Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree143Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2015, 07:17   #31

Re: James Gray

Has Marcus been treated badly? Bowerman? Hatfield? Windass (he's probably played a similar number of mins).....

Or do you have a direct line to all the thoughts and feelings of players in the squad?
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2015, 07:20   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

At least 1 of those has. got a direct line to stupidity though.
Old 13-02-2015, 10:00   #33
Senior Member+

Cashman, your avoiding the issue
Old 13-02-2015, 10:38   #34
Full Member+

I can understand gray being dropped for johnno, who made an impact and was pretty much playing in his accustomed role. In a similar way I get that gornell starts ahead of him. But I don't get the crooks situation and can see that as being insulting towards gray. Its almost like subbing the keeper for a midfielder to go in the nets..
Old 13-02-2015, 10:42   #35
God Member

Surely the best way to fight for your place is to show form while getting match practice at a good level? Seems like an unwise move to me but we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Unlike others on here I wouldn't want to play pantomime and vilify the player or the manager
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.
Old 13-02-2015, 11:01   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Surely the best way to fight for your place is to show form while getting match practice at a good level?
That's true, Shaker, but how does that approach square with Mr.Carver's loan? He could get a hat-trick in six consecutive games for Barrow but that would do him no favours in fighting for his place at Stanley.
I just hope Messrs Coleman and Gray can sort things out. It's not many clubs that loan out their top scorer. But Gray has to man-up on the pitch and cut out the petulance that got him sent off at Oxford and the diving. And Professor Coleman will, I trust, respect Gray's determination to 'fight for his place', and to stand up to him (if the Southport loan was indeed the manager's suggestion), rather than hold a grievance for the rest of the season.
Old 13-02-2015, 11:22   #37
God Member

I've got a better idea, let's get Beattie back 'cos he liked him

this forum is crap now, same old drivel on every single thread being posted
Old 13-02-2015, 11:26   #38
God Member

BBC Sport - James Gray: Southport cancel loan after one training session

maybe more to it than "I want to fight for my place"?
baldy and DAV007 like this.
Old 13-02-2015, 11:37   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Cashman, your avoiding the issue
Usual dross from you Davo, i said at least 1, Avoiding the issue is you about J.B. yeh been asked by quite a few, but never answered.
Old 13-02-2015, 11:59   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I've got a better idea, let's get Beattie back 'cos he liked him

this forum is crap now, same old drivel on every single thread being posted
Now be fair, everyone can't be as eloquent as you.
Old 13-02-2015, 13:00   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
....this forum is crap now, same old drivel on every single thread being posted
I agree, especially with those who bring Mr.Beattie at any and every opportunity.
Old 13-02-2015, 14:21   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
You seem to know a lot about it!
So he should accept being forced out and ostracised of he doesn't go with a smile on his face, what a crock. If what you say is true fair play to the lad for standing up to the terrible twosome.
I know nothing - it's all guesswork, opinion and assumption.

He wasn't in Coleman's plans anyway, hence his sporadic appearances from the bench every few games, so turning down a loan move and a chance to play some games is hardly going to endear him to the manager, is it? He's messed around and ****ed off a few people at both clubs with his actions and tweet which doesn't reflect well upon him either.

He isn't out of contract until June 2016 and I doubt Coleman will want to keep him around next season so I assume James will be offered the chance to leave at the end of the season. Looking at the situation, he shouldn't want to stay and waste a year of his career at his age when it would be better spent elsewhere playing games regularly and developing as a player rather than coming in to train every day at Stanley hoping for a miracle that sees him get back in the team.
baldy likes this.
Old 13-02-2015, 15:13   #43

Just because Marcus is local everybody seems to think he's the next Messi. Would people be raving about him if he was scouse? Absolutely ridiculous.

He is a grafter yes...but so is my plumber and I don't think he should start every game. I hope he comes back a better player but he is nowhere near being a first team regular at this moment.
baldy, maccawozzagod, SamF and 2 others like this.
Old 13-02-2015, 15:17   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
If what you say is true fair play to the lad for standing up to the terrible twosome.
Disagree. The manager has to be in charge at any club. He is effectively the players line manger. Look at Sir Alex Feguson with Jaap Staam and David Beckham. Otherwise you end up with a "mutiny on the bounty" scenario.
Old 13-02-2015, 15:18   #45
Senior Member+

I agree Carver deserves praise for all of his non footballing assets, his actual ability with a ball at his feet is somewhat limited.

James Gray only has himself to blame.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..