Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 14:35   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Daggers match thread

Half hr gone n 1 down!! Not really any chances for the reds,ni corners to us 2 for the daggers second best at the mo
Old 05-01-2013, 14:45   #2
mab
God Member

Re: Daggers match thread

Stanley sub podge off injured!! liddle on
Old 05-01-2013, 15:25   #3
mab
God Member

strange subs by stanley
Old 05-01-2013, 15:42   #4
Senior Member+

Wimbledon winning away now. Only 6 points clear of next to bottom Plymouth with a 3 goal worse goal difference.

Crowd only just broken the 1000.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 15:49   #5
Senior Member+

Wimbledon beating Coley at his place should say.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 16:29   #6
Senior Member+

sorry but this was the worst Stanley performance of the season, Beattie was like a broken sat-nav no sense or purpose, absolutely amazed that Leam never pulled him off
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 16:39   #7

I was not impressed with Stanley today, The daggers defence coped easily with our limited attacks. Liams statistics are not encouraging.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 16:41   #8
Resting in Peace

Awful. A terrible performance from our so-called front two. I think the Beattie experiment has failed. He just jogged through the game and his fitness evidently has not improved since joining us. Podge is becoming the nearly man, constantly just failing to connect properly with chances and to get on the end of any lumps up the field which seemed to be our only tactic in the first half. Positives were Dixon putting a lot of his colleagues to shame with his play as a sub, considering the level from which he has come, and Molyneux once again showing the way with a MOM performance, although there wasn't much opposition. Couldn't understand why Wilson was played at right back as he is so obviously left footed??
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 17:29   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
sorry but this was the worst Stanley performance of the season, Beattie was like a broken sat-nav no sense or purpose, absolutely amazed that Leam never pulled him off
You want to rephrase the last bit ?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 17:34   #10

Next 3 games

Aldershot Away
Wimbledon Home
Plymouth Away

Failure to get at least 4 points from these games and we really are in the crap.

I said it after the Wycombe game and I will say it again - Very, very worried

Last edited by smobile; 05-01-2013 at 17:35. Reason: typo
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 17:49   #11

Absolute disgrace today. Since snake left we have gone from a footballing side to a long ball pub team.

I've been surprised a few times at his team selection and substitutions but today was incredible.

Podge injured so you look at the bench and think Hatfield Gray and Mingoia, even Dixon could play that 2nd striker role so a straight swap no doubt - Not our gaffer, he changes 3 positions (Boco in place of Podge, Molyneux in place of Boco and Liddle in place of Molyneux), absolutely bizarre!

Then 2nd half when we're chasing the game, he's got 3 attacking players on the bench who have all scored goals this season, does he put any of them on? - not our gaffer, he puts on two centre midfielders who I can't remember having a shot all season, Clarke plays back and square more than Joyce and that's saying something. To be fair Dixon ran about and looked lively but never looked like scoring.

Wilson looked like a fish out of water from the first minute
Linfield has a great attitude but his final ball is awful
Beattie looks knackered from the first minute
Boco hardly had a kick once he went inside

The new management team, whoever that comprises of these days has turned us into a poor-mans Wimbledon circa 1985.

Last thing, if anyone listens to the interviews and thinks we were anything better than awful at any stage you're been told lies.

Rant over, lie down in a dark room called for
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 18:25   #12

I am always reluctant to say anything that could be deemed as criticism of the players but my word, we were dreadful today.

The Beattie experiment has not proved positive; no club will be coming in for him so it looks as though we are stuck with him for the time being.

Joyce has got to be dropped from the team for his own sake; he needs time to regain his game and take stock of his performance. He needs the captaincy removing from him so he can concentrate on his game.

Why was Wilson played there today; he patently belongs on the other side of the park.

Damn, I am depressed.
smobile likes this.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 19:05   #13
Full Member+

What a poor showing from a team that performed so admirably against Cookie's lot. New signing Wilson looked lost at rb and not match fit (Where was Hunt who played so well in last game ?). Beattie had no impact on game and on this evidence agree with others that the experiment should be terminated without further embarassment to both parties. Central defence looks better with Deano in there and toto on the sidelines but midfield looks totally lacking in ideas at the moment. Lindfield and Amond were totally ineffective and should not insult the laundry person by handing their kit in. Best of the worst on the day were Belford (no blame for goals), Winnard (couple of errors late on but otherwise steady), Molyneaux (forays down the left but sometimes wonder when rest of team will play ctach up), Boco (tried hard to get forwards going but was fighting a lone battle)
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 19:11   #14
Senior Member+

Whilst I can never accept the gesture when so-called 'fans' see fit to boo their team, I do sympathize with those who were obviously dissatisfied with the fare served up at the Crown this afternoon.
The Reds seem to have gone retrograde with tactics limited to launching high balls from Goalkeeper and defenders to Strikers unable to control them. let alone gain any advantage, and a midfield whose easily read tactics render them ineffective.
Whilst I won't name those indviduals whose performances were less than acceptable this afternoon and made winning this important game an impossibility, I would conclude from what I witnessed that a collection of relatively inexperienced young pros and loanees will seldom succeed in their task, and without an on-pitch leader will find it almost impossible !.
Leam certainly has a weighty problem to solve over the coming weeks if he is to find the players and apply the tactics needed to reverse the current situation and get the points required for 'safety'....I wish him well, and would ask 'the boo boys' to shut up and keep the faith !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 19:53   #15

Sorry boy,s that performance wer,nt fit to grace the Conference, give the armband back to Deano if he don,t end up over the border in Rochdale, get an easy jet one way ticket back to Ireland for podge or drop him back a bit and get somebody with pace up front, Bocco is going to get peed off and go to play for the snake and as for the rest either wear our clubs shirt with pride and passion or ship out.
This has been the worst of times I can remember in all my time watching stanley and I certainly ain,t ever heard booing from around the ground at the end of a game, sadly all I can see is relegation looming yep we have been kicking above our weight since 2006 and it,s been good while it lasted but IMHO the roller coaster ride is over.
Leam I,m sure is at his witsend with this lot and needs an experienced second in command to help him but the way things are heading we will be lucky to get anybody on in two weeks for free never mind for a fiver.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..