Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2013, 18:46   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Leam gong ?????...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Quite funny comments on Chesterfield Forum....

Even Cashy gets name-checked. Post 19

Leam Richardson - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC
Thats cos i can annoy any beggar. But it also shows they read the Stanley Forum. lol
Sparkologist, yonmon and smobile like this.
Old 30-04-2013, 20:45   #77
God Member

Can't say I understand the reasons for Leam's departure at all. Riding on the coat tails of another's ambition, forgoing the kudos and gravitas earned as a manager in his own right? I think he's made a bad decision (back room staff even more expendable than managers in Football League) but I don't wish him any ill.

All the best, Leam.

View From The Cow Shed: Leam Richardson leaves Accrington Stanley
AccyMad likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:50   #78
Senior Member+

Went out for a long 60 mile bike ride today. After having my shower and a brew at about 3pm I put the telly on to have a look at the football news on teletext and was absolutely SHOCKED and GUTTED to read the news about Leam leaving us!!!!
Like others, I think it could very easily turn out all wrong for the lad. Chesterfield have big club ambitions and as others have already said, Leam and Cooky could find themselves out of a job half way through the season!!!
Looking back on both or their managerial tenures at Stanley, I honestly think that Leam did a far better job than Cooky. Cooky decimated the squad and brought in quite a number of fairly lame loan players, then left us pretty much in the lurch!! Leam took over and alhtough it took a while for him to build a new team, with his own choices, he actually produced a settled and pretty succesful team for the last 10 or 12 matches and of course they retained our Football League status.
Therefore, I rate Leam more highly than Cooky as a No 1 manager and cannot understand why Leam has gone to work for Cooky as his No 2.
Obviously a big factor, as usual, is money and of course nobody can blame Leam for looking for the security offered by a higher salary.
I believe that if Leam had stayed with us for another full season that he could have done far better than No2 (for a while) at Chesterfield.
It is a sad fact of football life that loyalty is being bought out by money these days in our beloved game. The fans, apart from Dav007 and one or two other numpties, have shown true loyalty to Leam and supported him fully as he rebuilt the squad.
Well, sincerely I would like to say thankyou and wish you good luck Leam, but I really think you could have written a full chapter in the history of our famous club instead of just a few lines.
The most important part of our club though are the fans who turn out week in week out in all weathers and those who consider themselves TRUE REDS will be here on the terraces and in their seats on day one next season.
Our role here at Stanley seems to be to constantly overcome adversity and of course we will continue to do so.
There will be much debate about John and Jimmy possibly returning, or giving another youngster like James Beatty a chance and there will be others after the job too. As Rob Heyes says on his video comment we should not rush in too quickly but we do need to have a manager in place within a week or two to talk to the players who are out of contract as soon as they have had a break.
I think that Romy Boco will definitely go to Chesterfield but I hope that we can keep the other lads.
I think that our players should remember the old saying about; "The grass is greener on the other side of the hill". My view is that it just isn't always true and you should think very, very carefully before leaving us for other "green" pastures. Why not stay and be part of the history of a famous club like ACCRINGTON STANLEY.
ON STANLEY ON!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:07   #79

Thought I might have dreamt this when I read it this morning.....

This is a real shame. Thought their has been some real optimism around the club in the last few weeks, and all the reports by people on this forum who have talked to players from the club showed a good atmosphere had been established.

We had been 'spoilt' by John and Jimmy really - 12 seasons with the same management is a luxury in football - 3 changes in management in under a year feels like massive upheaval in comparison.

The good news is football has a massive excess of decent managers, coaches and players. It's just about having the right combination of personnel, and a little bit of luck. And of course a committed fan base, whatever the size.

I'm still optimistic.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:24   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
And of course a committed fan base, whatever the size.

I'm still optimistic.
Dont ask redraine and stanleymad, they only support the team if they approve of the manager.

And they call themselves fans!

Shameful.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:27   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Dont ask redraine and stanleymad, they only support the team if they approve of the manager.

Shameful.
Do you seriously think they wouldn't go ? Let's face it a lot of what is said on here is bull****, you should know more than most
SamF likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 21:32   #82
Senior Member+

not my words, it was their own words.

And while I get most things wrong about football, not supporting the team because of whom the manager is, I find to be a terribly selfish position.
Old 30-04-2013, 21:42   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I think calling fer someone to get dismissed, n hoping to get yer mates back is just as selfish.
Greeny likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 21:44   #84
God Member

Quote:
not my words, it was their own words.

And while I get most things wrong about football, not supporting the team because of whom the manager is, I find to be a terribly selfish position.
Fortunately I know both of them, and selfishness when it comes to their football team is not a description that fits.

At least all these discussions help everyone to get over the worst part of the year, the cricket season
Old 30-04-2013, 21:57   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Fortunately I know both of them, and selfishness when it comes to their football team is not a description that fits.

At least all these discussions help everyone to get over the worst part of the year, the cricket season
No surrender to the Enfield scum!!!
Old 30-04-2013, 22:02   #86

Extremely surprised by this news, but then we've all been football fans long enough to know that nothing should ever shock you.

There's obviously a bond between Leam and Paul Cook and he's obviously weighed up that his career ambitions are better served by moving to Chesterfield - they are a bigger club, better facilities, bigger budget, nearer home, a more realistic chance of progressing up the leagues than us, etc. Money is also bound to be a factor.

Despite what he may have said in public, he may just not fancy the focal point and pressure that comes with being a league manager just yet, and I do think the last 6 months' experience will serve him well. He may simply have not fancied the challenge of managing Stanley (and it certainly is that!), knowing that he's probably got to find 5 or 6 first teamers over the Summer and he would have an idea of the playing budget for next season.

He has proved he's got a good eye for a player and I wouldn't bet against at least 2 from Boco, Molyneux and Linganzi being a Chesterfield next season.

I've read the posts about the risks involved, but maybe, just maybe, Chesterfield may have got themselves a great management team.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 22:26   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Extremely surprised by this news, but then we've all been football fans long enough to know that nothing should ever shock you.

There's obviously a bond between Leam and Paul Cook and he's obviously weighed up that his career ambitions are better served by moving to Chesterfield - they are a bigger club, better facilities, bigger budget, nearer home, a more realistic chance of progressing up the leagues than us, etc. Money is also bound to be a factor.

Despite what he may have said in public, he may just not fancy the focal point and pressure that comes with being a league manager just yet, and I do think the last 6 months' experience will serve him well. He may simply have not fancied the challenge of managing Stanley (and it certainly is that!), knowing that he's probably got to find 5 or 6 first teamers over the Summer and he would have an idea of the playing budget for next season.

He has proved he's got a good eye for a player and I wouldn't bet against at least 2 from Boco, Molyneux and Linganzi being a Chesterfield next season.

I've read the posts about the risks involved, but maybe, just maybe, Chesterfield may have got themselves a great management team.
I suspect they may become a very good team, But no promotion will be regarded as failure oer yon i reckon n its a big ask in Div2 many sides on same level,
Old 30-04-2013, 22:27   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Shameful.
Owd on a tick! I said the second coming would test my commitment, which is not the same as saying I wouldn't continue to support the team or the manager. I would swallow my reservations, just as you did after calling Leam the worst manager in Stanley's history. Do you understand, or is the point too subtle for you?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 22:32   #89
Senior Member+

There is no point in back tracking.

Get behind the team irrespective of whom the manager is.
Old 30-04-2013, 22:34   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Owd on, this is the sodding cricket season!!! How come were on the pigging roller coaster once again?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..