Accy Red

Dave you will never run out of people to insult you.

Old 19-07-2008, 22:35   #8

Talking Re: Anyone Excited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Dave you will never run out of people to insult you.
Ya claret scum

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 06:42   #9
God Member

Slowly my optimism level is rising

I am hopeful that the three lads who came through the Youth setup will make an impact, two of the signings we have made so far carry a wealth of experience at a higher level and hopefully will help to bring a more solid unit on the pitch.

Hopefully the Exhibition will raise awareness of the Club in the town itself, particulary with the Kids and encourage them to come along to the FES with their Parents to home games it would be great to see our Home gate average move nearer the the 1600-2000 mark the Season Ticket Sales are a great start.

I hope that by keeping the squad size down and overall wage bill less that this is with the New Stand in mind. I am pretty sure as always there is lot going on behind the scenes that we do not see that over the coming weeks & months will bear fruit both on & off the Pitch.

There are things that do worry me!! But is that not part & parcel of being a Football Fan especially following Stanley? but more importantly we are still a Football League Club, what would you have given for that 5,10,15,20 or 40 Years Ago?

Bring on the Burnley

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 08:24   #10

well Iam going to do my bit and try to bring a few of my children's mates along and hopefully my brother when rovers arnt playing . Also I will be bringing clients from work when I am in .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 08:39   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
my guess is that it is the lack of any significant info coming from the club that is causing me not to get excited,

Sadly I feel rather apathetic towards the Club at the moment, am I the only one, I wonder?
I think you're spot on Cowboy. There has been very little information coming out of the club since the end of the season and I'm slowly losing interest. I know that we haven't signed many players (only one properly signed I believe), but what's stopping the club from keeping fans up to date with how training is going, what Coleman's been up to, etc, etc?

I posted some time ago about the dangers of alienating the fans, but nothing seems to have changed. I can honestly say that I'm less interested now than I have been in years. Shame really.
Old 20-07-2008, 09:02   #12
God Member

That has always been the problem for the last few years TM. And the loger it goes on for, the less forgiving people become or worse still, the less interested people become.

We have become a 'want it now' society and the internet gives us the tools to 'have it now'. If you want to find information out you can google it and there it is - but somebody has to have input the information from the other end.

Not a day should go by without something happening on the website. It gives us something to look at and talk about. And the biggest crime of nothing happening is that fans speculate - and that gives rise to tittle tattle.

Its not that long since we won website of the year in one of the leagues we left behind
Old 20-07-2008, 09:47   #13
Full Member+

Once again I think you've hit the nail on the head Macca. It is hard to believe that it's not long since we won the Website of the Year award! Now it seems to me that the fishy site is just stagnant, As you say, even the odd titbit about training (or anything going on at the club!) would keep people's interest. It just seems at the moment that no-one can be bothered with it!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 09:58   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
That has always been the problem for the last few years TM.
It looks from the outside like the club are not interested in the fans.

As the OSC do you not have regular meetings with the club where such things are discussed? When you have meetings do any of the club management attend so they can listen to what the fans say?
Old 20-07-2008, 10:06   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
two of the signings we have made so far carry a wealth of experience at a higher level and hopefully will help to bring a more solid unit on the pitch.
Has John Mullin signed yet? Last week it was still being hoped for.

Haven't seen a reply to any of my emails to the club on the subject of George Stewart.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 20-07-2008 at 10:11.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..