Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2015, 16:47   #166
Senior Member+

Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Easier said than done !!
We have no money,so are reliant on loanees for key positions and hes played three different systems in the last three games !!!
the basis for me now is clean sheets (sorry Redraine) and build on that,even if it makes us a little boring.
I am sure we would have got a point if Buxton hadn't blown up (great effort btw to last that long).
A crap 1-0 will do me on saturday
Never mind the last three games, I thought from last night's analysis that you'd assessed that he had played at least three different systems against Bury !!....I reckoned it was 6-3-1 which you dismissed and trumped with 4-3-3 then 4-4-2 then ?...and. ?.
It's really great having mates-in- the-know !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2015, 16:59   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
If Alfred has refused to play due to some imaginary injury to help him get a move, then that is disgusting.

Stanley pay his wages, Stanley gave him his chance and it's Stanley who have suffered during his early career while he learnt his trade.

Making up a fake injury to get help get a move when your still employed by Accrington is the lowest of the low.

When the team need him most he thinks of himself.

He is our best defender, it feels as if he has deserted us.
Sorry, what?

I've not taken sides in the petty arguments that have gone on here in recent weeks but I really do have to say that this is one of most stupid posts I've seen.

Accrington Stanley SUFFERED because of Tom Aldred? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Just read that back and realise how ludicrous that sounds. He was by far the best player last season and arguably should have moved up a level in the summer. Given his form over the last 18 months, I'd say the club have been lucky to have Tom here for as long as they have.

The amount of times that he's picked up injuries during games and shaken it off to continue playing or to make it in time for the next game is a testament to the type of player he is and you're happy to slag him off because you've bought into Coley's post-match comments about him.

Personally, I think there's got to be more to it than meets the eye. Everyone on here would acknowledge that it takes more than a minor knock to stop Aldred from pulling on the Red shirt and playing for ASFC.

If he is to leave then I wish him the best of luck. The club gave him a chance after leaving Colchester and he most certainly took it with both hands - or feet, in this instance and the club have reaped the rewards with some outstanding performances from him. He deserves to play at a higher level and at least him leaving now will bring some money into the club.

The only thing I agree with you on is that he's Stanley's best defender. That much, for me, is unquestionable.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 17:11   #168
Resting in Peace

The word "on the street" last night was that Coley had allegedly criticised Tom after Wimbledon for his recent performances and assured him he would be dropped for last night's game. That might explain things, but I have no idea how true it is.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 17:11   #169
Senior Member+

so only frankmoody and chubbyman thought colemans interview was awful.

how interesting.

only chubbyman and frankmoody thought we where awful yesterday.

how interesting.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 17:16   #170
Senior Member+

Quote:
so only frankmoody and chubbyman thought colemans interview was awful.

how interesting.

only chubbyman and frankmoody thought we where awful yesterday.

how interesting.

You've missed we also thought you were bloody awful
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 17:28   #171
pud

Quote:
Why did Flitcroft sub Jones and Hope?
I though Jones kept on catching our left back out in the first half and Hope looks just the kind of striker who would fit our system perfectly.

Cameron could have had a hatrick tonight.
Just missed out on sliding in on a free kick
Stinging Header over the bar from a corner
scored in the 2nd half

He is one of the best league 2 CB I have seen, He has pace and is good in the air. Suprised he is playing at this level.
Cam has been a revelation this season but he was dire last season. He has been built up by flickers and he has responded. As for Jones he has all the running in the world but his final ball lets him down so much. He did put it on a plate for Tutte who skied it from 8 yrds (i think it still hasn't bounced yet!)

Adams came on for Jones and had one cleared off the line and could have got on the end of a cross but missed it and slid in to the post.

Proccy did ok tonight

I am glad coley left it really late before bringing Carver on I think he could well have caused us problems!

All the best in the rest of the season. I always keep an eye out for Stanleys scores not least as I live in Accy!
pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 17:35   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
Sorry, what?

I've not taken sides in the petty arguments that have gone on here in recent weeks but I really do have to say that this is one of most stupid posts I've seen.

Accrington Stanley SUFFERED because of Tom Aldred? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Just read that back and realise how ludicrous that sounds. He was by far the best player last season and arguably should have moved up a level in the summer. Given his form over the last 18 months, I'd say the club have been lucky to have Tom here for as long as they have.

