View Single Post
Old 17-02-2013, 12:10   #29
Jeg Red

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

One of the great things about football is that it divides opinion and one of the great things about the people who post on this forum is that, whatever their opinion, we all have the good of Accrington Stanley at heart and care about what happens to our club.

The point made about finances if Leam was paid off is a good one and if this is a route the board wish to take, there are options in how this could be structured as opposed to a one off significant cash.

Given the recent run of results, I'd expect the board to be active right now in reviewing the manage's position, and in doing so, there are many factors to be taken into consideration - the cost of any payoffs versus the likelihood the new incumbent would improve results versus the reduction in income that relegation would bring versus the vision the board have for the club etc.

I don't particularly want John and Jimmy back at the club and I do think that the job is beyond Leam's capability at this stage in his career. I'd like the board to show real leadership and as a hierarchy be active and be seen to be active in directing us out of our current predicament and staying in the football league. This won't happen if we continue our current policy of sitting and hoping it will be alright.