Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 19:11   #16
Senior Member+

Re: League 3..............?

It's the biggest load of rubbish I have heard in a long time.
Basically the premier league can't produce a production line of players for the national team,so they will try and destroy the football leagues make up to try another avenue.
They set up football academies,then under17 /19 league,then back to under18s,then under 21s ep leagues.
I have seen it all,first hand !!,but IMHO exile nails it.
Spend the money on playing surfaces ie,all league clubs have to have bowling green tops,same goes for all schools,minimum 4g facilities.
That's were the money should be going,not 60 million pound parachute payments for clubs who get relegated.
AccyMad, Redraine, Redash and 4 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2014, 19:57   #17
God Member

From the man with the most understanding of this, that is a great post

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 20:17   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I think that if this system was in we would not have had the best keeper in league 2 on loan... Just my thoughts, why would Fulham loan him to us when they could play him in their B team......??

Maybe I have got it wrong?

Chances are Fulham wouldn't have a B team, at least not for the forseable future as the B teams will only be granted to the clubs who have finished in the top 10 on average over the past 10 years provided they want one.

As the current top 10 over the past 10 years have all expressed an interest, then there is a long, long wait for the likes of Fulham if indeed Fulham want a B team.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 21:22   #19
God Member

Precisely, Davo, which is why this is the daftest idea since....er...the last big idea from the FA.
Just imagine, the ten richest Premier league clubs set up their B teams and after a few years, they all occupy the top ten places in League 1. Oh, but hang on, they can't be promoted. So they stay, sitting on top of all the 'little' clubs keeping them in their rightful place.
As one of the Hereford fans suggested, the next step would no relegation from the Premier League (ooh, just like America, it must be a good idea).
As has been said before, they're called the FA because that's how much they care about football clubs and fans. They've done their best to devalue the FA Cup by trying to screw as much money as they can out of it, like playing semi- finals at Wembley, and now they're trying to ruin the League.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 08-05-2014 at 21:27.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 21:43   #20
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Bring back the centrol league 1 n 2 of old and leave the football league alone.
stanley convert likes this.
Old 08-05-2014, 22:12   #21

Well worth a read

An Open Letter to Mr Greg Dyke, Chairman of the FA | Amber Planet
AccyMad, SamF, Revived Red and 1 others like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:45   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Done
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:47   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Stanley will benefit from this in the short, medium and long term.
Please can you explain exactly how Stanley, or any lower league team for that matter could possibly benefit from these daft plans if they are put into place?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:49   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Please can you explain exactly how Stanley, or any lower league team for that matter could possibly benefit from these daft plans if they are put into place?
They won't help Stanley, but will be another 10 or so teams that need a new manager which Davo can tout Coley & Bavo for.......

Hold on a minute - DAVO ? BAVO ?

Is that you Ian ?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:26   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Talk is of a 20 million "sweetener" to buy off resistance by the div1&2 clubs to compensate for destroying the integrity of the football league structure. "Money doesn't talk,it swears".
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 15:15   #26
Senior Member+

I think congratulations should go to whoever at the club tweeted the responses to this ridiculous idea. Not only did it sum up the views of lower league clubs but brought valuable publicity to Stanley at the same time. Well done!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 15:34   #27
Senior Member+

5000+ tweets
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 16:27   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I think congratulations should go to whoever at the club tweeted the responses to this ridiculous idea. Not only did it sum up the views of lower league clubs but brought valuable publicity to Stanley at the same time. Well done!

Don't you know every member of the ASFC media team??

There's Dan, Dany, and the students who applied for the highly paid positions!!

I'm mean Daggers on a Tuesday night then breakfast for Lancs the next day = no sleep and commitment!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 17:40   #29
Senior Member+

If Greg Dyke and the I,m alright Jack society get their way. I can envisage within 10 years of implementation the league structure looking like this
(1) Premier.
(2) Championship.
(3) League 1 (80% Reserve squads).
(4) League 2.
how hard is it going to be to stay up then I wonder

Last edited by accybeme; 09-05-2014 at 17:45.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 19:28   #30
Super Moderator

Keep the faith; in 10 years time we'll be "hard core" Championship!! We'll be the kings of engaging fans, low prices and terracing!!

That will mess up the FA's plans when ASFC want the Ultras to be OUR 'B" team. KO 11am on Sunday's at Wilsons!!
shillelagh likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..