Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2013, 09:56   #16

Re: Leam gong ?????...

100% he's off to Chesterfield today Beattie next manager
ianray likes this.
yolobcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2013, 09:56   #17

Re: Leam going ?????...

hes going 100% beattie next manager
ianray likes this.
yolobcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 09:59   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Very good of yeh to tell us, Are you one of those smug gets who looks down on a small club?
smobile likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 09:59   #19
God Member

If this rumour proves to be true I hope the board doesn't do anything daft, like appointing two unemployed scousers.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:01   #20

Looks likes its true, sad really
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:01   #21
God Member

Confirmed by Radio Lancs
Old 30-04-2013, 10:02   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
Looks likes its true, sad really
Why does it? Yeh would think the club site would say summat before Radio Lancs?

Last edited by cashman; 30-04-2013 at 10:04.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:11   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why does it? Yeh would think the club site would say summat before Radio Lancs?
You would think, but they are not well known for keeping everybody informed with up to the minute news
cashman, yonmon and smobile like this.
Old 30-04-2013, 10:27   #24
God Member

I would think the club statement will be a lot more than a line on twitter. Normally they would ask the press to hold the information until a certain time. Press aren't good at telling the time on occasions
Old 30-04-2013, 10:29   #25
God Member

Really hope this is just the media stirring things up based on some of Cook's back room staff leaving, IF there is any truth in it & it's a big IF in my opinion, then in realistic terms how could Chesterfield afford to pay us 2 years compensation given their recent well documented money problems??
Don't do it Leam, it's not as if Cook is well known for being loyal to his back room staff, he soon dropped the ones at Sligo when it was a stumbling block to him getting the Stanley job & i've no doubt he would do the same again if he moved on from Chesterfield
cashman and ianray like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:37   #26

I just cant get my head around it. From the way Leam was talking and the way Beattie described Leam is GOING to make it as MANAGER! forget the cash, surely managing a football club benefits your credentials more than being an assistant manager.

Whilst it seems silly,the decision lies with Leam and we have to respect it. It is his career
AccyMad and smobile like this.

Last edited by AsFc62; 30-04-2013 at 10:44.
AsFc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:41   #27

He's Gone - Confirmed.

Maybe it was the plan all along. Cooky inherited a team at Chesterfield, but wanted Leam. Club asked Leam to stay on til the end of the season to keep Stanley up, then join the snake and pass the baton onto King James.

Why the two and half year contract in November though ??????????

Feel a bit short changed though.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:51   #28
Senior Member+

If I'd had to spend weeks reading mindless posts about "sack the manager" and "bring back Coley", and someone offer to double my salary (or whatever) I'd probably have walked too ...........

Damn shame, but if you feel unwanted it's another factor in the decision .......
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:58   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
If I'd had to spend weeks reading mindless posts about "sack the manager" and "bring back Coley", and someone offer to double my salary (or whatever) I'd probably have walked too ...........
If you let what people post on an internet forum bother you as a football manager you wont last long in the game

More likely he has gone for the money, if so, then that's up to him, you cannot judge anybody even cook for leaving for more money, everybody would do the same
Old 30-04-2013, 10:59   #30
God Member

Leam you're a numpty pal. Second fiddle to a man with three voices and two faces just as your career was starting to bear some fruit. Fair do's to you though you're an intelligent fella who wouldn't have done it on a whim and also thank you very much for getting this over and done with as early as possible after the end of the season. Good luck Leam, you will need it. It's no secret that Chesterfield HAVE to get promoted next season and if you two can't get your new team to gel immediately then the pair of you will be sacked by October. How will that look on your short CV? avoided relegation by three points in the first job then sacked after ten games in your second.

To the board, please appoint someone within a fortnight so they can have time to crack on with getting a side together. Please put clauses into their contract that we can sack them if they are **** and not have to pay compo.
smobile likes this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..