Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree143Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2015, 20:51   #151
God Member

Re: James Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Or 8 games without a win !!
Now, now....don't start all that off again.
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2015, 08:49   #152
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No Frank, our manager is qualified n we are not, so we have no right at all to opinions, n his arse lickers are too stupid to see what hes saying.
Have you noticed though, considering we are not qualified, how after bigging up Stanley for a promotion push in December after a decent run of form, we have gone downhill ever since and are now looking over our shoulders. As for James Gray, if our esteemed enlightened one had played him with Mingoia and Windass to supply the balls, then he too could have scored many more, but what do we know?
cashman and ianray like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:14   #153
Senior Member+

gray had a good September,but the goals dried and before he went to Northampton he hadn't notched in thirteen.
For me hes a good player but struggled in the system of one up top were holding the ball up is key.
He is doing ok at Northampton because they play a different way(hes not leading the line).
When they played one up top he was on the bench!!,so for me its about how the team sets up and Coley has now gone three at the back to give two up top which would have suited Grey and took a bit of pressure off Terry.
The question is would we have been happy with our present position after our poor start to the season?.
yonmon likes this.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:35   #154
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
gray had a good September,but the goals dried and before he went to Northampton he hadn't notched in thirteen.
But I seem to remember he got a red card and after his suspension he hardly played. How many minutes did he get on the pitch in those thirteen games?
Old 06-04-2015, 10:48   #155
Senior Member+

Unsure Redraine,will have to check!,but his last goal for us was Sept 2014.
Old 06-04-2015, 18:06   #156
Senior Member+

He played 30 minutes after the red card more or less.
Old 06-04-2015, 19:07   #157
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
He played 30 minutes after the red card more or less.
He got sent off against Oxford which was the game before Coley took over,and when he served his ban he started against Dagenham,Stevenage and Morecambe (2 losses and a draw).
The next two games Carver and maguire were tried in that role before the infamous Crookes experiment.
As I have said before I like him as a player,but not on his own up top and re-reading the posts on this forum from game one of the season,most were of the same opinion.
Today's team shape 4-4-2 would have suited him
baldy and DAV007 like this.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:09   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
He got sent off against Oxford which was the game before Coley took over,and when he served his ban he started against Dagenham,Stevenage and Morecambe (2 losses and a draw).
The next two games Carver and maguire were tried in that role before the infamous Crookes experiment.
As I have said before I like him as a player,but not on his own up top and re-reading the posts on this forum from game one of the season,most were of the same opinion.
Today's team shape 4-4-2 would have suited him
Usual contrived nonsense in your last 2 posts that no-one seems to question on here.

At least get your facts right, Gray started against Stevenage, Hartlepool and Notts County when he returned from the ban, didnt start another game, had intermittent sub apearences and towards the end couldnt even get on the bench. Hes gone to a playoff-chasing team, is starting and has scored 3 in 5 - stop trying to justify the coalman's decisions by slagging the lad off
Old 10-04-2015, 06:50   #159
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

You get yer facts right Frank, The post of Football 19s certainly does not "slag the lad off" Thats questioning you.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:52   #160
Senior Member+

Frank,I apologise for getting the teams wrong,this being a domination of my eyesight and the programme pages not lining up !!
I was replying to Smudgie who thought he only played around 30 minutes after his ban,I was surprised,hence looked at a programme.
It's your opinion of my posts being "contrived nonsense",but suggest you read your recent "constructive"posts.
It's obvious you interpret my views on grey as "slagging"him off,despite saying I like him as a player!!,not worked that one out .
Rather than criticising posters views,why don't you give your opinions on who you think should be manager,formation,players,how the club should be run etc. which could be debated.
baldy, Red-Osbornello and DAV007 like this.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:56   #161

Coley made it clear that there had been no fall out whatsoever with James and that unless a very good offer comes in for him he has 12 months left. In fact he has a good craic with the lad and spent quite. A lot of time in Northampton recently with his dad. He did add though that if the Cobblers offer £15 million he'll be off.

Gray was sent off before JC came in. We then won the first 3 games and had scored 7 in the process. That style of play requires someone to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Coley stated that James goes to ground very easily which is fantastic and dangerous when it goes for you but if not gives away possession and leaves you open due to the number of players committed to going forwards.

James is also one of the highest earners at the club and it makes sense if he is not playing to get him some game time and keep him off the wage bill. There is no vendetta.

Before Terry came back there was nobody to hold the ball up hence the Crooks experiment. JC stated that Crooks let himself down with his finishing. One funny moment is when he said although he doesn't blame Matty for the Yeovil defeat...indeed one could argue Shay McCartan missed an easier chance in the first game....he winds him up in training by telling him he owes us half a million.
baldy and football19 like this.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:00   #162

Coley also reiterated that anybody can speak to him at any time. Pop down to the club during the daytime. Jimmy also stated that we are using HYndburn Sports Centre to train on which for me is worrying and that the council had not phoned back about other potential sites after both JC and JB had a meeting with them. Surprise surprise.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:06   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I am of the opinion the council want stanley "OUT" of the crown simple as.
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:19   #164

I agree. Hence why they have never given us the ground...thus allowing us access to football foundation grants to improve the infrastructure. The council reflect the townspeople in their attitude towards the club.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:37   #165
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I am of the opinion the council want stanley "OUT" of the crown simple as.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I agree. Hence why they have never given us the ground...thus allowing us access to football foundation grants to improve the infrastructure. The council reflect the townspeople in their attitude towards the club.
I wouldn't take it personally against the club, they are trying to close the whole town down
Exile on Spencer St and andyd like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..