Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2016, 09:12   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Leyton Orient Match Thread

Well my first home game in a year or so, looking forward to it.

Nice to see a couple of load additions to give us something different.

COME ON THE REDS!
monkey hanger likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2016, 09:18   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Yeh wont regret it smudge imho. i'm bringing a couple of WBA fans,lol
Old 25-03-2016, 10:02   #18
God Member

no excuses today for a good turnout. decent day, no other local games and decent opponents and a couple of new signings. roll on 3pm.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 10:29   #19
Senior Member+

These two look like astute signings.
Let's hope for a good gate today and a great atmosphere to spur our boys on to another WIN

Please also have a look at my recent thread this morning........

Chance to WIN a SEASON TICKET FOR NEXT SEASON 2016/17 !!!!!!!!!!

ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 13:16   #20
Senior Member+

I see Tarique was a regular player for fleetwood through Nov & Dec, looks a very good young player
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 14:55   #21
Senior Member+

Plymouth, Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers all winning !...? Need a win ourselves .
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 16:00   #22
Senior Member+

1-0 brilliant. 3 more points
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 16:15   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I see Tarique was a regular player for fleetwood through Nov & Dec, looks a very good young player
Yep so why on bench when jimmys nephew had a complete stinker?
Old 25-03-2016, 16:48   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yep so why on bench when jimmys nephew had a complete stinker?
Don't know which match you were watching Cashy (and I am no McConville lover) but I thought he had a half decent game today. OK should have scored 2 goals but his movement and passing were generally good. IMHO if anyone would have gone off, I would have taken Mingoia off, he had a quiet game by his standards. However, the boss did not see fit to make any changes and for once I agree with him. At times it was backs to the wall, but in the end we got what we deserved, 3 points, pity Cambridge and Morecambe could not help us out!. Smashing game, decent crowd (555 from East London apparently), is the word getting out around Accy that exciting times could be ahead for the end of season run in?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 17:03   #25
Senior Member+

Gritty battling performance and I thought we managed the game brilliantly .
It was obvious from the start the bobbly pitch would dictate how both teams would play, and it was a cat and mouse game with both teams looking to counter attack.
We eventually got on the front foot ,created all the chances and defended as a unit.
They have prem league experienced players and up and coming players(on loan),add the leagues top scorer and this shows how good we played.
Top of the tree for me was Kee and Pearson,absolute monsters,but you could pick anyone
AccyMad, baldy, choirboy and 1 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 18:29   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Gritty battling performance and I thought we managed the game brilliantly .
It was obvious from the start the bobbly pitch would dictate how both teams would play, and it was a cat and mouse game with both teams looking to counter attack.
We eventually got on the front foot ,created all the chances and defended as a unit.
They have prem league experienced players and up and coming players(on loan),add the leagues top scorer and this shows how good we played.
Top of the tree for me was Kee and Pearson,absolute monsters,but you could pick anyone
I agree with your observations Football 19. I too thought that it was a hard fought win against a well marshalled team. Yes, Kee and Pearson were both superb! Billy wins balls that you simply think he should not get to! His ability to get in front of his bigger opponents is awesome. Not only that but he chests the ball down and often goes past his defender or lays off superbly to Shay, Pierro or Sean!.... Awesome! Coley did so well to sign him on this season!
Matt Pearson was in the thick of everything down our left side. He defended superbly against tricky opponents but also knew when to put the ball over the main stand roof!
For me Pierro was brilliant again! Always threatening their defence and working so hard defensively, chasing back and hustling opponents into making mistakes and winning throw ins. About 10 minutes from time Pierro chased down an opponent, won the ball and attacked, winning a corner and he just doubled over with absolut fatigue! Then he was up and running as soon as play got underway again. His spirit epitomised the spirit of the whole eleven today.
Brad Halliday was another who ran himself into the ground. Late on, he got fouled by their full back high up the pitch, and as the full back rampaged forward I was urging someone from our midfield or defence to cover for Brad and to get a 'tackle in'..... but who got that important tackle in.?....Brad Halliday! Who had chased back, and not only did he get the tackle in, but he won the ball cleanly and then started another attack via Pierro!...... Awesome team spirit!
Ross had a solid game in goal but I hope that the knock he took late on is nothing serious. Hughes and Davies at the centre of our defence were rock solid and their forwards hardly got a sniff on our goal! The midfield players too worked so hard in order to compete for the ball against a well drilled unit including the quality of Kevin Nolan. The midfield might not be as slick as when Windass and Crooks were in fine form but there certainly is no lack of industry there. Seamus for me had another super game! He is so cool. He never panics even when in tight corners, and is so astute with his passes! Brown worked so hard and now looks fully match fit and he took his goal superbly, drilling the ball low and hard to score a well deserved goal!
Shay and Sean also ran their socks off and although Sean made a couple of wrong decisions when getting into scoring positions I have to say that he fully played his part in the win today. With a bit of luck he could have a had a hat trick!
In conclusion then, it was an impressive victory and was so important as some of the other teams around us a had good results too.
There was a super atmosphere on the Clayton End and it was great to see more turning out to see the REDVOLUTION IN ACTION
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE BIG PUSH GOING
AccyMad likes this.
Old 25-03-2016, 18:33   #27
Senior Member+

Highlights... Accrington 1-0 Leyton Orient | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
choirboy likes this.
Old 25-03-2016, 18:59   #28

Great entertainment great game an a great win for the Stanley, value for money if I have ever seen it, well done to mr Coleman an mr bell tactics spot on today against an in form team , cashman I have to disagree with you about mr mcconville he was excellent today although he missed a couple of chances he had a smashing game, also in billy kee we have the best striker in league 2 he was immense today, roll on Newport an hopefully another 3 points.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 18:59   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post

Just watched the video Baldy,
which showed lots of Stanley chances but none from The Orient!
Billy's chest down lay off for Scott Brown's goal was sublime!

Oooh ahhh Cantona.......by 'eck Paul Beck!!!
Old 25-03-2016, 19:43   #30
God Member

McConville SHOULD have scored two, he played two AWFUL passes, but the rest of his game is spot on. He tucks in, tracks back, plays the tippy tappy stuff - all the things that he (and Piero) are asked to do. THAT is why he is picked every week. If he can do the frilly stuff on top then he gets a pay rise or a move. Piero WILL move on to bigger and better because he does his job plus extra. Sean does his job better than the alternatives but unfortunately hasn't got the frilly stuff on enough abundance to deter his detractors.
AccyMad likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..