Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2016, 09:51   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Cambridge United MATCH THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by db1007 View Post
Thoughts on Scott Brown? Personally I think he's filled in for crooksey perfect creating chances an scores a few aswel! Could be a big player for us if we resign him!!

Brown seems decent, does nothing spectacular but seems to break play up and keep it simple, which is exactly what he is in the team to do.
monkey hanger likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2016, 10:09   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Brown seems decent, does nothing spectacular but seems to break play up and keep it simple, which is exactly what he is in the team to do.
I think decent is the right word.

He's not a name I would put in my starting XI but nor is he a liability.

My only issue is that neither he or Conneely are ball carriers.

That along with Pearson playing at full back means that we are often short on options transitioning through the midfield(nothing against Pearson, he's a solid defender - just Bucko at fullback gives us more going forward).

For me with the 4-2-3-1 formation we play you either need the two fullbacks to push on and the 2 holding mids to sit or the fullbacks to sit and one of the holding mids to bomb on.

With Crooks and in the past Windass(when he played deeper), Murphy and Proctor we've always had that midfielder who wants to push on and I think that works will alongside a Conneely/Joyce type.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:47   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Keeps it simple,gets stuck in, if he has to, gives 100%, yeh dont have to be a worldbeater to be appreciated, just give 100%.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:00   #34
Senior Member+

I've always been one who believes in a balance to a side,for example bucko is an unbelievably talented kid who would start every game,but only if your other fullback is a solid defender who can move across to to make a three.
Therefore his perfect foil is Matty,but you can't drop Halliday !!
As Cashy says it's all about opinions and I would have brought on Gornell for Billy yesterday,but the changes got us a draw so what do I know 😃
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:11   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Halliday was immense yesterday and thoroughly deserved his MoM. Billy seemed to struggle after he was clattered and should have been replaced in my view.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:12   #36
God Member

Football is all about opinions I personally like Sean what I don't like and it shouldn't happen is cheering when he is substituted he walked off quite close to me and if I heard surely he could to disgrace.
baldy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:13   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

it certainly should not happen, no argument, but it was probably brought on by those who select, many can see when he regular aint doing the business,
Old 03-04-2016, 11:42   #38
Senior Member+

Strange that Cashy,although he did nothing wrong,I thought their system pinned Halliday back,particularly in the second half.
Then again the bobbly pitch once again hindered our possession game,this may have affected him bombing forward !!!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:49   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Strange that Cashy,although he did nothing wrong,I thought their system pinned Halliday back,particularly in the second half.
Then again the bobbly pitch once again hindered our possession game,this may have affected him bombing forward !!!
we all around were saying how good he had been n no-one was surprised when our ex-pros gave him MoM.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:57   #40
Senior Member+

Looking at the half time photos on the pitch I thought the local gypsys had sponsored the game until Yomon put me right !!!����
cashman likes this.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:59   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Did we not get to the play-offs before with certain players in the side, who were not consistent? i know me memorys not what it was, but i'm sure we did.
With that inconsistency removed we've enjoyed massive success in the intervening years. And following its return we've had nothing but failure. Or is my memory going too?
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:01   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
With that inconsistency removed we've enjoyed massive success in the intervening years. And following its return we've had nothing but failure. Or is my memory going too?
Thats how dense yeh are if yeh consider a club like ours retaining league status is failure.
smudgie likes this.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:02   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Think it was Fergie who once said "if you listen to the fans it won't be long before your sat with them"!!!!
We got the the play offs with Sean in the team and we are on the brink of history with him in the team again.
The manager trusts him to do a job,and more often than not he does it.
You can't get to were we are carrying a player.
Piero is the wide,go forward player,were Sean's a midfield link who's touch allows others to link up.
All players have off days,many reasons,but for me he does what's asked.
The new lad is a great planB option,but has little experience of defending and switched off a couple of times yesterday.
Crooksey was missed yesterday for me,think his go forward instinct could have given us the edge.
If that's all she knows about Soccer it's no wonder Prince Andrew dumped her !.....but hasn't too little been mentioned about yesterday's playing surface ?, to my thinking it was one of the main contributing factors to the lack of skilful football being produced by the Reds !. No fault of Buzzers just the current weather conditions I expect, but it does make a difference !.

As for the Fosu substitution for dear Sean, Alfred.E. notes...An alligator is an excellent substitute for a Crocodile to a man who has no Crocodiles .
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:15   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
We got the the play offs with Sean in the team
As always, I respect your opinions f19. But I do seem to recall one Accy player getting himself sent off in one of those play-off matches. Am I correct?
smudgie likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:39   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
As always, I respect your opinions f19. But I do seem to recall one Accy player getting himself sent off in one of those play-off matches. Am I correct?
Joe Jacobson ???
Red-Osbornello likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..