Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2006, 03:09   #1
Junior Member+

Clinched it

coming from a Town fan, I have to say that I think you have clinched the title now!

Well done, you have proven to the conference that you are infact the best (even though you should be 2 points down and us 4 points up ).

Hopefully we will be joining you next year in League 2
Shay HTFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2006, 10:22   #2

Re: Clinched it

Thanks Shay HTFC, I honestly think that you are the best team that we have played so far this season. I wish you all the best for the remainder, and hope you do get promoted with us. There would be some real local derbies, to play wouldn't there.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 11:48   #3

Smile Re: Clinched it

I'm brand new to the site but I've been following Stanley's fortunes ever since they got out of the Unibond.

I'm a Rovers fan but I would say Stanley are my 'second' team and it does my heart good to see them doing so well.

You seem to have had a few goes at getting back into the league but it really looks like this could be it this time.

Congratulations on beating Exeter last night. Hope to see you back in the league where you belong next season.

GOOD LUCK!
Finch_brfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 11:56   #4
God Member

Cheers Finch - seeing as how Stanley are your second team and I think blackburn are away this weekend why don't you come along on Saturday and see the magic for yourself - the more the merrier
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 12:06   #5

Unfortunately I live down south so I don't get to go to as many Rovers home games as I'd like.

I did go to a match at the interlink once 2 years ago on one of my trips home. You were playing some southern team and beat them 4-2. Three goals in the first 8 mins, a sending off and a bust up on the touch line - great value for money by my way of thinking

Hugely enjoyable atmosphere too - you can sit wherever the hell you like and get a brew during the match without missing anything. Also it doesn't take forever to get home after the match! If I'm home one weekend when Rovers are away I'll certainly pay another visit.
Old 31-01-2006, 12:10   #6
God Member

Ah right - I think the match you were at was Aldershot, brilliant game with one or two tempers fraying.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 12:33   #7
Senior Member+

yeh aldershot at home that game!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 12:36   #8

Congrats on beating us last night.

You were the better team last night and showed us why you are top of the league.

Though i'm not down hearted as it looks like we will finally get a chance of finishing in the top 5!!!

Come on you Mighty Grecians

Simonbb
SimonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 13:45   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
Ah right - I think the match you were at was Aldershot, brilliant game with one or two tempers fraying.
Aye! that was it! Aldershot.

(December 13th 2003)
Old 31-01-2006, 17:07   #10

Always seem to have eventful games against the Shots

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 17:19   #11

hello finch brfc just wonderd where down south you are bassed as im in maidstone kent and get to nearly all games in the south so if your anywhere nearby and want to get to a game send me a pm
Old 01-02-2006, 13:56   #12
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen
Thanks Shay HTFC, I honestly think that you are the best team that we have played so far this season. I wish you all the best for the remainder, and hope you do get promoted with us. There would be some real local derbies, to play wouldn't there.
Hope so!

Would love to play some real derbies again. Get to leave the rot like York behind too

Rochdale, Bury, Accy, Macclesfield etc.

(providing they don;t come down!)

Wish Hudds and Bradford were in League 2 too
Shay HTFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 19:09   #13
God Member

.... dont forget Blackpool are possibly on the way down (then Rory can get booed four times a season, lol)
Old 01-02-2006, 21:12   #14
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Clinched it

sorry this post is a bit late,but,well done the accy boys on the great result on monday.it was much appreciated at home park last night!
good luck for the future,and maybe we can welcome you to the good bit of devon someday.
stives68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:24   #15
God Member

In the true spirit of doom and gloom I have to say

This is our third season on the conference and we finished top ten the last two seasons and we can call them a sussess yes? Well I do...

Quick look at the fixture lists
Last season last 11 games we only won 4 games
Season before last 11 games we only won 2 games

lets not count our chickens eh..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..