Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Reamer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2015, 10:50   #1
God Member

Goalkeeper situation.

JC says it is ongoing in the search for a goalie lets hope so we need a permanent goalie to stop the farcical scenario of 10 + keepers a season anybody any ideas on who JC may bring in.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2015, 10:51   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Goalkeeper situation.

possibly a scouser. hope we can get Chapman back really.
andyd likes this.
Old 19-06-2015, 11:57   #3
Senior Member+

Pretty sure Coley said at the Fans Q&A a few months back he was looking at a few options but more than likely a loan!

I think the problem is like with most players that all the good keepers are out of our reach financially so the best next thing is getting a goalkeeper on loan for next to nothing also with contracted players I'm sure you have to pay them until 1st July rather than a loan player you just pay until the end of the season which could save the club a lot of money in the summer!

I'd just put last seasons keeper problems as a fluke...Never had much problems with loan keepers in the past, Elliot, Randolph and Bettinelli to name a few quality keepers!!
Old 19-06-2015, 12:32   #4
Full Member+

Chapman would do for me too. He did well in the short spell before his freak accident.
Former keeper Cameron Belford has signed for Wrexham
cashman likes this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 12:39   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Belford to me was a good lad, but think hes at his level now.
Old 19-06-2015, 14:14   #6
Full Member+

This was mentioned at the supporters club meeting last night, but basically the search is still ongoing, I understand the big goalie has just had another operation on his other knee so is not in the equation. So Cashman bring your gloves.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..