Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2005, 01:14   #1
Senior Member+

Great Football Map

http://footballclubs.dyndns.org/

It contains a map of England along with zoomed-in maps of larger cities and/or areas of England with more than one football club. The maps are HUGE and the site takes a bit of time to load even on broadband, but I think it's well worth it for passioniate football fans. It shows all Premiership, Coca Cola Football League, and Nationwide Football Conference teams, so there are quite a few teams shown. Each team's stadium is marked with a little soccer ball on the maps.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2005, 01:19   #2
God Member

Re: Great Football Map

what a great site, cheers for that bazf, I really like the way that if you click on any of them it takes you straight to their own website.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 16:59   #3

this is brilliant. Kipax eat your heart out!!!
Old 30-07-2005, 17:20   #4

Even I've got to agree...
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 18:29   #5

adam, i cant see the need for a dig at kipax
Old 30-07-2005, 22:16   #6
God Member

if you look adam.. most of our opposition pages have maps on thanks to jimbo t hornblower...
Old 30-07-2005, 22:26   #7
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
this is brilliant. Kipax eat your heart out!!!

er............why?

If you click on the Accrington Stanly label on that website it brings you to
this familiar place

You may have to jiggle it a bit to find Accy but it's there.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 22:32   #8
Member.

This is a nice idea and very amusing for many of the younger supporters out there in the world. Nice link Bazf…… Adam don’t be a dick.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 23:59   #9

why am I, i'm not the only one who said it was a good map. It's awesome for directions. I only wish they did one for training grounds. That would make my life a lot easier.
Old 31-07-2005, 00:02   #10

i have no karma!!! what happens now? do i die????
Old 31-07-2005, 08:42   #11
Senior Member+

Well, am I the only one who cannot see the point of this map! and to take the biscuit, there is one glaring omission, where the hell is the llink to Wigan Athletic's site - not on the Manchester clubs page and nowhere on the map that I could find. Now I know they are not a fashionable club, but they are Premiership by right. Still I will be there on Wednesday night and bringing 5 sad sods from said football club. Could well be a painful journey home, or I just make them catch the bus lol!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 11:49   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
Well, am I the only one who cannot see the point of this map! and to take the biscuit, there is one glaring omission, where the hell is the llink to Wigan Athletic's site - not on the Manchester clubs page and nowhere on the map that I could find. Now I know they are not a fashionable club, but they are Premiership by right. Still I will be there on Wednesday night and bringing 5 sad sods from said football club. Could well be a painful journey home, or I just make them catch the bus lol!
click on the Blackburn/bolton area club link and it is there, gives you a shortcut to wigan on the map and then to their website!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 14:48   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
Well maybe not every one in the world has your knowledge of football grounds in England.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 17:57   #14
God Member

Cracking site Bazf
Old 31-07-2005, 21:37   #15
Resident Waffler

I've had an attempted karma adjustment for this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
er............why?

If you click on the Accrington Stanly label on that website it brings you to
this familiar place

You may have to jiggle it a bit to find Accy but it's there.
Unfortunately the message left was nothing more than a series of question marks and the person who left it hasn't enough posts to qualify for karma adjustment so I can't even tell if whoeveritwas tried to add or deduct.

However, I shall assume that my post caused someone some confusion and so:

To whom it may concern......... if you simply mean that you don't understand my post I shall try to explain to you. I queried why someone in response to this link to a Great Football Map should have said "eat your heart out" to Kipax when in fact the Accrington Stanley website itself actually features on the Great Football Map. You need to jiggle the map about a bit to find Accrington but once you do, and click on it you will find yourself directed to a very familiar website (ie the Accy Stanley one) Hope that clarifies my post for you. If you click on the blue words in my post you will be directed to exactly the same link.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..