Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2020, 08:16   #766
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Personally might be wrong can't see the open coppice end being used surely if you have paid for the Clayton end under cover you wouldn't fancy being picked out to stand still for a couple of hours in all weather,s not even Cashy would want that. So therefore I reckon if using 3 sides our limited capacity would be about 950.
true wouldnt want it, but sure as hell would put up with if had too, i was brought up getting soaked on coppice end up peel park.
Old 20-07-2020, 08:22   #767
God Member

At least, with no one within 2 metres on the Coppice End, you could always use that high-tech solution to counteract getting soaked in the rain - an umbrella!
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 08:24   #768
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
true wouldnt want it, but sure as hell would put up with if had too, i was brought up getting soaked on coppice end up peel park.
Them wer days.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 12:45   #769
God Member

No wonder they won't trail crowds at football Leeds fans "celebrations" lead to police officers being injured one seriously pillocks every one of them that turned up in this current climate why not celebrate at home words fail me.
Old 20-07-2020, 16:47   #770
God Member

I was with you all the way, AndyD, until those last three words. After the last four months, I just can’t agree with that bit! ..
andyd likes this.
Old 20-07-2020, 18:07   #771
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

Ain't you the proper little martyr, St Cashy of the Coppice!
cashman and Div3North like this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 20-07-2020 at 18:09.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 07:57   #772
God Member

Quote:
No wonder they won't trail crowds at football Leeds fans "celebrations" lead to police officers being injured one seriously pillocks every one of them that turned up in this current climate why not celebrate at home words fail me.
could understand celebrations going a bit OTT if they had gained promotion at the end of a game they went too. just cannot see the point of them or liverpool fans coming miles to the ground just to celebrate something without players and management about.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 08:12   #773
God Member

Cool Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
could understand celebrations going a bit OTT if they had gained promotion at the end of a game they went too. just cannot see the point of them or liverpool fans coming miles to the ground just to celebrate something without players and management about.
Well me and you both possess what is called common sense sadly lacking in great parts of society.
Old 23-07-2020, 15:10   #774
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
Well the idiots were out at both Leeds and Liverpool again so called celebrations with drugs, alcohol and abusive behaviour among what some were arrested for, I,d like to believe genuine fans celebrated at home while these idiots use any excuse for anti social behaviour.
Old 23-07-2020, 15:29   #775
God Member

China ditches showing Premiership games in its row over Hawaihu second biggest contributer to TV deal could have if not resolved big implications for the English game financially.
Old 23-07-2020, 16:53   #776
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well the idiots were out at both Leeds and Liverpool again so called celebrations with drugs, alcohol and abusive behaviour among what some were arrested for, I,d like to believe genuine fans celebrated at home while these idiots use any excuse for anti social behaviour.
Don't just blame the fans sir.
What about the players and staff on the open top bus ?
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 18:06   #777
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Don't just blame the fans sir.
What about the players and staff on the open top bus ?
Apparently Leeds did that to help disperse the crowd quicker, well heard some good excuse,s in my time!
Old 24-07-2020, 07:28   #778
God Member

Quote:
Apparently Leeds did that to help disperse the crowd quicker, well heard some good excuse,s in my time!
if you believe that then you will believe all the experts around nowadays. unless leeds have their own open top bus they,d have to hire one from a few local companies who own them. you,d need at least a days notice to hire one.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 08:32   #779
God Member

Quote:
China ditches showing Premiership games in its row over Hawaihu second biggest contributer to TV deal could have if not resolved big implications for the English game financially.
Where did you hear of or read that, AndyD?
Old 24-07-2020, 15:31   #780
God Member

Wigan's preferred bidder pulled out at the last minute according to the administrators, moving on to next options.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..