Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2013, 10:59   #31
Full Member+

Re: Leam gong ?????...

I just come away from the stadium half an hour ago, I did ask Leam if he was heading for Chesterfield , his reply was " we'll see ". If he does at least he kept us in League 2 before moving. Good luck to him anyway , but I do wish he would stay at Stanley.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2013, 11:00   #32
Junior Member+

Peter Marsden asked him recently if he wanted to stay on and fight relegation and he chose to stay. Why leave now when you have the chance to push on?!
jenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 11:05   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
I just come away from the stadium half an hour ago, I did ask Leam if he was heading for Chesterfield , his reply was " we'll see ". If he does at least he kept us in League 2 before moving. Good luck to him anyway , but I do wish he would stay at Stanley.
Greeny, he has gone. Molyneux is on Twitter and has just tweeted that ."the manager has officially gone and good luck to him. "
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 11:09   #34
Full Member+

It been on Radio Lancs that he goes today, glad I had the chance to wish him well for the furure.
smobile likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 11:16   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
If you let what people post on an internet forum bother you as a football manager you wont last long in the game

More likely he has gone for the money, if so, then that's up to him, you cannot judge anybody even cook for leaving for more money, everybody would do the same
No-one's saying that would have decided him, just that it was maybe one factor & even though you need to be thick skinned to succeed as a manager, there were some pretty nasty comments made on here by certain individuals which wouldn't have helped in his decision - gutted
Revived Red and Greeny like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 11:27   #36
God Member

Jeffers just tweeted the same as well.

oh well onwards and upwards.

So, had he already had contract talks with players and told people whether they were going?
Had he already offered contracts to those he wanted to keep?
How will players who might have stayed be affected?

If there has always been a plan to reinstate Coley then I hope they do it straight away and don't fanny about.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 11:38   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Jeffers just tweeted the same as well.

oh well onwards and upwards.

So, had he already had contract talks with players and told people whether they were going?
Had he already offered contracts to those he wanted to keep?
How will players who might have stayed be affected?

If there has always been a plan to reinstate Coley then I hope they do it straight away and don't fanny about.
At least if Coley does come back he wont be as quick to leave as the last two this time around, we need a bit of stability now, and the players need to know asap who will be running the show.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 11:44   #38
God Member

Absolutely gutted!
Think it's the wrong decision for Leam but only time will tell, he has a young family to think of & I wish him luck & hope he doesn't come to regret it.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 11:59   #39

Typical Football - No Loyalty.Here's me thinking the club stood by him, when he was out injured as a player and when people were questioning him as manager.A 2 yr contract left or take a chance with Chesterfield !! we all know how it ended for Coleman & Bell.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 11:59   #40

On fishy now

ASFC News Story > 5386
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 12:01   #41
Senior Member+

Money money money but I really can’t blame Leam for wanting a better life for him and his young family, managing Stanley is a tough and unrewarding job with a very small but loyal fan base, good luck Leam
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 12:30   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think hes been a complete numpty, becoming a number 2 fer money, Am very disappointed thought he had more oil in his lamp. Can only wish him well, Am sure he could have gone on to bigger n better things as a Number 1, I can understand anyone leaving fer better money, "BUT" only after viewing the Big picture. Better Dosh -Yeh, Better Option- No.
Old 30-04-2013, 12:37   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I suspect this has been long planned? Also suspect it won't just be Leam going to the snake?
Old 30-04-2013, 12:39   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think hes been a complete numpty, becoming a number 2 fer money,
Maybe it's not only for money. Maybe he just did not like being No. 1 - at least not yet.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 12:44   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Maybe it's not only for money. Maybe he just did not like being No. 1 - at least not yet.
Doubt that very much, going off what people have told me he said in his speeches oer the weekend,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..