Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2016, 09:37   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Hartlepool Match Thread.

Think they all ran to terry on the bench,something to do with practicing free-kicks at training !!
You'll see from my previous posts I am a massive McCarten fan,have been for years,its his engine that needs sorting,if he can raise his fitness levels he's unplayable !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2016, 10:35   #62
God Member

Shay was amazing last night - took his opportunity with both hands, surely his fitness levels will increase when he gets a decent run of games which, based on last night's performance he surely will be given.
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 10:41   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

With 2 goals like shay scored last night, he can do sod all else,as far as i'm concerned. He can only come better wi a run of games,
AccyMad likes this.
Old 20-01-2016, 12:17   #64
Senior Member+

Let's hope more players start joining Pearson and signing on the dotted line for next season...
Old 20-01-2016, 12:20   #65
God Member

shay needs more time on the pitch to get full fitness. always had the ability to run at defences which in division 2 is a great asset as most centre halves are happy to lap up all the high balls sent too them. hate to say this but pools were really poor. the worst Hartlepool side I,ve seen for years and I think they may need another great escape this year. for us the only downside was that we keep loosing concentration for 5 mins or so in every game . when will we keep a clean sheet again. hope to see winnard and davies back as quickly as possible. not sure of pearson and wright at the back I,m afraid. like to see another signing permanent or loan at centre half as we are down to bare bones in this department.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 13:50   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
shay needs more time on the pitch to get full fitness. always had the ability to run at defences which in division 2 is a great asset as most centre halves are happy to lap up all the high balls sent too them. hate to say this but pools were really poor. the worst Hartlepool side I,ve seen for years and I think they may need another great escape this year. for us the only downside was that we keep loosing concentration for 5 mins or so in every game . when will we keep a clean sheet again. hope to see winnard and davies back as quickly as possible. not sure of pearson and wright at the back I,m afraid. like to see another signing permanent or loan at centre half as we are down to bare bones in this department.
I have to disagree with you about Hartlepool if the header that hit the post gone in would have been a different game I just think when we are in full flow going forward we are the best team in the division as for the defense agree Winnard is a big miss I think Davis was on the bench to accommodate Buxton who when fit which touch wood he looked it last night along with Ha!!iday IMHO we have the best two fullback's in the division onwards and upwards. Agree though if a player brought in could improve us and have an impact if available then bring it on.

Last edited by andyd; 20-01-2016 at 13:52.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 14:07   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Davies was on the bench cos he has been ill n not trained all week, so i was told.andyd.
Old 20-01-2016, 14:49   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
It was a great game, we played well. sadly the crowd was 1211, we need to do better than that even on a Tuesday evening. we are not going to keep the gates open on those figures. we have not had a home game 8/9 weeks and we can't muster a crowd of 2000. If we want to keep a team in the town then we have to come out and support it.
I don't think the picture is as bad as you paint. Firstly, we are financially stable for the first time in a long while and there is no danger of the gates being closed any time soon. Of course 1200 is a poor gate but with doubts about the state of the pitch and the fans almost having got out of the habit I was just glad to get more than 1000 on! Rest assured, if we can keep this form going The gates will build their own momentum as they have done in the past when Coley has got the scent of promotion in his nostrils. The bandwagon is ready to roll!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 15:13   #69
Full Member+

Keep in mind that Hartlepool barely brought any fans over too, so the majority were our lot.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 18:13   #70
Senior Member+

Best way of advertising is word of mouth so if everyone brought a mate or two to the Bristol game then I'm sure people will start to get hooked like so many of us have done!

Players, management aswell as Andy Holt and office staff are pulling up trees so let's do our bit and get the people of Accrington down the The Wham Stadium!
Redraine and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 20-01-2016, 20:49   #71
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I don't think the picture is as bad as you paint. Firstly, we are financially stable for the first time in a long while and there is no danger of the gates being closed any time soon. Of course 1200 is a poor gate but with doubts about the state of the pitch and the fans almost having got out of the habit I was just glad to get more than 1000 on! Rest assured, if we can keep this form going The gates will build their own momentum as they have done in the past when Coley has got the scent of promotion in his nostrils. The bandwagon is ready to roll!
It was just a little disheartening to see the crowd when so many fans and staff who put so much in to get the game on, I agree as the results keep coming in positive we should see a big increase in the attendance level. I think we were 300 up on the same fixture last season. But if we all brought a mate it would be a great lift.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 07:04   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Grrrrr
..I hate this 'Content not availiable' outside of the UK crap.Shouldn't it be the other way round??
Try this:
Kiwi John likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 09:00   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Try this:
Thanks Mike !...Just the tonic for a dull Wednesday...or is it Thursday ? morning !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 09:07   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
totally agree and the gate was 100 more than I predicted. wasn,t the gate last season around 800 for the same fixture with a similar number of away fans. given a decent performance at Exeter the next home game against Bristol rovers will indicate how are gates are going given its a decent day and no chance of postponement.
Old 21-01-2016, 09:11   #75
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1159001]I have to disagree with you about Hartlepool if the header that hit the post gone in would have been a different game

have a look at their website the poolie bunker they are up in arms about their manager, players and tactics. not a happy set of monkeys. glad I support Stanley now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..