Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2015, 08:26   #1
Senior Member+

Bury Match Thread

BIGGEST MATCH OF THE SEASON SO FAR ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!!
We need to maintain our momentum and there can be no better way of doing so than by getting THRRE POINTS against The Shakers on Friday night!
We need a good turn out of support for Coley, Jimmy and the Stanley team so get the buzz going round the town for extra folks to come on and support the team. I am sure that there will be a good turn out of Bury supporters and we need to beat them by being NUMEROUS, COLOURFUL, LOUD and PROUD!!!!!
In Division 2 we now have a little gap below us and a win would likely increase that gap over those below us. The three points would also help us to get closer to the Play Off candidates and we would start to become a really serious challenger for a top 7 finish.
So one and all, get down to The Crown on Friday night....Bring your friends and family......
Be seen IN RED.....SHOUT, CLAP, SING AND WAVE THOSE FAMOUS FLAGS AND BE THAT TWELFTH MAN ONCE MORE IN PLAYING OUR PART IN THE CONTINUING STORY OF OUR WONDERFUL CLUB.
ON STANLEY ON.
Bob Dobson likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2015, 09:49   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bury Match Thread

Really looking forward to this un, hopefully the gate will be well boosted by pishtakers, which would certainly help. On Stanley On.
Old 07-01-2015, 13:55   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Who is gonna be between the sticks on friday night?
Old 07-01-2015, 15:35   #4

Terrible weather forecast for the Accy area from noon onwards on Friday , very heavy rain and strong winds .
The last thing the club needs is a 7pm postponement but it cannot be ruled out IF the weather boffins have called it right ?
peter9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 15:45   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Forecast i'm looking at says light rain Friday, Sat crap.
Old 07-01-2015, 16:07   #6

UK weather to see TWO Atlantic storms merge to batter Britain | Daily Mail Online

I know it's the Mail, but this doesn't look promising.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 16:08   #7
Senior Member+

As others have said, forecast looks horrific, but im sure the pitch can and will hold out.

Not sure about the biggest game of the season, but its always good to win a local derby.

As for the keeper.......... Dawber is the only option at the moment as far as I can see..... Unless a rabbit is pulled out of the hat before Friday?
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 16:11   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Theres supposed to be a very promising young keeper in the youth? probably too young n inexperienced though. Just read in L.E.T. Simpson decided to turn a short term loan down to seek regular footy,I fear that will only be Non-League, silly lad.

Last edited by cashman; 07-01-2015 at 16:15.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 16:14   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Theres supposed to be a very promising young keeper in the youth? probably too young n inexperienced though.

Bloody Hell Cashy he's only just out of nappies !!!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 16:16   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Bloody Hell Cashy he's only just out of nappies !!!!!
Hey i'm nearly back in em.
MikeA, sparkie, smudgie and 4 others like this.
Old 07-01-2015, 18:03   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
As others have said, forecast looks horrific, but im sure the pitch can and will hold out.

Not sure about the biggest game of the season, but its always good to win a local derby.

As for the keeper.......... Dawber is the only option at the moment as far as I can see..... Unless a rabbit is pulled out of the hat before Friday?
Or a conejo....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 18:07   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hey i'm nearly back in em.
That's not exactly true ,remember you were on my knee all the way to Exeter !!!
P.S. You left your dummy.... I'll bring it Friday.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 18:09   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Or a conejo....

Speak sodding english, us numpties have no idea what yer on about.
Old 07-01-2015, 18:46   #14

Quote:
Speak sodding english, us numpties have no idea what yer on about.
A conejo I think is Spanish for a rabbit. A female rabbit I believe?.........I would prefer a male goalkeeper for Friday...... if at all possible.....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 18:52   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
A conejo I think is Spanish for a rabbit. A female rabbit I believe?.........I would prefer a male goalkeeper for Friday...... if at all possible.....
Sudden switch to Spanish, wonder if that's a hint. Man Utd signing Victor Valdes, lack of match practice, send him on loan to our imaginary new friends down the road

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..