Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2006, 08:03   #46
God Member

Re: Cart on Stanley - New Music Track

Its catching on now - the shouts yesterday were Cart On Stanley Cart on Stanley or Cart on you Reeeeeedddddddssss
Old 27-08-2006, 09:13   #47
Junior Member+

I thought the `Cart on Stanley` music track was brilliant. I lived in the days of `On Stanley On` and a new song for a new era is just the thing that is needed. How do we get a copy? I would like three copies- one for myself, one for my brother in Bulgaria, and one for my friend Christine in Canada ( a life long Stanley fan who is coming over for the home game on the 16th September).Please can you find out how much they are and where I can get them from..Freda Pickavance.
Freda Pickavance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 09:59   #48
God Member

my 3 year olds well avin` it!!!!!

CART ON!!!!...........................
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 11:48   #49
I am Banned

Oooppppsss i've been wrapped on the knuckles sorry didnt realise i was encouraging anything
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 11:51   #50
God Member

ill be honest and i dont like it, first time i heard it yesterday and it made me cringe, but others seem to like it so carry on playing it, but i wont be buying a copy
Old 27-08-2006, 11:54   #51
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Video is quite interesting from a male point of view.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 11:56   #52
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Video is quite interesting from a male point of view.
video oh aye what video is this? not a top shelfer i hope hehehehehee
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 13:22   #53

I thought that on-line "piracy" issues in regard to things like MP3s etc only applied if no consent for downloading has been given by the originator of the material who would after all be the holder of any possible copyright.

However if Celtic Cross decideded that they wanted Cart on Stanley freely available on the net then they would be perfectly entitled to do so and we would be entitled to download it without infringing on any other party.

There are after all a lot of sites where bands post music for free downloading hoping that they may reach the attention of those who will be able to further their careers.

Just a thought

If you spin the Windows Vista CD backwards you can hear satanic messages. Worse is if you spin it forward, it installs Vista on your computer.
No.9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 13:53   #54
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
video oh aye what video is this? not a top shelfer i hope hehehehehee
If I remember correctly it's three young ladies with not many clothes on a desert island who find a football and don't know what it is etc.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 14:03   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.9 Dream

However if Celtic Cross decideded that they wanted Cart on Stanley freely available on the net then they would be perfectly entitled to do so and we would be entitled to download it without infringing on any other party.
You are right, but they only made a clip available and not the whole song, but they could put it all up for free if they wanted, but as there hoping to bring a cd out with it on I think you'll find that unlikely and you will have to pay for it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 14:53   #56
God Member

anyway, video you say....mmmmmmmmmm the description of it sounds either must see viewing or a superb urban legend.... post a link for it immediately!!!!!!
Old 27-08-2006, 17:32   #57

Quote:
but they could put it all up for free if they wanted, but as there hoping to bring a cd out with it on I think you'll find that unlikely and you will have to pay for it

Well maybe the Ultra's should come up with their own Stanley song...do a home recording and post it for a free download...Im sure there is enough talent and savvy in there

If you spin the Windows Vista CD backwards you can hear satanic messages. Worse is if you spin it forward, it installs Vista on your computer.
No.9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 19:59   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.9 Dream
Well maybe the Ultra's should come up with their own Stanley song...do a home recording and post it for a free download...Im sure there is enough talent and savvy in there
I have a recording studio and have over 15yrs experience of recording/music/writing and playing..........I also offered too do somthing similar last season but no body was interested .

However if anyone is up for it let me know!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 20:08   #59
God Member

forget the track....what about this video??!!!.....
Old 07-09-2006, 04:13   #60

Hello

Firstly I`d like to say thanks to everyone who has been listening, and who have picked up on the Cart On Stanley Song.
When I found this forum and saw what everyone was saying I was like Amazed.
I wrote this song as one writer says A Bright New Song for a Bright new era of Stanley.
The aim was to give the stanley crowd a song of their own that when sung in unison would rival the kop who`s singing someone elses song anyway.
This song words and music would be original and personal to Stanley.
A lot of people write in not knowing what Cart On means and I`m surprised cos I`m a Ribble Valley Woollyback who`s only lived in Accrington for twenty years, but for 19.9 I`ve know the phrase.
The gentleman with the travelling workman has the origin correct but as for its meaning and context in the song its literally as its used in speech today i.e To Go Ahead, Give it a shot.
It can be used as an encouragement to someone down or as an applaud to someone doing well.
I`m sorry if it`s a bit too ey up for you kids out there but we`re Stanley from Lancashire we`ve got lancashire accents and you`re only wearing crap yankee baseball hats cos you cant get decent flat caps these days.
It also fits nicely with Eric`s Box Co.
It has intentionally comical connotations (whatever that spells) (Sorry for saying Exactly we couldn`t help it) other teams can`t deride us cos we`re prepaped to laugh at our selves, as any truly centred human being should. But the song also celebrates the long and eventful history of the club and also calls for unity in support of the glorious goal. It`s Stanley`s first season back in the league and anyone with their eyes open knows its gonna be tough to live with but if the crowd are united in belief and are raising their hearts and voices in support it`s the momentum that the team are going to need.

At the end of the day it`s an honest supporters song with no bull, everyword is true. Exactly (sorry again)

Anway what most people want is to get hold of this for themselves.
At the moment you can get just a sample clip from our website
Someone has posted a link to the clip already but ofishially here it is Again
http://www.celticcross.co.uk/news/stanley.htm
on this page you will find the middle third of the song and a complete lyric.
The 1st third and last third just have the same bits with the other verses sung over.
I kept it pretty simple so as many people as poss could pick it up quick.
You should be able to cobble it together if they keep playing it at half time.
In the near future we hope to release this on a CD hopefully featuring some other tracks currently under construction. These we hope to feature Stanley Chants past present and future over some nice beaty tunes. (If Ultras or Stanley Diehards have any ideas we would love to include them. Remember it`s a family CD (My 2 yr old daughter leaps around the room to Cart On and plays it repeatedly - Thats my girl !)

If everything gets the full approval and support of the club we will announce a release date and hopefully do a gig for U.
It would be nice if the whole Stanley crowd bought it in the first week as that would make it chart. Even if we never sold another copy we would have infected the nation with "Cart On Stanley, Cart ON"
Maybe we`d even raise some funds from people buying it inTorquay (not forgetting my considerable slice as musical genius) No Charades its what I do for a livin. (Hours - Anti-social, Pay - Poor)
It`d be a laugh anyway.

If you wanna hear us playing live have a look at the live dates on out website, we`ve also got lots of other COMPLETE songs to download there, pictures and info if you want to book us.

OMG is that the time. I`ll look back here soon if there`s any more questions.
Keep the Faith
Luv
Z
Celtic Cross
www.celticcross.co.uk
Nothing to do with any shoddy green and white outfit from north of the border who cant even pronounce it right.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..