Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2017, 19:21   #16

Re: Everton Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Don't believe a word! This man is a Coley imposter trying to make you stay away from the Wham.
Both teams were superb today!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2017, 19:24   #17
Senior Member+

Matty Foulds and Josh Bowler (6 and 7) were brilliant for Everton. Future stars without a doubt.
Our trialist 9 is Kayden Jackson of Barnsley. He was on loan for a spell with Grimsby last season. He'll get an offer and sign.
Don't think the Maltese lad is good enough.
We need a keeper and a centre forward. I don't think the game is up yet on a Rodak return. Come on Jeff give us another season.
AccyMad and Chrisr like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 19:40   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Matty Foulds and Josh Bowler (6 and 7) were brilliant for Everton. Future stars without a doubt.
Our trialist 9 is Kayden Jackson of Barnsley. He was on loan for a spell with Grimsby last season. He'll get an offer and sign.
Don't think the Maltese lad is good enough.
We need a keeper and a centre forward. I don't think the game is up yet on a Rodak return. Come on Jeff give us another season.
Ryan is more than good enough if given the chance to shine, we was up against a prem reserve team, he could easily become a star against league 2 teams
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 20:08   #19
I am Banned

Kayden Jackson is a confidence player but rather than have him on the wing he looks better up front with a experienced​ strike partner alongside.
Old 15-07-2017, 20:38   #20
Senior Member+

Can't see it. Doubt he'll get an offer - the midfielder that is.
Kayden should have buried his chance but I think he showed enough.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 15-07-2017 at 20:40.
Old 15-07-2017, 20:42   #21
Senior Member+

Did you go today ? Think the answer is no. Appreciate he only got 20 but nothing shone for me.
Old 15-07-2017, 20:47   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Did you go today ? Think the answer is no. Appreciate he only got 20 but nothing shone for me.
He's 23 and what I've seen of him he looks strong and very crooks like, like Sousa he needs time to show what he's capable of, which by viewing the text commentary of today's game, Sousa really put himself about
Old 15-07-2017, 21:02   #23
Senior Member+

Sousa made one decent run ...... if that's enough.
Turn up and watch don't read tweets.
AccyMad, KiTChener and cashman like this.
Old 16-07-2017, 06:45   #24
God Member

This what football is all about - two agents arguing with one another? YAWN
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 08:42   #25
Senior Member+

No this is what football is about - differences of opinion about players. Agent is irrelevant. Have you got an opinion or do you consider that makes yourself boring ?
Old 16-07-2017, 10:56   #26
Full Member+

I was there and have commented earlier. However I am still a Donacien fan, I do think he needs to be playing much further up. He can put balls in to the strikers with pin point accuracy at pace, Yet he is playing as a wing back defender. I think Coley needs to have a good think about playing to strengths. The big player on trial was not quite the finished article he drifted out to the wing where he should have stayed centre. He was a good target man but his final finish is rusty. More games will see a massive improvement. Billy needs someone to run off him as he does not have the pace at this time. There is a lot to be confident about this season, we do need a couple of additions like a keeper and a striker. Our Captain was quiet yesterday maybe we need a talker. I am not enthused by the segregation nonsense in the last two games. A complete waste of time. I hope we can sort this out before the Preston Game. I am happy to say we don't have a violence problem at Stanley and we don't want one.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:15   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
For al those c.b.b.'s (ha ha!) who chose not to attend todays game, you missed a 6 goal festival of football.
Everton's young bloods showed their premiership class & some of the silky smooth skill on display was a joy to watch.
It's certain that some Everton stars of the future were on display, particularly their young no.7 who's skill with the ball was sublime - he also scored a goal!
But this was no one-sided game. Stanley put on a far better display than that on Wednesday against Huddersfield.
It was confident, assured & effective. Some of the one-touch passing in the first half would have had Arsene Wenger smiling.
Glad to see we've signed 'Big Ben' Richards-Everton, who was again a formidable presence at the back.
I thought all of the trialist's on show were excellent & new boy Nolan was outstanding in midfield, always demanding the ball & making decisive passes.
Coley will certainly have a dilemma deciding who to play in future games as on today's display, we witnessed the genesis of a new, exciting & skilful Stanley.
Get your bets on now for promotion!

Last time I went for Stanley Reserves V Everton in the league, Everton didn't turn up as they said they could not get a side together. So never going again v them.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:29   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I was there and have commented earlier. However I am still a Donacien fan, I do think he needs to be playing much further up. He can put balls in to the strikers with pin point accuracy at pace, Yet he is playing as a wing back defender. I think Coley needs to have a good think about playing to strengths. The big player on trial was not quite the finished article he drifted out to the wing where he should have stayed centre. He was a good target man but his final finish is rusty. More games will see a massive improvement. Billy needs someone to run off him as he does not have the pace at this time. There is a lot to be confident about this season, we do need a couple of additions like a keeper and a striker. Our Captain was quiet yesterday maybe we need a talker. I am not enthused by the segregation nonsense in the last two games. A complete waste of time. I hope we can sort this out before the Preston Game. I am happy to say we don't have a violence problem at Stanley and we don't want one.
Chris; not really sure what your "issue" is and can confirm the PSF stand allocations with be the same for the PNE and Oldham games. We have made the current decisions to give as many supporters the best day out we can give them; which also conforming to the Safety Certificate. Yesterday prime example; wet afternoon yet all those who watched the game including the Everton fans were dry and watched a decent game of football.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 13:44   #29
I am Banned

Quote:
No this is what football is about - differences of opinion about players. Agent is irrelevant. Have you got an opinion or do you consider that makes yourself boring ?
For once I agree with 28, we are in a democracy not a dictatorship
Old 16-07-2017, 14:06   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
For once I agree with 28, we are in a democracy not a dictatorship
Pathetic.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..