Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 11:07   #46
Resting In Peace

Re: Coley to quit over Cisak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I don't that Rob being away would impact on anything regarding the players or local communication. Regardless of the past; Rob as undertaken a major feat in the name of what is a very remarkable organisation and as done so in the name of Accrington Stanley and the Football League. I think he and those who worked to organise the event deserve better than negative comments about his being away. The whole Club should be behind this guy and the cause he's worked so hard for; at the end of the day he's very much done this to heighten the name of the club at large and should have our respect for that.
I think we are all behind him and the cause he is working for and I think he does have our respect, but it is the timing of the event. Who is running the Club in his absence ? Who is chasing sponsors for the ground ? Who is chasing sponsors for next season's games ? Who is negotiating with Oldham, Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury reagarding compensation ? All these things need to be done professionally. Do we have another professional based at the Club who can handle these things or are they just being left until Rob returns ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2011, 11:22   #47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
However, is there any news on the players that agreed to sign and those that would allegedly do it in the "next few days", i.e. McConville & Barnett?
The rumour down here is that Stockport are after McConville.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:41   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Can't honestly see Sean dropping to the conference, & to a club who have had similar financial difficulties as ourselves - also Stockport have just appointed an ex-red as manager & Sean is definately a blue - but stranger things have happened
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:56   #49
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I think we are all behind him and the cause he is working for and I think he does have our respect, but it is the timing of the event. Who is running the Club in his absence ? Who is chasing sponsors for the ground ? Who is chasing sponsors for next season's games ? Who is negotiating with Oldham, Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury reagarding compensation ? All these things need to be done professionally. Do we have another professional based at the Club who can handle these things or are they just being left until Rob returns ?
Come on Jeff; I'm sure that the club doesn’t stands on Rob's shoulders alone, if it did the guy would be walking about in a straight jacket. Surly provision would have been made for the absence; which is only a short period after all. I can't see Rob being the sole party to be making decisions and agreements at Stanley; I think the club is very, very much top down outside of the day to day graft.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:07   #50
God Member

Just remember it is club secretary that deals with all the signings/rubberstamping, so I am sure that Coley/player or agent agrees the deal, paperwork prepared and overseen by Hannah. I am sure Coley will have had his remit he can work with so it prob wouldn't need ok'ing by anyone else but if it does I am sure Ilyas is contactable

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:15   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I don't that Rob being away would impact on anything regarding the players or local communication. Regardless of the past; Rob as undertaken a major feat in the name of what is a very remarkable organisation and as done so in the name of Accrington Stanley and the Football League. I think he and those who worked to organise the event deserve better than negative comments about his being away. The whole Club should be behind this guy and the cause he's worked so hard for; at the end of the day he's very much done this to heighten the name of the club at large and should have our respect for that.
bull don't see this at all, it aint negative to question priorities,when fans are in the dark.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:20   #52
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
bull don't see this at all, it aint negative to question priorities,when fans are in the dark.
Just one opinion cashy; anyway, we should be use to it. We've always been in the dark and it's no different today than it was last season or the two before that and on.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 06-07-2011, 12:36   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Just one opinion cashy; anyway, we should be use to it. We've always been in the dark and it's no different today than it was last season or the two before that and on.
True, but i was hoping fer better now, perhaps stupidity is setting in wi me.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:43   #54
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
True, but i was hoping fer better now, perhaps stupidity is setting in wi me.
I don't think so cashy; we all agree that fans/supporters are the life blood of any club, but at the end of the day we are also a means to an end and in that respect; transparency and openness only extends to what we need to know; not what we want to know. Just a point of view.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 06-07-2011, 12:50   #55
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Just remember it is club secretary that deals with all the signings/rubberstamping, so I am sure that Coley/player or agent agrees the deal, paperwork prepared and overseen by Hannah. I am sure Coley will have had his remit he can work with so it prob wouldn't need ok'ing by anyone else but if it does I am sure Ilyas is contactable
According to the returns sent to Companies House, Secretary Hannah Bailey's appointment was terminated on 6th January 2010
Old 06-07-2011, 13:04   #56
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Stockport are reported to have had a £100,000 bid for Bury striker Ryan Lowe rejected, and have also had an offer for Accrington's Sean McConville rejected following yesterday's cash injection.
Old 06-07-2011, 13:28   #57
God Member

if the offer is anywhere near 100k then grab it and turn the lights off before they come back!
Old 06-07-2011, 13:37   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
if the offer is anywhere near 100k then grab it and turn the lights off before they come back!
nice one.
Old 06-07-2011, 14:06   #59
God Member

Says compensation package agreed for Cisak so somebody is making decisions somewhere
Old 06-07-2011, 14:28   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Says compensation package agreed for Cisak so somebody is making decisions somewhere
That answers a question then,simple as. sad to see a good keeper go, but happy they got dosh fer one who cost nowt.

Last edited by cashman; 06-07-2011 at 14:30.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..