Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2023, 12:25   #2266
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
Graham Alexander sacked by MK Don's so we face a new / Caretaker Manager on Saturday.
Never a good time to play any team
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2023, 13:52   #2267
God Member

Was only fearing this yesterday when I looked at the ‘form’ table for League 2.
keep the faith likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2023, 07:55   #2268

New manager at MK Dons, Mike Williamson, formerly at Gateshead.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2023, 09:13   #2269
Senior Member+

Congratulations to the u21s yesterday on beating Rovers 5-2 in the Central League Cup:
https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/o...ley-Under-21s/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2023, 09:25   #2270
Senior Member+

Did Harry Kane's second goal last night remind anyone of Lewis Trickett's second at Harrogate last week?
Old 21-10-2023, 18:44   #2271

Another new manager next Saturday. Colchester have sacked their's tonight. Same result as today will do very nicely.
Old 21-10-2023, 20:53   #2272
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
Another new manager next Saturday. Colchester have sacked their's tonight. Same result as today will do very nicely.
Oh ffs!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 01:33   #2273

What is going on at the club at the moment, Andy holt posting on Twitter he's had enough, put in 90k last month. 600k last year. Saying he's lost the fans, had enough. Clubs up for sale, not happy with coley and the media way he was interviewed.

Whatever gone on, needs to change. Andy's done everything for this club, same as John and Jimmy.
pifco likes this.
Old 22-10-2023, 09:47   #2274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
What is going on at the club at the moment, Andy holt posting on Twitter he's had enough, put in 90k last month. 600k last year. Saying he's lost the fans, had enough. Clubs up for sale, not happy with coley and the media way he was interviewed.

Whatever gone on, needs to change. Andy's done everything for this club, same as John and Jimmy.
Seems to have been sparked off with Bell's foolish interview with BBC Lancs Sport saying he wants to urgently sort out his contract with the club which expires in June next year. I saw the interview and Bell, obviously "not the sharpest knife in the box" was trying to put media/fan pressure on Mr Holt to hurry up contract talks. ........What's come out since on (X) twitter from Andy is he doesn't want the aggravation of running a football club and all the time it takes (including weekends) while bank rolling the club (£600k) last year, when he thinks the "majority" of fans "support" Bell and Coleman and don't think highly of him........Anyway, the clubs up for sale.......and I'm certain Jimmy Bell has ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF BEING OFFERED THE NEW CONTRACT HE WAS AFTER. ......If there's any chance of saving the situation I believe Jimmy better get round to Andy's house and offer to clean his shoes and Car for the next 12 months........or do the honourable thing and RESIGN NOW!
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 12:06   #2275
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Seems to have been sparked off with Bell's foolish interview with BBC Lancs Sport saying he wants to urgently sort out his contract with the club which expires in June next year. I saw the interview and Bell, obviously "not the sharpest knife in the box" was trying to put media/fan pressure on Mr Holt to hurry up contract talks. ........What's come out since on (X) twitter from Andy is he doesn't want the aggravation of running a football club and all the time it takes (including weekends) while bank rolling the club (£600k) last year, when he thinks the "majority" of fans "support" Bell and Coleman and don't think highly of him........Anyway, the clubs up for sale.......and I'm certain Jimmy Bell has ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF BEING OFFERED THE NEW CONTRACT HE WAS AFTER. ......If there's any chance of saving the situation I believe Jimmy better get round to Andy's house and offer to clean his shoes and Car for the next 12 months........or do the honourable thing and RESIGN NOW!
From elsewhere CG !..

On their decision to speak to the BBC, Holt wrote: 'They went to BBC Lancashire Sport for one or both of these reasons. To use pressure from fans to coerce me into giving new or extended contracts. To flag out publicly they’re available to other clubs.'

He also admitted that he hadn't spoken to the manager and his assistant after yesterday's win, before claiming last season's relegation was down to some 'poor decisions' made by the management and himself.

'They failed. In football getting relegated threatens a club. Last season was about p*** poor decisions and management. Including my decisions,' he wrote.

'I’m not replacing them. I’m replacing me,' he added.

With Andy's middle name being ' intransigent '.. as we all know, my fears are that he will not under any circumstances move from this reported position !.
As for 'The Management '... ???
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 12:33   #2276
Full Member+

I was shocked to read the post by Dav1d I hadn't heard that there was any serious problems although I did realise that last season's abysmal performances did disappoint many supporters but I don't think that Andy lost the support of the majority of the fans. To be honest I heard a great deal more complaint of the management.
If the club is up for sale I fear the future of the club when I think back to what position the club was in under all of the previous owners.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 12:57   #2277

IF as seems to be a possibility that your club may be for sale then i hope for your sake that it is a smoother transaction than that we have had and are still experiencing BUT for me Accy is far more of an attractive proposition from a buyer looking to do a Wrexham style take over where an organisation wants to milk their purchase from a marketing and media point of view. Problem with that is that a buyer could soon get bored and put the club back onto the market and that could lead to the footballing side becoming of less importance.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 17:04   #2278
Senior Member+

I know the club has come on a lot since then but remember the problems Eric Whalley had selling the club with the chap from Barnoldswick being the only taker then Ilyas having to pull his cheque book out as the gavel was about to descend on the winding up order in the High Court.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2023, 17:41   #2279

I think the fans need to get out with a massive display of support for Andy Holt next Saturday after all he's done for the club.
Old 07-11-2023, 19:10   #2280
Senior Member+

Congratulations to the Stanley Professional Development team who reached the semi-finals of the Lancashire Senior Cup today, beating PNE 3-2:

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2023/nove...ngton-stanley/ and on Stanley's Twitter page.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..