Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2011, 13:31   #106
God Member

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

To answer RR post and to put the conspiracy minds at rest once & for all:-

The meeting was held with a small cross section of fans, from all corners of the ground represented, osc, assf & ultras including the mix as well as me from accyweb modding point of view.

The reasons being the small meeting was as i gather as follows:-

* to get the points of the trouble stanley is in, in a general overview without not being heard over crowd, heckling and wavering bring the meeting that lasted an hr to several hrs and point getting nowhere or lost, also not involving arranging bar staff and that dodgey microphone

* to get the 'general' view of concern thats boundering about the stands and opinion/thoughts etc of whats happened over the past months and what the immediate future could hold.... we was told 'be prepared for pain' and deduce possible admin, point deduction, even rele from league as the extreme - BUT there is still going to be Accrington Stanley FC reassured!

* note that the blow of the ^^ above would be no surprise and still shock the hope is that the fans who was there would inform other fans who wasnt present, what the update is and to be put forward to the fans by the fans in any format [other than audio/video] and hope of softening the blow by compassion of fellow fans than director preacher style, Peter Shaw is a Fan when said and done as well as new director, and is his way of keeping the transparency as best he could. Word travels fast! So everyone is now in the loop and can be prepared for saturdays meeting before it happens, also we asked that there should be an update as to what is/isnt decided and fate asap ie sunday was suggested by fellow supporter.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 18-02-2011 at 13:36.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2011, 13:37   #107

I am not questioning why peter held the meeting or how he did (that is his chocie) but simply asked for the full facts of the meeting and I thought that a statement from peter himself would of be more helpful..........but that is just my view
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 13:44   #108
Senior Member+

Thanks for that, Stanleymad.

Certainly I have no "conspiracy mind". From over 200 miles away, the sequence of events is very difficult to piece together - but that does not mean that I (and others) will have no interest in it. My understanding now is that Peter Shaw called a meeting of "a small cross section of fans from all corners of the ground" and at this meeting it was said (amongst other things) that ASFC would owe £100k to HMRC by the end of this month.

That figure, however, has now been disputed by the club's CEO.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 13:46   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
I am not questioning why peter held the meeting or how he did (that is his chocie) but simply asked for the full facts of the meeting and I thought that a statement from peter himself would of be more helpful..........but that is just my view
He's done what he has done - ilyas style than rob's style

Seems some people think that cos we know we're bullcrapping, why would fans do that to the stanley family ?? We've had written statements before and even then people have pulled it apart or they've shot emself - so theres no pleasing in transparency and we wonder why nowts said or done taking the EW approach

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 18-02-2011, 13:46   #110
God Member

I reckon there are 2 people absolutely killing themselves laughing at you all now, while you're all fighting you've forgotten what a heap of crap they have got you in to

Last edited by Stanleymad; 18-02-2011 at 13:48. Reason: language
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 13:53   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
it was said (amongst other things) that ASFC would owe £100k to HMRC by the end of this month.

That figure, however, has now been disputed by the club's CEO.
Do we not know anybody who works at HMRC that can act as referee
Old 18-02-2011, 13:54   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I reckon there are 2 people absolutely killing themselves laughing at you all now, while you're all fighting you've forgotten what a heap of crap they have got you in to
Good blumming point! We should remember that, LOOK we cant DO anything about it now, its gonna be decided in London tommoz - least we have some good directors there trying their damness to protect and damage limitate as best as they can, so we can have a football club at the end of it and a HOPEFUL resolution to the ownership issue - its a GREAT kick start.

Lets not give the 2 plonkers who screwed it up any satisfaction! We are the stanley family and not taking the crap tinpot running anymore

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 18-02-2011, 13:56   #113

when did i say anyone was bullcrapping??? but a break down of the facts would be helpful may be i shouldnt ask for facts????
Old 18-02-2011, 13:57   #114
Junior Member+

How often are things lost in translation? Or misenterpriated especially if a bias point of view interprets something differently than how it should be.

I'm thankful we have been told what we have but if you were invited along with the intention of you feeding it back to us, why did Peter not take it upon himself to do so? He posts on here, he could tell us himself everything you've told us.
The Red Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 14:00   #115
God Member

Quote:
when did i say anyone was bullcrapping??? but a break down of the facts would be helpful may be i shouldnt ask for facts????
What facts do u want................someone to go in nick/copy the invoices or red letter bills

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 18-02-2011, 14:01   #116
God Member

Quote:
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD KATIE................READ THE POSTS, YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE FACTS..............WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE AND STOP WITH THE SELF PITYING "MAYBE I SHOULDNT ASK FOR FACTS" CRAP

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 14:03   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
What facts do u want................someone to go in nick/copy the invoices or red letter bills
hmmm very helpful
Old 18-02-2011, 14:03   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't think anyones fighting dave, but we have robs opening post of the thread,we have a heard by a few commentary by peter which fer whatever reason was withdrawn. which both seem like were in the Do-Do Big Time, n then we have the Beano n Rob quoted saying "Not a Crisis Meeting" 100K/30K,? Crisis/No Crisis? Fans are ruddy confused n IMHO deserve far better than this.
Old 18-02-2011, 14:03   #119
Junior Member+

Why not simply create a new thread with the entire list of facts we have; seen as how they are so scattered around?
The Red Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 14:05   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD KATIE................READ THE POSTS, YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE FACTS..............WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE AND STOP WITH THE SELF PITYING "MAYBE I SHOULDNT ASK FOR FACTS" CRAP
I have read the posts thankyou RR asks and is answered but i dare ask and i get all this????

thankyou cashman at least im not the only one who is a little confused..........wanna have a pop at him now ukcowboy????

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..