Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 19:37   #181
God Member

Exclamation Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

BBC Sport - Football - Lincoln City chairman Bob Dorrian eyes experienced boss

Talking of being prepared to pay compensation, if they need to Chance would be a fine thing

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2010, 19:49   #182
God Member

Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

The silence is deafing not only on Oneil side but also on the 100% transparant side as well

Stuff your bickering DON / Ilyass / who ever "owns" our club!!! and give the real men at the club the reward they deserve
Old 05-10-2010, 20:12   #183

Latest betting on the new Lincoln Manager at 8pm tonight

John Coleman 7/2
Steve Tilson 7/2
Mark Proctor 6/1
Paul Hurst/Rob Scott 7/1
Dave Penney 7/1
Steve Thompson/M*ick Harford 9/1
Justin Edinburgh 9/1
Gareth Ainsworth 10/1

Coley's odds getting shorter by the hour.
Short list drawn up on Thursday.
Will he or won't he? Let's not wait to find out.
OFFER HIM A NEW CONTRACT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 20:32   #184

I would say a bigger worry would be Bradford city. Thy've lost again tonight. If Taylor gets the push there i could see them looking at JC and if he thinks Lincoln's fanbase is "massive" what does that make Bradfords?
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 20:45   #185
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
The silence is deafing not only on Oneil side but also on the 100% transparant side as well

Stuff your bickering DON / Ilyass / who ever "owns" our club!!! and give the real men at the club the reward they deserve
Well said John . I will add my name to the list .

Dave Blackledge .

This needs to be signed NOW get it done Stanley !!!
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 21:14   #186
Full Member+

Just to add another perspective to this arguement.....

IF Coley and Bell end up walking away to another club, do the powers that be, expect to get somebody else in to work without a recognised contract, with little or no money and do such a sterling job???

Or is there no shortage of would be managers who would work under such conditions ??? Personally I doubt it

SORT OUT THEIR CONTRACTS NOW!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 21:32   #187
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
I would say a bigger worry would be Bradford city. Thy've lost again tonight. If Taylor gets the push there i could see them looking at JC and if he thinks Lincoln's fanbase is "massive" what does that make Bradfords?
Lincoln is potential

they have no other clubs in thier locality and could in theory develop into an established championship club.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 21:33   #188
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
BBC Sport - Football - Lincoln City chairman Bob Dorrian eyes experienced boss

Talking of being prepared to pay compensation, if they need to Chance would be a fine thing
But this is an interesting paragraph Joe .....

Dorrian added: "We'll draw up a shortlist on Thursday based on the applications we've received and also proactively, on the part of the board, look in terms of managers who may already be at other clubs

JC wouldn't actually apply for the job...or would he ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 21:36   #189
bdc

I am not too worried about JC and JB, I think they will stay as Lincoln is not a club that can offer them the opportunity of taking a club that nobody expects to stay up possibly into League 1. I think if JC took the job at Sincil Bank he would put himself in a similar position to Owen Coyle. In the fact that although they will have better facilities, higher budgets to utilise etc, they will just end up in a slipstream of mediocrity.

Everyone would expect JC to keep Lincoln in League 2 and nothing else would really happen. If he stays at Accrington what has he actually got to lose, he has already enhanced his reputation now to the point where he has been linked with Hereford, Bradford and Lincoln in the past 4 months. This season he has a real chance of gaining promotion with Accrington and even if he doesn't it will only boost his managerial reputation. Staying at Accrington will keep his name in the fold for plenty more jobs probably at a higher level, there would a lack of this going to Lincoln as expecations are 22nd place and not much else. Doing this would not raise his profile, a la Owen Coyle.

I hope he sees the bigger picture and stays with Stanley, yes the backroom team at the club needs to be improved massively but with Ilyas involved then this will change.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 21:36   #190
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
But this is an interesting paragraph Joe .....

Dorrian added: "We'll draw up a shortlist on Thursday based on the applications we've received and also proactively, on the part of the board, look in terms of managers who may already be at other clubs

JC wouldn't actually apply for the job...or would he ??.
That is summat i would doubt. but can i ask are lincoln allowed to approach them, with em having no contract?
Old 05-10-2010, 21:46   #191
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Lincoln is potential

they have no other clubs in thier locality and could in theory develop into an established championship club.
Agree Davo, ya may even be underselling lincoln, i can remember Wimbledon coming from non league to the Top Flight n remaining yon fer many years.
Old 05-10-2010, 21:57   #192
Senior Member+

Wouldnt just be like apporaching a player with no contract, also if they do go, who takes over us as caretaker? Eric

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 22:38   #193
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Wouldnt just be like apporaching a player with no contract, also if they do go, who takes over us as caretaker? Eric
What concerns me MCR is if they do go, who will end up goin wi em, ya can bet they will take our best.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:23   #194
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What concerns me MCR is if they do go, who will end up goin wi em, ya can bet they will take our best.
Radio Lancs this morning( Wed!) reports...Ilyas Khan is very hopeful that John Coleman will remain as Manager at Accrington Stanley...hope that this is proved to be a statement of fact rather than a prediction !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:33   #195
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Radio Lancs this morning( Wed!) reports...Ilyas Khan is very hopeful that John Coleman will remain as Manager at Accrington Stanley...hope that this is proved to be a statement of fact rather than a prediction !.
A ray of light perchance, Mr Y? Could our Ilyas save the day yet?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..