Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2013, 09:06   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Um another guy with a crystal ball, A, I doubt very much that Coleman and Bell would return, and if they did why are you so sure they would keep Stanley up, maybe if people like you got off Richardsons back everybody would be singing off the same hymn sheet.
Of course, thats why we cant score, win or draw, because some fans dare ask questions about how bad we are.

If we blind ourselves and support the manager we will stay up, why didnt I think of that.

When you remove the cover of 'support and loyalty' from your eyes, you will wake up to Stanley in the conference.
smudgie likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2013, 09:09   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Its not negative, I am being realistic.
On the contrary, it IS being negative. We all know what you think - you have said the same thing over and over again ad nauseam. There is no point whatsoever in starting a thread such as this, except to express further your own negativity.

Leam Richardson is the manager. He needs - and deserves - our full support.
Old 17-02-2013, 09:13   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
On the contrary, it IS being negative. We all know what you think - you have said the same thing over and over again ad nauseam. There is no point whatsoever in starting a thread such as this, except to express further your own negativity.

Leam Richardson is the manager. He needs - and deserves - our full support.
The best thing for Leam is to be removed from his current position at the club,
the best thing for the club would be to remove Leam from his current position.

So why are the board acting so slowly? Games are running out.

If we go into the Barnet and Wimbledon games in the bottom 2 and desperate for the wins, the pressure on the players will be huge.
Old 17-02-2013, 09:28   #19
Senior Member+

Liam HAS to go. Hes not a manager. Obviously id love Coleman back! But im not actually that bothered about John coming back! i just want another manager whos ACTUALLY a manager and has managerial skills! Sammy Mac would be one for example! Get someone in as a last resort now to shake up the team and to try and get results.

Colemans dream was to get into the football league, if he did come back then he'd do everything and anything not to go down!

How about John as Manager and Liam as Assistant. Id love that.

Old 17-02-2013, 09:41   #20
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Ok so were do stanley get the money from to pay off Leam's remaining 2yr contract and then pay the wages of a new manager!! jc wont come cheap nor will anyone else for that matter.
Whatever you think of Leam's tenure - if you want him out then you have to answer this question first. We put league football before finance once before and look what happened...

...I am yet to see anyone calling for Leam's head construct an answer to this question and without it the argument is futile.
stanley convert likes this.
Old 17-02-2013, 10:22   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The best thing for Lean is to be removed from his current position at the club,
the best thing for the club would be to remove Team from his current position.

So why are the board acting so slowly? Games are running out.

If we go into the Barnet and Wimbledon games in the bottom 2 and desperate for the wins, the pressure on the players will be huge.
your assuming too much, you don't even know if Coleman wants to come back. its a bit futile sacking Liam and Coleman saying no thank you, very few managers or players go back over old ground
Old 17-02-2013, 10:42   #22
Senior Member+

Your assuming Leam would not do the right thing and resign for the greater good of the club?
Your assuming he would leave the club , why would he not move back into a coaching role?
He will never be a threat to an experienced manager like Coleman.

Also what is cheaper, leam or relegation?
That question only considers the financial argument.
Old 17-02-2013, 10:49   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
We put league football before finance once before and look what happened...

and herein lies the answer to our current conundrum. We can't afford to throw money (paying up a managers contract, getting big money strikers in etc) at hoping we stay up.

We'd lose money by going down for sure, but we'd also be able to cut our cloth accordingly in a league where we wouldn't be the financial whipping boys.

Club before status every time for me and I'm sorry Davo but you are insanely boring keeping papping on about changing the manager. If we're going down then we'll go down with dignity and our honours intact and we'll start again with Leam still driving the boat.

I love to bore the arse of people with stats and I'm positive that Leam is statistically the worst manager we've had, but I wouldn't dishonour a current and popular manager by putting up the stats. If he does a Cook and runs off with his tail between his legs then I'd shame him with the numbers. But he hasn't done and he's man enough to stand there and let fans like you take a pop at him. So just accept the fact that he isn't getting the bullet, won't be getting the bullet so its utterly pointless polishing your pistol anymore.
Old 17-02-2013, 11:00   #24
Senior Member+

Another loyalty / honour / dignity (delete where applicable) reply.

