Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2014, 18:41   #1
Junior Member+

Brief view from Plymouth fan

Nice long trip back as we speak, thought i would share a majority of our coach view on the game.

Horrible conditions to start with, managed to get a seat under the covers but my god have you guys ever heard of leg room? Was a tight squeeze even for small women.

I don't think the pitch suited either side and the game was just a battle. Reuben took his goal well and you did have a few penalty shouts although it did look to us that gray is it? Dived.

I thought you were very lightweight going forward first half and we never looked in trouble, you had many corners but delivery was poor nearly every time. Second half Beattie showed he knows what he's doing bringing on the black lad and going direct.

You caused us a lot more problems that way as he was winning nearly everything.

We are all shocked with Reuben Reid decision to try and square the ball with a few minutes left when through on goal, surely he had to shoot!

Fair result in the end and a decent goal to get the draw.

Hunt played well and deserved motm, I thought molyneux was poor throughout and also your keeper was not very good. Rest of your team was solid.

Good luck rest of the season, you definitely won't go down.

Cheers
Pafcfaninpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2014, 18:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Brief view from Plymouth fan

A draw was a fair result, the pitch was awful. Surprised how many fans Plymouth brought. I thought Plymouth looked a decent side.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 19:08   #3
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
A draw was a fair result, the pitch was awful. Surprised how many fans Plymouth brought. I thought Plymouth looked a decent side.
Yeah the pitch was terrible especially for passing.

Forgot to mention your burgers were best Iv had all season and ticket prices superb for this league.

If we don't go up which doesn't look likely at the moment I look forward to visiting next season although I hope it's august and sunny!
Pafcfaninpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 00:28   #4
Full Member+

Plymouth certainly had a good following,about 450 i heard!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 18:00   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pafcfaninpeace View Post
Yeah the pitch was terrible especially for passing.

Forgot to mention your burgers were best Iv had all seas on and ticket prices superb for this league.

If we don't go up which doesn't look likely at the moment I look forward to visiting next season although I hope it's august and sunny!
Glad you enjoyed your Burger !....didn't enjoy your rather dubious description of Kayode though !...a little thought might have allowed you just to refer to him as ' the half time substitution'. We'd have known who you were alluding to !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 18:33   #6
God Member

What's dubious about referring to Kayode as a lad. He's no spring chicken but is one of the lads.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 22:15   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
What's dubious about referring to Kayode as a lad. He's no spring chicken but is one of the lads.
Not really concerned about his age, or his being 'one of the lads' Exile, but rather the unfortunately worded reference to his ethnic background !.....or am I being oversensitive again ?....I'm more than certain that you or I would not have referred to Reuben Reid as ' the b...k lad ' under any circumstances in a post on the Plymouth Forum !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 22:27   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Not really concerned about his age, or his being 'one of the lads' Exile, but rather the unfortunately worded reference to his ethnic background !.....or am I being oversensitive again ?....I'm more than certain that you or I would not have referred to Reuben Reid as ' the b...k lad ' under any circumstances in a post on the Plymouth Forum !.
Why not? He's black, isn't he?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 09:17   #9
God Member

Yonmon, I suspect you are being a little over- sensitive. Black is not a perjorative term. Decades have been spent fighting to establish that fact. Next time you get one of those ethnic origin questions, check out what the options are. I certainly read the Plymouth fan's comment as nothing more than descriptive.
Redraine likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 09:25   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Yonmon, I suspect you are being a little over- sensitive. Black is not a perjorative term. Decades have been spent fighting to establish that fact. Next time you get one of those ethnic origin questions, check out what the options are. I certainly read the Plymouth fan's comment as nothing more than descriptive.
Exile,i was hammered on here not long ago for saying "their coloured player" !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 09:27   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Exile,i was hammered on here not long ago for saying "their coloured player" !!
Who By? theres knobheads everywhere imho.
Old 24-03-2014, 12:36   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Who By? theres knobheads everywhere imho.
dont worry Cashy,it definately wasnt you !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 12:46   #13

To be fair the term 'coloured' is only deemed as offensive due to its historical connotations in relation to segregation.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 15:01   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

By who is it deemed offensive Sam? apart from knobheads.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..