Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2011, 18:27   #46
God Member

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, why is Rob Heys denying this in the Observer?
Cannot answer that WH?? Thought after last weeks' article, that he had seen the light...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2011, 18:29   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Can we not give Rob Heys a break, he’s a true ASFC Supporter and at the end of the day he’s an employee of the club and has to work within the perimeter of his contract; whatever that may be. Peter Shaw has only done what we’ve asked for and was promised; he’s been open and transparent, which is more than anyone else has been in the last two years; at least we know before the rest of Lancashire. The future of the club is in all our hands.

Can;t argue with that except the immedaite future is actually only in the hands of 3 fans ?
Old 17-02-2011, 18:47   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynonieHarris
So, why is Rob Heys denying this in the Observer?
He says the forthcoming directors meeting is NOT a crisis meeting. He admits money is owed to the taxman but it's more like £30,000, not the £100,000 figure that's being bandied about on here. He says the exaggerated figures mentioned on here cause more problems for people at the club.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 19:00   #49
bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Why wasn't this meeting 'open'? Surely the gorey deets could have just been posted on here, as they eventually were by those present.
Improving transparency with closed meetings sounds like an oxymoronic state of affairs to me.Just my opinion.

Posted via Mobile Device
The meeting was organised to ensure all stakeholder groups were being informed of everything that is currently happening and what the actual situation at the club is in regards to financing. The idea of this was for each stakeholder group to then inform everyone of any information deemed important. I for one am pleased that Peter arranged it, he deserves a good amount of credit for this, at least we are actually finding out information rather than just hearing whispers. Surely this is step forward Shakermaker?
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 19:03   #50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Surely this is step forward Shakermaker?
Not when the club CEO promptly starts denying it the next day!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 19:05   #51
God Member

Quote:
The quote in the Observer will have been made during the day yesterday to get to print today
Old 17-02-2011, 19:06   #52
bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Was this meeting held by P Shaw as chairman of ASSF,or as a Director of stanley if the latter was it with the full backing of Mr Kharn ????
Peter did it as a fan, he knows what it is like for the rest of us who are always wanting transparency and I think thats why he wanted to help keep the fans informed of developments so that at least we have an idea of what is going on behind the scenes.
Old 17-02-2011, 19:07   #53

It is plain to see that the clubs income/outgoings do not balance!

Who is to blame?

Does it really matter right now?

Do we go into admin or not?

There are huge questions to be answered

There will be huges changes to be made

The club ie:

The players and JC & JB need us fans,the staff (not counting the board or club managers) but the likes of lewis,the groundman,the other coaching staff,bar staff,cleaners etc..the people whos day to day lifes revole around helping the club in way they can need all the support they can right now!

None of these people asked for this mess nor did we fans,who ever you blame for this mess for whatever reasons do not turn away from the club.

Feelings are running so high because we care so much about our club but do not allow the off field matters cloud your love for the club,come tuesday(if we have a game) be loud be proud(you may feel you dont have anything to be proud of at min)but remember how far this club has come this is not the end we will have a club come whatever may but we will still have a club we will still be ASFC!

People may think im off my rocker(it has be said before)but i feel the only difference us fans can make at the monment is showing our support for our club.

Otherways of making our anger shown towards the mess off the field will come at the right the time at the right place.

Im still a proud stanley fan proud of the team the players the coaching staff,but shaking my head and wondering about business side of things but will always show my support for the club.
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 19:09   #54
bdc

Quote:
Rob is not going to admit to the press that we have serious issues going on, it's like Turkeys voting for Christmas.
Old 17-02-2011, 19:17   #55
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The quote in the Observer will have been made during the day yesterday to get to print today
Totally confused now, Dave! How could a quote about what was posted on here last night have been made during the day yesterday? Am I having one of my increasingly frequent senior moments?
Old 17-02-2011, 19:20   #56
God Member

Quote:
Totally confused now, Dave! How could a quote about what was posted on here last night have been made during the day yesterday? Am I having one of my increasingly frequent senior moments?

Rob's quote wasn't about last night. It was about the rumours circulating earlier this week. It's just the timing of the Observer going to press thats put the timing out of sync
Old 17-02-2011, 19:27   #57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Rob's quote wasn't about last night. It was about the rumours circulating earlier this week. It's just the timing of the Observer going to press thats put the timing out of sync
Right, thanks for the enlightenment. So Rob's saying rumours of our financial problems are greatly exaggerated? Then there's a meeting at the club a few hours later where it's said that they aren't?

Go figure...
Old 17-02-2011, 20:30   #58
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
As a Stanley FAN Mab!!!! Thankfully he is there to keep us in the loop!!!
RIGHT SO YOUR SAYING PETER SHAW GAVE YOU ALL THIS INFORMATION ABOUT OUR CLUB,NOT AS CHAIRMAN OF ASSF OR AS A NOT RATIFIED YET STANLEY DIRECTOR BUT AS A FAN. SO WHERE DID HE GET ALL THIS INFO FROM IN THE FIRST PLACE THATS THE QUESTION,IF ROB HEYS DIDN'T GIVE HIM THE INFO AND HES INCHARGE OF THE DAY TO DAY RUNNING OF THE CLUB THEN WHERE.
Old 17-02-2011, 20:33   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
NOT AS CHAIRMAN OF ASSF OR AS A NOT RATIFIED YET STANLEY DIRECTOR BUT
I don't think he's chairman of the ASSF and he is a director, nothing to ratify, I think it just needs recording in the minutes of the next meeting
Old 17-02-2011, 20:38   #60
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
I don't think he's chairman of the ASSF and he is a director, nothing to ratify, I think it just needs recording in the minutes of the next meeting
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ors-56607.html LIKE YOU SAY NOT UNTIL THE NEXT BOARD MEETING DAVE,SO THIS STILL LEAVES THE QUESTION OF WHERE HE GOT HIS INFO FROM

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..