Accrington Stanley will rerurn to being no more to the footballing world than a club in a famous milk advert.
All the hardwork to get into the football league will be undone if the board follows the illogical mindset of some fans who are happy with 2nd best.
Old 17-02-2013, 11:04   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Another loyalty / honour / dignity (delete where applicable) reply.

Accrington Stanley will rerurn to being no more to the footballing world than a club in a famous milk advert.
All the hardwork to get into the football league will be undone if the board follows the illogical mindset of some fans who are happy with 2nd best.
Excuse me asking but how old are you, from what you've wrote on this forum I'm guessing your not in your twenties yet
Old 17-02-2013, 11:26   #26
God Member

hang on, lets just agree with Davo for a minute then.

Leam has been sacked and received a pay off off somewhere between £50-100k. So has some of the staff that are only here because of him.
We'll bring in a new manager and a new team on probably more money than Leam

We still might not get results, we might still get relegated, we might then sack the new manager and his new team and the whole debacle has cost us tens of thousands of pounds that we can ill afford. We're still in the Conference, with even less money and reputation all the worse for it.

Get a grip fella, its tedious.
AccyMad, jaysay, Redash and 1 others like this.
Old 17-02-2013, 11:42   #27

Here's an idea if Coleman or bell really love this club. Come back for free initially with a bonus if they keep Stanley up and an offer of employment if they want it in league 2 next year. I am sure they wudnt if we suffered relegation. Keep leam on he wud have some1 to shadow and pick the brains of for the next 3 months and if the worst happens Coleman and bell can walk away with heads held high knowing they had done everything they cud to preserve there previous good work. We cud then revert to leam for the start of the conference
Old 17-02-2013, 11:55   #28
Full Member+

Sorry rude - dog . We should not expect anyone to work for free . Would you . If it a volunteer thats different. We all have the club at heart but come on. Paul Cook walked away after a short spell , he now called the snake . Leam as stood by his team through thick and thin , and now some fans are after his head . Just what do the fans want, there is no pleaseing .In a perfect world we would win every single game . We do not have the finances , so lets be realistic,Leam is doing his best, leave the lad alone. Some of the referrees we have had have been very bias with Stanley , it not always the team and management.
stanley convert likes this.
Old 17-02-2013, 12:10   #29

One of the great things about football is that it divides opinion and one of the great things about the people who post on this forum is that, whatever their opinion, we all have the good of Accrington Stanley at heart and care about what happens to our club.

The point made about finances if Leam was paid off is a good one and if this is a route the board wish to take, there are options in how this could be structured as opposed to a one off significant cash.

Given the recent run of results, I'd expect the board to be active right now in reviewing the manage's position, and in doing so, there are many factors to be taken into consideration - the cost of any payoffs versus the likelihood the new incumbent would improve results versus the reduction in income that relegation would bring versus the vision the board have for the club etc.

I don't particularly want John and Jimmy back at the club and I do think that the job is beyond Leam's capability at this stage in his career. I'd like the board to show real leadership and as a hierarchy be active and be seen to be active in directing us out of our current predicament and staying in the football league. This won't happen if we continue our current policy of sitting and hoping it will be alright.
Old 17-02-2013, 12:24   #30
Senior Member+

Its the referee's fault now?
Get real.

How do we know it will cost 50 - 100k?
Shouldnt the board have to face the cost themselves for making the disastrous decision to make Leam manager?
How can you expect coley and jimmy to work for free?
the ball is in Leams court if our board dont have the courage to act.
If he is humble enough to reflect and accept this is not the right job for him, then he should walk.
If he still thinks he is the man for the job, he needs to get points on the board startind on Saturday.
I would suggest his bigger immediate problem may be the dressing room who no longer rate him.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..