Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 14:04   #1
Senior Member+

League 3..............?

So people your thoughts on todays FA announcement that they want to introduce premier league B teams into their own B team league in between League 2 and the conference.

Absolutely ridiculous idea.

Yet again The Premier League being a law in their own right.
stanley convert likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2014, 14:07   #2
Senior Member+

Re: League 3..............?

I like the idea.
It would give conference clubs better access to promotion and bring more fans through the gates.
It also gives Stanley a financial safety net should they ever get relegates as it will take a good few years for the 10 premier league B teams to get promoted (rumoured to be 3 up, as opposed to the conference which is only 2 up).

I hope it goes ahead.

BTW, Smudgie, I think you have got it wrong.
It will be a 20 team league called league 3 made up of 10 B teams and the top 10 conference teams from the year prior to the league starting.
All have an equal chance of promotion or relegation up the league system with the B teams promotion capped at championship level.
The conference will continue albeit it will now be the 6th tier of English football.

Last edited by DAV007; 08-05-2014 at 14:10.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 14:20   #3
Senior Member+

Not like you to disagree with everything I post!

We have the envy of the world in terms of our football pyramid, why change it!?

The only issue I agree with is the proper setting up of feeder clubs, I will happily have a youngster or two from Burnley or Blackburn!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 14:44   #4
God Member

Do we need two threads on this daft idea?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 14:45   #5
Senior Member+

Stanley will benefit from this in the short, medium and long term.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 14:47   #6
Full Member+

If premier league (or any other league) clubs need a B - league to keep their fringe players fit and competitive then let them do so. But it should have no relationship to the actual league (ie. no promotion to or relegation from any of the football leagues) every club in the football pyramid has earned their place there, it should not be devalued by clubs with an embarrassment of riches playing their second string team for match practice. It would make a mockery of cup competitions and further complicate the transfer market
Old 08-05-2014, 15:26   #7
God Member

There are many reasons this is another daft idea from that bunch of muppets at the FA, but the fact that Davo thinks it would be good for Stanley is the clincher.
The problem appears to be that the England team are useless, young players are not getting games, and the best way to resolve this is to destroy lower league football?
Why not just restrict the Premier league's global conglomerates to squads no bigger than 22? Why not take 10% of the money sloshing out of the TV and agent deals and build a 4G artificial pitch in every town and village in England? Why not vote UKiP and tell the Eu to stuff their employment laws.
So-called safeguards to develop English 'talent' will be easily by-passed by the big boys - a player from Timbouctou can be classed as 'home-grown' if he's spent 3 years in England. Even the idea of a team full of 18-20 year olds is laughable as a way of developing talent. Young players need to play with, not just against, older players to learn the tricks of the trade. Dyke is a media man, all he knows is TV and his one big idea in the past was Roland Rat. And you can be darned sure that if the Premier league businesses like the idea, it is good for them and no-one else.
Old 08-05-2014, 16:00   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
There are many reasons this is another daft idea from that bunch of muppets at the FA, but the fact that Davo thinks it would be good for Stanley is the clincher.
The problem appears to be that the England team are useless, young players are not getting games, and the best way to resolve this is to destroy lower league football?
Why not just restrict the Premier league's global conglomerates to squads no bigger than 22? Why not take 10% of the money sloshing out of the TV and agent deals and build a 4G artificial pitch in every town and village in England? Why not vote UKiP and tell the Eu to stuff their employment laws.
So-called safeguards to develop English 'talent' will be easily by-passed by the big boys - a player from Timbouctou can be classed as 'home-grown' if he's spent 3 years in England. Even the idea of a team full of 18-20 year olds is laughable as a way of developing talent. Young players need to play with, not just against, older players to learn the tricks of the trade. Dyke is a media man, all he knows is TV and his one big idea in the past was Roland Rat. And you can be darned sure that if the Premier league businesses like the idea, it is good for them and no-one else.

I was so close to agreeing with all this then you ruined it with "Why not vote UKiP "
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 16:57   #9
God Member

I think that if this system was in we would not have had the best keeper in league 2 on loan... Just my thoughts, why would Fulham loan him to us when they could play him in their B team......??

Maybe I have got it wrong?

MikeA, AccyMad, smudgie and 1 others like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 16:57   #10
Resting in Peace

See how the possible Conference fans view these absolutely shameful proposals.
Unanimity against, and I don't blame them. Download and view the document listed in one post if you feel like it but do join the online petition against, if , like me you don't give a toss about our overpaid, over-hyped so called elite players and clubs!

The beginning of the end? | Bulls Banter
smobile likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 17:35   #11

I have yet to hear the benefit of B teams over feeder clubs.

Want your youth players to get some experience in the lower leagues? Send them on loan to the lower leagues!

Parent club get their man some game time, the player gains experience and the lower league team gets some cheap labour!

Reckon we'd get more through the gates if fixtures didn't clash and half our squad were Rovers/Burnley's starting XI?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 18:07   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
I was so close to agreeing with all this then you ruined it with "Why not vote UKiP "
John,
This isn't the place for political prejudices, yours or mine. I certainly am not suggesting you or anyone else votes one way or another.
The point I was seeking to make was that there are many possible responses to the FA's claim that too many 'English' players are being squeezed out of squads by 'foreigners', some of which, depending on your view, are as daft as Greg Dyke's efforts.
Old 08-05-2014, 18:17   #13
Resting in Peace

Just seen an ASFC response on Sky Sports News. "At last we can achieve our dream. Playing Stoke City reserves away". Superb!
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 08-05-2014, 18:39   #14
Resting in Peace

From Twitter, apparently. Getting a lot of praise on F.L. forums!

Accrington Stanley ✔ @ASFCofficial
Follow
"To increase the number of English players in the top flight we're going to launch a B team & apply to join the Premier League
AccyMad, SamF, Redash and 1 others like this.
Old 08-05-2014, 18:49   #15
Resting in Peace

Get signed up!

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...-b-teams#share

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..