View Single Post
Old 28-01-2015, 16:59   #167
StanleyAccrington

Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
If Alfred has refused to play due to some imaginary injury to help him get a move, then that is disgusting.

Stanley pay his wages, Stanley gave him his chance and it's Stanley who have suffered during his early career while he learnt his trade.

Making up a fake injury to get help get a move when your still employed by Accrington is the lowest of the low.

When the team need him most he thinks of himself.

He is our best defender, it feels as if he has deserted us.
Sorry, what?

I've not taken sides in the petty arguments that have gone on here in recent weeks but I really do have to say that this is one of most stupid posts I've seen.

Accrington Stanley SUFFERED because of Tom Aldred? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Just read that back and realise how ludicrous that sounds. He was by far the best player last season and arguably should have moved up a level in the summer. Given his form over the last 18 months, I'd say the club have been lucky to have Tom here for as long as they have.

The amount of times that he's picked up injuries during games and shaken it off to continue playing or to make it in time for the next game is a testament to the type of player he is and you're happy to slag him off because you've bought into Coley's post-match comments about him.

Personally, I think there's got to be more to it than meets the eye. Everyone on here would acknowledge that it takes more than a minor knock to stop Aldred from pulling on the Red shirt and playing for ASFC.

If he is to leave then I wish him the best of luck. The club gave him a chance after leaving Colchester and he most certainly took it with both hands - or feet, in this instance and the club have reaped the rewards with some outstanding performances from him. He deserves to play at a higher level and at least him leaving now will bring some money into the club.

The only thing I agree with you on is that he's Stanley's best defender. That much, for me, is unquestionable.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote