Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 14:47   #1

Smile Terry Gornell - Joined Shrewsbury

On our website now - Shrewsbury Town | News | Latest | Latest | Terry Gornell How do you lot reckon he will do for us? Thanks
shrewsburyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-07-2011, 14:55   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Terry Gornell - Joined Shrewsbury

Not bad. But not as well as Jimmy Ryan did for us!
Old 04-07-2011, 14:56   #3
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewsburyfan View Post
On our website now - Shrewsbury Town | News | Latest | Latest | Terry Gornell How do you lot reckon he will do for us? Thanks
Crap, like he did for us in the latter half of the season, and crap like he did for Tranmere. Tranmere fans were glad to get rid of him. Anyway we will get a fee for him so, thanks for that.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 15:12   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

100% trier but overrated is my opinion. though a few here may disagree.
Old 04-07-2011, 15:18   #5
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
100% trier but overrated is my opinion. though a few here may disagree.
Totally agree. Overrated by many Stanley fans. The second half of the season he couldn't control the ball and he couldn't beat a man, as you say 100% trier but not good enough. Time will tell, but with his goal scoring record (which doesn't show the true Gornell) Stanley must be looking for around £500,000 for him. Shrewsbury may just get stung by the tribunal.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 15:39   #6
Senior Member+

Mr Cashman,very harsh again !!!!,the only thing i disagree with is the disrespect a lot of the departed players have shown the manager,who took a chance on them to showcase there talents.
I know for a fact two more players were lined up by shrewabury and stevenage alike,but would never leave without the gaffers blessing,
--- no names---- ,but some players should show a bit more respect.money is not the end of the world
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 15:41   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Totally agree. Overrated by many Stanley fans. The second half of the season he couldn't control the ball and he couldn't beat a man, as you say 100% trier but not good enough. Time will tell, but with his goal scoring record (which doesn't show the true Gornell) Stanley must be looking for around £500,000 for him. Shrewsbury may just get stung by the tribunal.
yep i think they may get stung, the fact were getting a fee fer him n got sod all fer symes is ironic.
Old 04-07-2011, 15:49   #8
Senior Member+

Going back to Gornell,hes hardworking,strong and physical,average in the air,but is better when his backs to goal.
He will never be a prolific scorer,as technically he snatches at the ball.
Saying that,again,hes only young,and i have no doubts he knows his own strengths and weaknesss,so a lot of work on the training ground is still required
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 15:53   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i should imagine Tranmere had a fair idea also.
Old 04-07-2011, 17:16   #10
God Member

Not mithered about losing him really. Not half the player Symes was. Didn't create enough chances for other players for a player that played with his back to goal.
Nor did he convert a great percentage of the chances he got. He had some great games leading the line but they were few in number and a thing of the past come January. Have a feeling we'll sign a much better forward this summer. Not bothered about facing him next season; glad to get a fee. Best of luck to him though, seemed a decent lad.

Posted via Mobile Device
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 17:56   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
money is not the end of the world
It may not be the end of the world but it could be quite important if you don't know when or if you will be paid. Or if you read that the bailiffs are coming to remove your employer's furniture, lighting and other assets.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 19:48   #12
Senior Member+

A fair few harsh comments on Terry imo.

Yes he wasnt a natural goalscorer and did miss a few chances, but for me there is no doubt his play up front on his own ALL season contributed massively to our success. You could tell he was knackered by March/ April time and looking back Coley probably should have used Boulding or Razor more to help him but he obviously didnt rate the alternatives.

Dont get me wrong I think Symes was a better player but I wish Terry all the best and thanks for a great season.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 19:50   #13
Full Member+

A bit like prostitution to me. Tout yourself around to whoever's interested, then sell your body to the highest bidder. I say good riddance - and don't wish him well. Compare his attitude to that of Danny Coid - I know who I'd rather have!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 20:04   #14
Senior Member+

he is a good player by league 2 standards.
IMO, he needs a partner to play off and we didnt play that formation for him.
He has potential to develop and go up another level or two.

A good signings by the Shrews, ignore most of the idiots on here, they always have ago at players when they leave.

The Shrews are making some good young signings this summer.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 20:14   #15
Senior Member+

Cant understand the Shrews atm. They had Matty Harold up front who is ALWAYS a threat. Was against us , especially in the air! Good goalscorer and intimidating striker! YET the shrews got rid of him and get Terry in?

Terrys a good league 2 player, not a good goalscorer though id say! You need a fox in the box in this league aka Lowe.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..