The amount of times that he's picked up injuries during games and shaken it off to continue playing or to make it in time for the next game is a testament to the type of player he is and you're happy to slag him off because you've bought into Coley's post-match comments about him.

Personally, I think there's got to be more to it than meets the eye. Everyone on here would acknowledge that it takes more than a minor knock to stop Aldred from pulling on the Red shirt and playing for ASFC.

If he is to leave then I wish him the best of luck. The club gave him a chance after leaving Colchester and he most certainly took it with both hands - or feet, in this instance and the club have reaped the rewards with some outstanding performances from him. He deserves to play at a higher level and at least him leaving now will bring some money into the club.

The only thing I agree with you on is that he's Stanley's best defender. That much, for me, is unquestionable.
Everyone has their tipping point with Dav0. For me it was after Tranmere which we lost because Coley was stuck with Beattie's players. Adding him to the ignore list helps but some severe moderation of the rubbish would be more effective.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 17:44   #173
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Sorry, what?

Its only one of the most stupid posts yeh have seen, due to the fact yeh aint been on here that long, Davos been consistent fer a few years now.
Old 28-01-2015, 18:06   #174
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Never mind the last three games, I thought from last night's analysis that you'd assessed that he had played at least three different systems against Bury !!....I reckoned it was 6-3-1 which you dismissed and trumped with 4-3-3 then 4-4-2 then ?...and. ?.
It's really great having mates-in- the-know !!.
At one point in the second half,it seemed both teams went man for man !!!,and ended up 4-2-4 !
Think the widemen from both teams were knackered and couldn't track back which made for a end to end game for a time !!!
Don't think that was in the script
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 18:33   #175
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
At one point in the second half,it seemed both teams went man for man !!!,and ended up 4-2-4 !
Think the widemen from both teams were knackered and couldn't track back which made for a end to end game for a time !!!
Don't think that was in the script
Which script would that be then ??..... Incidentally, I've just watched Brendan Rogers stating that Liverpool have rediscovered their identity !....have our Reds lost a little of theirs do you think ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 18:46   #176
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
The word "on the street" last night was that Coley had allegedly criticised Tom after Wimbledon for his recent performances and assured him he would be dropped for last night's game. That might explain things, but I have no idea how true it is.
Thats what i was told last night as well but with the Tranmere game thrown in as well
Old 28-01-2015, 18:54   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Thats what i was told last night as well but with the Tranmere game thrown in as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Maybe it would help if the players around him were played in their proper positions.

Winnard being squeezed into the side in any full-back role because he's one of Coley's favourites is damaging the side and meant that Buxton had to play out of position himself at left-back, though he had a solid game in fairness to him.

Conneely looked much better as a central defender than he did as a left back comparing his performance last night with the one against Tranmere.

Nevertheless, there were two people sat on the bench who could have started in the full-back roles and made things a lot easier for the defence - Nicky Hunt and Michael Liddle.

But what do we know, we're not the ones with the coaching badges after all...
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 19:15   #178
Senior Member+

Quote:
Maybe it would help if the players around him were played in their proper positions.

Winnard being squeezed into the side in any full-back role because he's one of Coley's favourites is damaging the side and meant that Buxton had to play out of position himself at left-back, though he had a solid game in fairness to him.

Conneely looked much better as a central defender than he did as a left back comparing his performance last night with the one against Tranmere.

Nevertheless, there were two people sat on the bench who could have started in the full-back roles and made things a lot easier for the defence - Nicky Hunt and Michael Liddle.

But what do we know, we're not the ones with the coaching badges after all...

Thank God I haven't any coaching badges,imagine being like Super Coach DAVO !!!
DAV007 likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 21:48   #179
I am Banned

We are getting better and closer to a clean sheet
Tranmere conceded 3
Wimbledon conceded 2
Bury conceded 1
Maybe Saturday will be our day
Chubbyman likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 22:02   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
We are getting better and closer to a clean sheet
Tranmere conceded 3
Wimbledon conceded 2
Bury conceded 1
Maybe Saturday will be our day
Following that pattern, with our luck, game off 0 conceded
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..