Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2016, 10:16   #1
Senior Member+

Corporate dining

Has anyone dined at the ground recently ? I was told yesterday by the club that the pre-match meal now consist of pie and peas served at the table by waiters/waitresses. This sounds expensive for the money being asked.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2016, 11:40   #2

Re: Corporate dining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Has anyone dined at the ground recently ? I was told yesterday by the club that the pre-match meal now consist of pie and peas served at the table by waiters/waitresses. This sounds expensive for the money being asked.
It was a buffet at the Crawley game which was not too bad. Don't forget that you also get a free programme. And the seats are beside the away dugout so you might struggle to see the coppice goal for the manager and subs
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2016, 15:30   #3
Senior Member+

Bob !

Revived Red invited us to join him for lunch in Corporate Dining prior to the Bristol Rovers game? .RR who had made his usual long trip from Western climes was suffering from an alimentary upset and declined most of the fare on offer due to this !..hope he's recovered by now !.
Valairian joined us and tucked in with great relish, One of the Bristol Directors on the next table seemed to have a look of distaste on his face as he surveyed what he had piled on his plate, and merely toyed with his food, but made up for any disappointment with several glasses of ? complimentary Red Wine !
When arriving at the Cheese and Biscuit stage, the Cheese was prepacked into fingers and appeared to present a challenge to all those attempting to open them, several diners in spite of hacking at them with knives and tearing at the plastic with their teeth seemed to give up on the task and we're content with nibbling their cream crackers !.
However, these are but observations which being nosey I always take on board, and it would be churlish of me not to mention how much I enjoyed the company of Revived Red and his companion.
As for my impressions of the Buffet ?.....
Billy Casper and Revived Red like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2016, 18:27   #4

And as for the toilets - just don't. It's the ones used by the whole stand.
Old 25-02-2016, 21:13   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Bob !

Revived Red invited us to join him for lunch in Corporate Dining prior to the Bristol Rovers game? .RR who had made his usual long trip from Western climes was suffering from an alimentary upset and declined most of the fare on offer due to this !..hope he's recovered by now !.
Valairian joined us and tucked in with great relish, One of the Bristol Directors on the next table seemed to have a look of distaste on his face as he surveyed what he had piled on his plate, and merely toyed with his food, but made up for any disappointment with several glasses of ? complimentary Red Wine !
When arriving at the Cheese and Biscuit stage, the Cheese was prepacked into fingers and appeared to present a challenge to all those attempting to open them, several diners in spite of hacking at them with knives and tearing at the plastic with their teeth seemed to give up on the task and we're content with nibbling their cream crackers !.
However, these are but observations which being nosey I always take on board, and it would be churlish of me not to mention how much I enjoyed the company of Revived Red and his companion.
As for my impressions of the Buffet ?.....
Thanks, yonmon. A good summary of the event. Delighted that you enjoyed it. And to reassure you - all alimentary functions are back to normal. My Bristol friend was less than happy with his club's directors. He thought they were a sullen lot, but was very appreciative of the conversations with you (and Julian), Valairian, Peter Marsden and others. He could not believe how friendly everyone was.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2016, 13:41   #6
Senior Member+

My real disappointment was with the total absence of Vol -au - Vents on the Buffet ..not to mention a plate of smoked salmon !.
At the last buffet I attended the waiter and his assistant kept tapping me on the shoulder as they walked by. Which made me think that on these occasions it's those little touches that make all the difference !.
Perhaps it was in missing these that the Directors of Bristol Rovers were wearing their frowns and assorted grimaces ?.
As to the Buffet Bob .......?

And, as was previously mentioned, and as I have been known to mention in other threads,
a visit to the ' not - so - Super Loo ' in the Main Stand is a must to avoid !...although what's the alternative ?.
Old 27-02-2016, 21:18   #7
Senior Member+

No lobster?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 13:22   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
No lobster?
No! But crab sticks from Aldi!
DAV007 likes this.
Old 28-02-2016, 13:43   #9
Senior Member+

I would like to hear what was on the menu - was it 3 courses ? Was it quality?
Old 28-02-2016, 21:33   #10
Senior Member+

do we have enough interest to get an accyweb table for the stevenage game?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 16:59   #11
Senior Member+

I am still struggling to find out what is on offer - soup course ? pie & peas course ? sweet course ? coffee?
Old 01-03-2016, 18:37   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I am still struggling to find out what is on offer - soup course ? pie & peas course ? sweet course ? coffee?
We had tomato soup as part of the buffet as well as the normal fare on offer as a buffet and pieces of cake with tea or coffee. It was all help yourself. Any drinks had to be paid for at the bar.

Other than the alcohol it was just like what you get when attending work event and courses.

Di it in the past and it was three course cooked at the Crown I think but still no drink.
Old 01-03-2016, 18:46   #13
God Member

Individual Sponsors Lounge tickets
£45 plus vat

The Choice of Three Homemade Traditional pies, served with peas, gravy and red Cabbage.
Watch from inside the lounge or from reserved seats on the half way line
Match day programmes and team sheets
Programme, web and social media mentions
Mentions before and after the match, and at half time on the PA system
Personal host and match day compere for the day
Large screen television showing all the scores from around the country
One parking space
Waiter service throughout your day
Pre-order your half time drinks to be ready and waiting on your table
Old 01-03-2016, 18:47   #14
Senior Member+

Bob !.without being flippant for once....

There was Tomato Soup ....serve yourself from an insulated tub .

Then a wide choice of cold buffet items...Chicken Drumsticks, Sausage Rolls, Sliced Meats, Bread, Rolls, and assorted salads. etc,etc.

Didn't notice any Desserts, but as I noted before there was a selection of vacuum packed cheese sticks and cracker biscuits.

The presentation was not the best I have seen, but lack of space perhaps dictated the lay out.

I suggest that you give it a whirl and judge for yourself..I am not easy to please where having food provided for me is concerned, in fact there are those who say I am a bit picky !.

If you do I really hope that you enjoy the experience.

Regards...A.
Old 01-03-2016, 18:52   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Bob !.without being flippant for once....

There was Tomato Soup ....serve yourself from an insulated tub .

Then a wide choice of cold buffet items...Chicken Drumsticks, Sausage Rolls, Sliced Meats, Bread, Rolls, and assorted salads. etc,etc.

Didn't notice any Desserts, but as I noted before there was a selection of vacuum packed cheese sticks and cracker biscuits.

The presentation was not the best I have seen, but lack of space perhaps dictated the lay out.

I suggest that you give it a whirl and judge for yourself..I am not easy to please where having food provided for me is concerned, in fact there are those who say I am a bit picky !.

If you do I really hope that you enjoy the experience.

Regards...A.
I posted fractionally before you, probably because I'm younger and my reflexes are quicker .

All change

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..