Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2016, 21:53   #1
Senior Member+

Cambridge United MATCH THREAD

Well, it is one heck of a BIG MATCH tomorrow for our beloved ACCRINGTON STANLEY!!!
A tough job in hand as The "U's" limited Oxford last week to not having any shots on goal at all!
However, I do think that we have the firepower and the form to break them down, especially with Josh Windass back in the team. And with Billy 'The Legend' leading the line up front, I think he can do another great job tomorrow, as he has done since he came in earlier in the season.
Come on you STANLEY PLAYERS, you have a magnificent chance to cement your names in the History of the amazing return of Accrington Stanley. Come on you STANLEY SUPPORTERS. Give it everything you can boys and girls and let's all be 100% behind the team from the terraces!!!
Come on all you Stanley fans. It's my call once again to be the TWELFTH MAN.............
Here's the requirement....Singing and Bouncing up and down, shouting like idiots, clapping and making as much noise as we can for Coley and THE TEAM!

STANLEY can make history in the last few weeks of this memorable season.
Let's make it together to the next step up the leagues!!!
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad and Outback Ozzy like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 01-04-2016 at 21:55.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2016, 22:04   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Cambridge United MATCH THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Well, it is one heck of a BIG MATCH tomorrow for our beloved ACCRINGTON STANLEY!!!
A tough job in hand as The "U's" limited Oxford last week to not having any shots on goal at all!
However, I do think that we have the firepower and the form to break them down, especially with Josh Windass back in the team. And with Billy 'The Legend' leading the line up front, I think he can do another great job tomorrow, as he has done since he came in earlier in the season.
Come on you STANLEY PLAYERS, you have a magnificent chance to cement your names in the History of the amazing return of Accrington Stanley. Come on you STANLEY SUPPORTERS. Give it everything you can boys and girls and let's all be 100% behind the team from the terraces!!!
Come on all you Stanley fans. It's my call once again to be the TWELFTH MAN.............
Here's the requirement....Singing and Bouncing up and down, shouting like idiots, clapping and making as much noise as we can for Coley and THE TEAM!

STANLEY can make history in the last few weeks of this memorable season.
Let's make it together to the next step up the leagues!!!
ON STANLEY ON

I can't sleep.....:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
Old 02-04-2016, 08:07   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

They are all BIG matches now simple fact, todays will be very tough i'm sure, but think we can come through it wi maximum points,agree everyone needs to get behind the lads,as they strive to make history. Cmon you reds.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:20   #4
God Member

its getting more tense as the weeks go bye. spending more time looking at who plays who etc. can,t relax at games either. be glad when the season is over and we are runners up to the cobblers.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:18   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its getting more tense as the weeks go bye. spending more time looking at who plays who etc. can,t relax at games either. be glad when the season is over and we are runners up to the cobblers.
That is one helluva prediction, but I do believe you may be correct. This team can make history in the next 5 weeks (yep that is all it is till the end of another rollercoaster season)

All I will say is C'MON YOU REDS, lets make the neighbours hear the noise at the remainder of the home games.
monkey hanger likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:08   #6
God Member

just got my lucky takeaway breakfast, lucky shirt and sweater on and got my lucky merc. estate out of the garage. doing everything possible that I can do to get the lads 3 points.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:53   #7
God Member

Sounds like someone else who's as superstitious as me, I bought one of the stripey shirts but only wore it for two home games - Portsmouth & Barnet!! After those results i had to 'rest it' & go back to my old Joma play-offs shirt.which I'd worn all season, things started to look up again when I did so I'm afraid my lovely new Mitre one stays at home on match days now
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:17   #8
Resting in Peace

Due to health issues I have missed the last 3 home wins and cannot make today as well, which as you can imagine, is driving me nuts. When I have to miss a match I try to be philosophical and think that if we win I can still celebrate, and if we lose or draw well then I haven't missed much! Whatever, I really do lap up the reports of all you lucky guys and gals who can get there, so please keep 'em coming tonight. Good luck to Coley and his warriors!
yonmon and choirboy like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:02   #9
God Member

Blimey, another agonising 'remote' day. Good point from one down and Stanley keep their goal scoring record. At one point the other results were horrendous but a draw turned out to be not as bad as it could have been.
Phew!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:30   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

our second half display was abysmal, until the 2 subs came on, in good time for once, i would like anyone to explain to me (apart from nepotism) how Sean Mc is starting before the lad that came on and scored a very good equalizer.have to say Cambridge got away with MANY niggling fouls.

Last edited by cashman; 02-04-2016 at 16:32.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:45   #11
God Member

In limbo for another week...DAM
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:50   #12
Senior Member+

Hard fought niggly game and was more of a conference type game.
Think teams are onto our style of play and they work hard,contest every ball try to stop us playing.
The first half was a dull affair with both teams having two holding players who just sat in front of the back fours so there was no room to operate in.
Thought Shaun was poor today and Billy also struggled to retain possession against two no-nonsense centre backs.
It goes to show if you don't hold the ball up front it's nearly impossible to spring forward"
The goal was poor defending but we was warned minutes earlier.
Showed character to get a point tho and we move on
KTF
AccyMad, baldy and chevyfire like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 16:53   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
our second half display was abysmal, until the 2 subs came on, in good time for once, i would like anyone to explain to me (apart from nepotism) how Sean Mc is starting before the lad that came on and scored a very good equalizer.have to say Cambridge got away with MANY niggling fouls.
I agree Cashy about the second half and the substitutions, especially Fosu for Sean Mac. Sean had a couple of good chances in the first half but he must convert some of these into goals....simple! Fosu looks like a true athlete to me and he took his 'one on one' with the keeper superbly with more or less his first touch on the ball! He threatened two or three more times in the closing stages. Big question is, could he reproduce that form for a full 90 minutes if he was to be given a start?
In the first half for twenty minutes we 'clicked' with our slick passing with Josh Windass very effective with his first time flicks and passes and runs into space.
Credit to our opponents though because they then closed us down effectively having clearly done their homework on us! I was frustrated that Spencer was allowed to get away with so much foul play during the whole match! Some of his barges into our defenders were so clear to see and some were quite dangerous and risked serious injury to our players! When a defender is in the air going for a header and is then barged into sideways by an opponent running from afar, they are likely to get totally upended and come down on their head or arms a bit like in a 'spear tackle' in Rugby!
The referee could well be observed by many people to have a had a 'good game' because he didn't book any players at all, but it would have made for a much better game if he had booked somebody after 30 minutes or so.
In the end a draw was good result for us as some of our boys clearly underperformed today.

ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 02-04-2016 at 17:03.
Old 02-04-2016, 17:06   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The way i see it wi fosu, he has played in league1 and had good reports also in the championship? so its not a question to me of can he do it fer 90mins? Sean Mc certainly can't.
Old 02-04-2016, 17:46   #15
Senior Member+

Really enjoyed seeing some of the old legends...... Which was probably the highlight of my day until our equaliser....... As others have said, it was a great finish by Fosu, who seemed to grow into the game the more it went on.

Thought we where lucky to get a point really, they played us off the park in the first 45 in particular. Yes they scored a lucky goal but for me where the better team for 60+ minutes.

I can't comment too much on the overall team as it was only my 4th game of the season, however we looked a little tired to me? Kee and Windass looked knackered after an hour, and Piero never recovered after that big knock in the corner in the first half, which to me proved a big turning point.

Can't add much else really..... How Mcconville continues to start is beyond me.... SURELY he needs a rest next week, recharge his batteries.

We go again next Saturday.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..