Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree143Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2015, 21:19   #16
Senior Member+

Re: James Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hope thats the case. As its on Southport website, Stanley should clarify PDQ i reckon.
They have now:
http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2015/02/gray-stays/

Last edited by MikeA; 12-02-2015 at 21:24.
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2015, 21:20   #17

its obvious whats happened. He's training with them today and doesn't like it/confirmed his doubts. So has decided to come back and try and get in the side.
Old 12-02-2015, 21:29   #18

Id think that would be a step down for him and not good though we proberly wouldn't loan him out to another league 2 side! I think he just needs the games get his confidence and scoring boots back on
Old 12-02-2015, 21:31   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
its obvious whats happened. He's training with them today and doesn't like it/confirmed his doubts. So has decided to come back and try and get in the side.
Think it's more likely he was 'persuaded' to go!!
yerself and cashman like this.
Old 12-02-2015, 21:34   #20

Should have taken the move, regardless of wanting to stay and fight for his place, which is a pointless exercise anyway as it's clear he wasn't in Coleman's plans and doing this is probably the final nail in his coffin.

He'll get a rollocking tomorrow morning and I doubt he'll be seen in a matchday squad between now and the end of the season, barring some sort of crisis.

Suspect that he'll be offered a mutual termination of his contract in the summer, too. He should definitely take that and try to move on in his career because it's all been downhill for him since Beattie left.
Old 12-02-2015, 21:39   #21
Senior Member+

is he on decent wages?

is Hunt still our highest earner? Heard Gornells wage matched what Hunt is on.
Old 12-02-2015, 21:42   #22
God Member

Good on the lad for wanting to stay - who knows, maybe him & Coley have sorted out any differences they might have had?
Hope his persistence pays off for him - I suppose only time will tell
Old 12-02-2015, 21:57   #23

Yes it's just werid he doesn't fit in colys eyes under Beattie I thought he was one of the best players
Old 12-02-2015, 21:59   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
Should have taken the move, regardless of wanting to stay and fight for his place, which is a pointless exercise anyway as it's clear he wasn't in Coleman's plans and doing this is probably the final nail in his coffin.

He'll get a rollocking tomorrow morning and I doubt he'll be seen in a matchday squad between now and the end of the season, barring some sort of crisis.

Suspect that he'll be offered a mutual termination of his contract in the summer, too. He should definitely take that and try to move on in his career because it's all been downhill for him since Beattie left.
You seem to know a lot about it!
So he should accept being forced out and ostracised of he doesn't go with a smile on his face, what a crock. If what you say is true fair play to the lad for standing up to the terrible twosome.
Old 12-02-2015, 22:01   #25
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Joint top scorer irish international and a bright future a head of him,dont blame him turning down the chance to go on loan to southport.if he does go theres not much cover left up front. I do agree thou that he goes to ground alot.

Last edited by mab; 12-02-2015 at 22:04.
Old 12-02-2015, 22:37   #26
Senior Member+

Very strange u turn.
I can only think southport couldn't guarantee him starting every game,doesn't make sense to me.
The lad needs games and there's little difference between league two and conference.
Old 12-02-2015, 22:55   #27
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Sounds better when you say your a league player and play for a league club!! And may be if he dropped down to the conference he'd be over looked by the irish fa...
Old 13-02-2015, 07:06   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Glad hes still here, but as far as i'm concerned, seems like another lad thats been treated like a piece of crap by the wonderful one.
Old 13-02-2015, 07:13   #29

how do you know that? he just hasn't been picked. There are only 11 who can start a game football. people unfortunately have to miss out.
Old 13-02-2015, 07:15   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
how do you know that? he just hasn't been picked. There are only 11 who can start a game football. people unfortunately have to miss out.
Common sense helps.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..