Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By smobile
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 1 Post By st06nc2
  • 3 Post By baldy
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 2 Post By MikeA
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2016, 11:39   #1
I am Banned

Cards

New rules coming in force for next year
Offences which could earn players a yellow card

Visibly disrespectful behaviour to any match official;
An aggressive response to decisions;
Confronting an official face to face;
Running towards an official to contest a decision;
Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials;
Physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner;
A yellow card for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official.

New red card offences

If a player confronts match officials and uses offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them;
Physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2016, 11:53   #2

Re: Cards

I would have thought that these offences are already in force, problem is that they are very rarely enforced by the clowns who officiate the games.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 12:35   #3
God Member

Agree with Smobile, but why is "Physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner" and offence?
Yellow cards for accidentally bumping into the linesman or shaking hands with the ref?
Another season of baffling decisions and inconsistent referees to look forward to.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 12:50   #4
I am Banned

Yellow card if 2 or more players surround ref, they're turning the beautiful game into a flippin joke
Old 20-07-2016, 12:53   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Yellow card if 2 or more players surround ref, they're turning the beautiful game into a flippin joke
Just don't surround the ref and accept his decision then?

Rugby don't have this problem, Just accept it and get on with it!
cashman, smobile and monkey hanger like this.
Old 20-07-2016, 14:24   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The fact they think the situation has got out of hand, with the rules that already apply, to me demonstrates how incompetent our officials are these days
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 20-07-2016, 17:33   #7
God Member

I also have no problem with trying to stamp out the adolescent histrionics, such as players surrounding the ref. Don't see why football couldn't easily enforce the culture of rugby in that only the captain is allowed to speak to the ref, and then in a civilised manner. Might produce a few tantrums from some players, managers, and fans for a season, but it'd be worth it.
But "non-aggressive physical contact" being a yellow card offence is what puzzles me.
Old 20-07-2016, 17:49   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I also have no problem with trying to stamp out the adolescent histrionics, such as players surrounding the ref. Don't see why football couldn't easily enforce the culture of rugby in that only the captain is allowed to speak to the ref, and then in a civilised manner. Might produce a few tantrums from some players, managers, and fans for a season, but it'd be worth it.
But "non-aggressive physical contact" being a yellow card offence is what puzzles me.
Non aggressive physical contact? Does this mean they'll get booked for hugging when they score
Old 20-07-2016, 19:01   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Non aggressive physical contact? Does this mean they'll get booked for hugging when they score
To be fair, players don't usually hug a match official when they score! Although a statement that shaking hands after the match is acceptable would clarify matters somewhat.

Last edited by MikeA; 20-07-2016 at 19:03.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 08:22   #10
God Member

non aggressive physical contact what the hell is that. any physical contact can be classed as an assault. after the european championships that were well refereed and only a minimal number of cards issued until the final i thought we had reached a period of sensible refereeing only to read this which will knock the game back even more. we all know what will happen with not a lot in the premier league but teams like stanley will have to play under the strict letter of the law. my maes simpson and eltringham will be rubbing their pens in excitement. managers, players and fans get wound up by incidents and if you don,t then football is probebly not the sport for you.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 09:26   #11
God Member

Having thought about it, it can only mean that no-one is allowed to touch, in any way at all, any match official, at any time.
Probably as relevant to the managers, coaches and substitutes on the side line, as putting a hand on the fourth official's arm to catch his/her attention to something will be an offence.
I think it would help if the FA and EFL explained that one rule in a bit more detail. Just what type of "non-aggressive physical contact" with officials is it trying to stop?
Having spent decades telling ref's to be 'friends' to players, joining in their banter and having a laugh (with dubious results as regards some players' behaviour and attitude) the FA are now implying you could be yellow carded for patting the ref on the back for having a good game (a rare event in League 2, admittedly).
Old 29-07-2016, 08:21   #12
God Member

went to a referees sociaty meeting last night that was organised by the west riding fa to explain the changes in the laws for the forthcoming season. i would advise all fans to read up on these before the season starts on the fa website to save yourselves from blood pressure problems. the main bone of contention is the sending off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity or DOGSO as they call it. an offence outside the penalty area will result in a red card but one inside is only a yellow unless it is a red card offence e.g handball, violent conduct etc. next is the free kick for offside will not be given where the player was off side but where he begins to be active. say our forward is off side but runs back in his own half and tackles an opponent just outside the penalty area then an indirect free kick is taken from where the tackle is made. there are others as well and it could be an interesting start to the season. thank god kettle has run out of steam.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..