Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2015, 10:39   #151
Resting in Peace

Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I do not see any animosity towards players in JC after match interview just stating the facts goalkeeper had time to move out for the ball, windass had a decent chance that 8 out of 10 he would have put away and a tongue in cheek comment about Aldred's absence (injured?) I was more a miss as to why he put Carver on for just 4 mins I would have liked to have seen on much earlier
Agreed. I didn't see much wrong with Coley's interview, or at least the 50% of it that I could hear. Dan's questions came out loud and clear, but were followed by a sort of mumbling scouse drawl. Perhaps Dan could be asked to put the microphone right under the boss's chin to help we hard of hearing strugglers?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2015, 10:42   #152

I can't even get on the official site as it comes up Bandwidth exceeded. What's up now?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 10:51   #153
God Member

[QUOTE=DAV007;1131267
If Alfred has refused to play due to some imaginary injury to help him get a move, then that is disgusting.
Stanley pay his wages, Stanley gave him his chance and it's Stanley who have suffered during his early career while he learnt his trade
Making up a fake injury to get help get a move when your still employed by Accrington is the lowest of the low.
When the team need him most he thinks of himself.
He is our best defender, it feels as if he has deserted us.[/QUOTE]

This must be one of your most pathetic offerings thus far, Davo. And God knows you offer plenty to choose from. I realise most of your posts are mere trollery, but this one reads just like a 'hater' hating.
Even if Mr.Aldred does secure a move to another club (which I for one would not begrudge him after his loyal and outstanding service to Stanley's cause) your implied criticism of him is contemptuous for a so-called fan. What ever happened to 'getting behind the club'?
AccyMad, yonmon and Chubbyman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 10:59   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
I can't even get on the official site as it comes up Bandwidth exceeded. What's up now?
Trying to get hold of the server people to sort it
Old 28-01-2015, 12:07   #155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Cashman Slags of politicians on the general forum for being full of spin and lies.

Now he is slagging off Coleman for being honest and truthful.

If Alfred has refused to play due to some imaginary injury to help him get a move, then that is disgusting.
Stanley pay his wages, Stanley gave him his chance and it's Stanley who have suffered during his early career while he learnt his trade
Making up a fake injury to get help get a move when your still employed by Accrington is the lowest of the low.
When the team need him most he thinks of himself.
He is our best defender, it feels as if he has deserted us.

On the plus side, Conneely looks a great prospect at CB.
If you're gonna slag the lad off at least have the decency to spell his name right - who the hell is Alfred???

Agree about Conneely by the way
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 12:11   #156
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Connelly had a good game i thought. looks fitter now, should be an asset.
Old 28-01-2015, 12:17   #157
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Connelly had a good game i thought. looks fitter now, should be an asset.
Mind our master tactician will probably drop him, Barry had a good game at Wimbledon.
Old 28-01-2015, 12:41   #158
Senior Member+

The same master tactician who signed him in the first place?

As for Aldred.

If you read my post again you will notice a word I used at the very start

IF

And how can you defend someone who's wages the club pays potentially refusing to play hiding behind a fake injury?

IF!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 12:58   #159
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I rarely read yer posts these days Davo, Just a quick glance, they aint worth me time, as i aint got a lot left.
smudgie likes this.
Old 28-01-2015, 14:46   #160

I've just listened to the interview now and, from what I could make of it, it didn't sound to bad. Yes he was saying players could have done better at the goal, the chance Josh had and going forward but I didn't take it to be in an overly critical manner.

Where I disagree with him is that we could have won it. Yes we created chances and made thr keeper save some but they were mostly from distance and were often blocked by the Bury defenders. Most of the follow up corners were either ineffective or straight to the keeper. Bury were not that good a team on the night and were probably the worst of the three we have just played but we had no goal threat in the centre. We were getting forward but often no one in the middle to press home an attack. Bury may have had fewer attacks but they were more likely to score with them than we were and there keeper had a better chance at scoring than most of our team .

There is no point Coley going on about we weren't complaining 4 games ago because that is in the past. Anyone watching that style of play will know how to combat it and 3 games on we are on a 3 game losing run and with the games coming up I wouldn't be surprised if the winless streak continues if we keep playing like that. It needs to change and we need someone who is a striker playing as a striker.

If the players we have don't suit Coley's system then we either get new players or change the system and I can't see any money for new players. Greece didn't become European Champions by having a system and fitting players into it the manager devised a system to suit the players he had and it worked.

I won't read any response from Dav0 since he is on my ignore list but, in case he talks his usual rhymes with fish, I do not hate Coley nor do I want him sacked and replaced by Beattie, I just want to see us winning again and I doubt we will win many the way we were playing in the last three games.

So, Dav0 spare us your usual drivel!!
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 15:04   #161
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
It needs to change and we need someone who is a striker playing as a striker.

If the players we have don't suit Coley's system then we either get new players or change the system
That sums it up in a nutshell.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 28-01-2015, 15:18   #162
Senior Member+

Quote:
That sums it up in a nutshell.
Easier said than done !!
We have no money,so are reliant on loanees for key positions and hes played three different systems in the last three games !!!
the basis for me now is clean sheets (sorry Redraine) and build on that,even if it makes us a little boring.
I am sure we would have got a point if Buxton hadn't blown up (great effort btw to last that long).
A crap 1-0 will do me on saturday
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 15:24   #163
Senior Member+

Quote:
Mind our master tactician will probably drop him, Barry had a good game at Wimbledon.
Cashy possibly as he has only just about reached something like full fitness Saturday - Tuesday might have just been to much for Barry.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 15:31   #164
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Easier said than done !!
We have no money,so are reliant on loanees for key positions and hes played three different systems in the last three games !!!
the basis for me now is clean sheets (sorry Redraine) and build on that,even if it makes us a little boring.
I am sure we would have got a point if Buxton hadn't blown up (great effort btw to last that long).
A crap 1-0 will do me on saturday
We all know we have no money,we also all know the strikers we have are not the greatest, But they "Aint" getting started, others who are NOT get that privilege.
Old 28-01-2015, 15:32   #165
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Cashy possibly as he has only just about reached something like full fitness Saturday - Tuesday might have just been to much for Barry.
Possibly so? But has he been injured fer long?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..