Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2015, 22:06   #181
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
We are getting better and closer to a clean sheet
Tranmere conceded 3
Wimbledon conceded 2
Bury conceded 1
Maybe Saturday will be our day
I hope your right st06nc2!! ,Northampton have a good record at our place and on a winning spree with 3 wins on the bounce and 1pt more than us but we do have agame in hand. We'll have to be on top of our game saturday ☺

Last edited by mab; 28-01-2015 at 22:11.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2015, 22:11   #182
Senior Member+

Until there recent spate of wins, Northampton fans where calling for their manager to be sacked after an awful run of results

I dont think they are a good team, we can certainly beat them.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 01:52   #183
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Until there recent spate of wins, Northampton fans where calling for their manager to be sacked after an awful run of results

I dont think they are a good team, we can certainly beat them.

And if we lose will you be calling for the managers head?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 04:05   #184
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
Maybe it would help if the players around him were played in their proper positions.

Winnard being squeezed into the side in any full-back role because he's one of Coley's favourites is damaging the side and meant that Buxton had to play out of position himself at left-back, though he had a solid game in fairness to him.

Conneely looked much better as a central defender than he did as a left back comparing his performance last night with the one against Tranmere.

Nevertheless, there were two people sat on the bench who could have started in the full-back roles and made things a lot easier for the defence - Nicky Hunt and Michael Liddle.

But what do we know, we're not the ones with the coaching badges after all...
Interesting comments Stanley,
I presume Dean was also Cookys,Leams and Beatties favourite as well !, very naive comment.
You underestimate Coley,indeed,he was asked to do a job on their speedster,Danny Mayor(remember,the lad who rinsed Bucco at their place)
How do you think he played ?,can't recall him doing much,therefore he did the job asked of him.
Didn't lids turn over possession which led to the free kick/goal ?
Toms done well for Acci,but how many games did we win last season when he was in the team and dean wasn't alongside him ?
Everyone has their favourites,I accept that,but believe me,Coley is only interested in you doing a job for him,do it,you in,don't,and your out !!! Simple.
DAV007 likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 07:21   #185
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
And if we lose will you be calling for the managers head?
NO.
It would be 4 games without a win, not Beatties 12 without a win.
There is lots of promise in the team, we will win on Saturday.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 08:54   #186
Senior Member+

Loving the fact, I can't read half of this thread

Fallen out with Aldred & Carver for petty reasons, criticizes a rookie keeper and young midfielder when we have no other better alternatives.

Absolute clown, no doubt he has lost the dressing room whatsoever.

Relegation battle is not out of the question by any stretch of the imagination unfortunately.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 08:56   #187
Senior Member+

Oh and for those who are having a pop at Aldred. Hang your head's in shame.

The lad has been simply immense since we signed him and I sincerely hope IF he was to leave he finds a better club which I have no doubt he will whatsoever.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 09:03   #188
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Loving the fact, I can't read half of this thread

Fallen out with Aldred & Carver for petty reasons, criticizes a rookie keeper and young midfielder when we have no other better alternatives.

Relegation battle is not out of the question by any stretch of the imagination unfortunately.
and Hunt and Windass and he doesn't even like himself.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 09:49   #189
Senior Member+

Oh Dear,
Lots of 'Owd Cobblers' being bandied about taking the original "Bury Match Thread" into some dodgy areas.
Perhaps a new thread titled "Coley The Manager..... What do you think?" should have been posted.
So........talking of 'Cobblers'
.....Let's just get behind our team......whoever Coley and Jimmy select and absolutely
stuff "The Cobblers" on Saturday!!!
COME ON YOU REDS
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad and DAV007 like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 10:01   #190
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
We are getting better and closer to a clean sheet
Tranmere conceded 3
Wimbledon conceded 2
Bury conceded 1
Maybe Saturday will be our day
Then a 0-0 Draw is definitely one for the Fixed-odds Coupon !!.
AccyMad likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 10:38   #191
God Member

Quote:

You want to watch yourself criticising the 'football genius', he'll set his big brother on you. A few years ago I questioned his substitution policy and Coley 1957/Coley57 came on and asked what I knew about football (which admittedly isn't very much). Makes you wonder if DAV007's a relative!

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 11:23   #192
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
NO.
It would be 4 games without a win, not Beatties 12 without a win.
There is lots of promise in the team, we will win on Saturday.
Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Accrington Stanley
Outback Ozzy and Chubbyman like this.
Old 29-01-2015, 12:30   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Accrington Stanley
Doesn't count, read his posts!!!, hater, etc

Dav0stats only show Coley good, rest of world bad.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 12:35   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Interesting comments Stanley,
I presume Dean was also Cookys,Leams and Beatties favourite as well !, very naive comment.
You underestimate Coley,indeed,he was asked to do a job on their speedster,Danny Mayor(remember,the lad who rinsed Bucco at their place)
How do you think he played ?,can't recall him doing much,therefore he did the job asked of him.
Didn't lids turn over possession which led to the free kick/goal ?
Toms done well for Acci,but how many games did we win last season when he was in the team and dean wasn't alongside him ?
Everyone has their favourites,I accept that,but believe me,Coley is only interested in you doing a job for him,do it,you in,don't,and your out !!! Simple.
Is it really a naïve comment? Dean Winnard is not a right back, he's a central defender. Adam Buxton, however, is a right back. Nicky Hunt, however, is a right back. Surely those two would be better options in that position rather than trying to put a square peg into a round hole and playing jobs for the boys?

I remember Winnard almost having to rip the shirt off Mayor's back to stop him from running off into the distance at one stage in the first half and struggling to cope with Mayor all night.

Maybe it was Lidds who turned over possession for the free-kick (I can't remember and it's not shown on the highlights) but if the 6 foot 7 goalkeeper comes to claim the ball - as he should - then it wouldn't be an issue.
smudgie likes this.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 14:24   #195
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
Is it really a naïve comment? Dean Winnard is not a right back, he's a central defender. Adam Buxton, however, is a right back. Nicky Hunt, however, is a right back. Surely those two would be better options in that position rather than trying to put a square peg into a round hole and playing jobs for the boys?

I remember Winnard almost having to rip the shirt off Mayor's back to stop him from running off into the distance at one stage in the first half and struggling to cope with Mayor all night.

Maybe it was Lidds who turned over possession for the free-kick (I can't remember and it's not shown on the highlights) but if the 6 foot 7 goalkeeper comes to claim the ball - as he should - then it wouldn't be an issue.
I think your a footballing man Stanley and your posts are well worth reading.
Just a quick question (not being arrogant),but how long have you watched Stanley for?.
The reason is deans played 250 games,100+ at right back,70+ at left back and the remainder at centre back(under 4 managers)
He was right back (played nearly ever game) in our play off season.
To say round peg/square hole is very disrespectful.
I admit I prefer him as a sweeper,but that's coleys decision
He's an out and out defender,who can play anywhere across the back line.
Offensively,there's better players,defensively no chance.
He's by far the quickest defender on the books,and that's the reason he gets nominated to pick up the quick men (he and bucko swapped 5 mins from kick off because they were worried about mayor)
Back to the goal,don't blame lids or rob this time as he took one for the team.
The ball was cleared and all the defenders moved out but proccy stayed in,playing them onside.
The keeper should come,no problem,so he gets a tick and proccy half a tick as they would have been offside anyway.
AccyMad, shakermaker and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..