Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2007, 11:44   #61

Re: Cash bid for Conference striker

What's the boy ever done? We made a bid and your club rejected it. Get over it. If you don't think he'd even consider coming to a club like stanley then why do you say that our bid has unsettled him?

Maybe he's bored with your demise and admiring our LEAGUE status from a far
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2007, 11:52   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafferz View Post
13 years or so ago, we were playing at Wembley, while you were watching your kids play cricket in the back garden.
13 years ago? 50-odd years ago I was watching Stanley in front of 18,000 at our old ground, so what does the past have to do with anything?
Sorry about the job, though.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 11:55   #63

He may want to join you in the summer if he wants to be the conference's top scorer next year.

To quote Clayton when he was infromed that you were interested in signing him " Ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaaaaaaa, haaaaaaaaaaaa, No."

Last edited by Marb; 19-01-2007 at 12:01.
Marb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 12:00   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marb View Post
He may want to join you in the summer if he wants to the conference's top scorer next year.

To quote Clayton when he was infromed that you were interested in signing him " Ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaaaaaaa, haaaaaaaaaaaa, No."
If your reporting is as bad as your english, we'll take that with pinch of salt.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 12:56   #65
God Member

What I don't understand is why these York fans are making such a big deal out of it, we put a bid in - it wasn't accepted - end of. I don't think any Stanley fans will be losing sleep over it, maybe they just like coming on our forum cos we are now the league club they think they still are
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 13:25   #66

Thats exactly what I said Accymad. Totally agree. We'll go elsewhere,pay less and uncover another diamond like Coley always does.

Scoring aint a problem we're something like the 3rd top scorers in the league it's keeping them out the other end that we need to sort out.

What badge do your team have on their sleeves???? Oh that'll be a conference badge and Stanley players have Football League badges. Your a bunch of has beens get over it.

Old 19-01-2007, 14:32   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'd like to know how we're "self-deluding". 11 years ago we were within a minute of what is now the Championship.
Right. So since then you've been relegated twice while we've been promoted three times. And now you're a league below us, and not self-deluding ? And I thought the only way was up.

Last edited by Chimer; 19-01-2007 at 14:42.
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 14:58   #68

God, I miss the conference, with it's so-called "Big Clubs" who thought that the table was based on attendances and the size of the Clubs Ground

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 15:22   #69
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
God, I miss the conference, with it's so-called "Big Clubs" who thought that the table was based on attendances and the size of the Clubs Ground
Then you can swap with us now, if you like. It's only going to happen come the 28th April when we've beaten Oxford and you've been consigned to relagation by whoever you're playing.

Seriously, I think your poster who mentioned the defence is right. Whether the offer was serious or not, why bother for a striker when it's blatantly obvious it's the defence that needs strengthening? If that doesn't happen in the next two weeks, you're goner's.

Back to where you belong! Oooh, couldn't resist putting that one in. it was like one of Claytons crosses.
Rafferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 15:35   #70
God Member

Quote:

Back to where you belong! Oooh, couldn't resist putting that one in. it was like one of Claytons crosses.

wayward....?
Old 19-01-2007, 15:37   #71

Funny that you have to join our forum to convince yourself your club still have a purpose. Normally I'd say we'll do our talking on the pitch and beat your team but unfortunately as your not in the same league as us it isn't going to happen. Have York not got a forum so you can go and bore your own fans on there instead?

Cart On Stanley

Old 19-01-2007, 15:54   #72

Sorry members if I spoiled your fun with those Yorkies but I don't suffer fools gladly and they were getting on my nerves!
Old 19-01-2007, 17:36   #73

Quote:
Then you can swap with us now, if you like. It's only going to happen come the 28th April when we've beaten Oxford and you've been consigned to relagation by whoever you're playing.

Seriously, I think your poster who mentioned the defence is right. Whether the offer was serious or not, why bother for a striker when it's blatantly obvious it's the defence that needs strengthening? If that doesn't happen in the next two weeks, you're goner's.

We are where we belong. And to be quite honest, I am mystified as to why the Club would bid for Donaldson. He's just a big thug they throw up front to help their long ball game, he's an absolute donkey.

I am delighted you decided to keep your Ben Thatcher/Peter Crouch/Ade Akinbiyi hybrid, cos he never impressed me one bit.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 18:56   #74
Senior Member+

He's also a blatant diver, at least Gary was subtle...
Old 20-01-2007, 06:52   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
What can a chocolate man do with himself?
Don't stand next to the fire.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..