View Single Post
Old 29-01-2015, 14:24   #195
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
Is it really a naïve comment? Dean Winnard is not a right back, he's a central defender. Adam Buxton, however, is a right back. Nicky Hunt, however, is a right back. Surely those two would be better options in that position rather than trying to put a square peg into a round hole and playing jobs for the boys?

I remember Winnard almost having to rip the shirt off Mayor's back to stop him from running off into the distance at one stage in the first half and struggling to cope with Mayor all night.

Maybe it was Lidds who turned over possession for the free-kick (I can't remember and it's not shown on the highlights) but if the 6 foot 7 goalkeeper comes to claim the ball - as he should - then it wouldn't be an issue.
I think your a footballing man Stanley and your posts are well worth reading.
Just a quick question (not being arrogant),but how long have you watched Stanley for?.
The reason is deans played 250 games,100+ at right back,70+ at left back and the remainder at centre back(under 4 managers)
He was right back (played nearly ever game) in our play off season.
To say round peg/square hole is very disrespectful.
I admit I prefer him as a sweeper,but that's coleys decision
He's an out and out defender,who can play anywhere across the back line.
Offensively,there's better players,defensively no chance.
He's by far the quickest defender on the books,and that's the reason he gets nominated to pick up the quick men (he and bucko swapped 5 mins from kick off because they were worried about mayor)
Back to the goal,don't blame lids or rob this time as he took one for the team.
The ball was cleared and all the defenders moved out but proccy stayed in,playing them onside.
The keeper should come,no problem,so he gets a tick and proccy half a tick as they would have been offside anyway.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote