View Single Post
Old 25-03-2016, 18:29   #26
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Leyton Orient Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Gritty battling performance and I thought we managed the game brilliantly .
It was obvious from the start the bobbly pitch would dictate how both teams would play, and it was a cat and mouse game with both teams looking to counter attack.
We eventually got on the front foot ,created all the chances and defended as a unit.
They have prem league experienced players and up and coming players(on loan),add the leagues top scorer and this shows how good we played.
Top of the tree for me was Kee and Pearson,absolute monsters,but you could pick anyone
I agree with your observations Football 19. I too thought that it was a hard fought win against a well marshalled team. Yes, Kee and Pearson were both superb! Billy wins balls that you simply think he should not get to! His ability to get in front of his bigger opponents is awesome. Not only that but he chests the ball down and often goes past his defender or lays off superbly to Shay, Pierro or Sean!.... Awesome! Coley did so well to sign him on this season!
Matt Pearson was in the thick of everything down our left side. He defended superbly against tricky opponents but also knew when to put the ball over the main stand roof!
For me Pierro was brilliant again! Always threatening their defence and working so hard defensively, chasing back and hustling opponents into making mistakes and winning throw ins. About 10 minutes from time Pierro chased down an opponent, won the ball and attacked, winning a corner and he just doubled over with absolut fatigue! Then he was up and running as soon as play got underway again. His spirit epitomised the spirit of the whole eleven today.
Brad Halliday was another who ran himself into the ground. Late on, he got fouled by their full back high up the pitch, and as the full back rampaged forward I was urging someone from our midfield or defence to cover for Brad and to get a 'tackle in'..... but who got that important tackle in.?....Brad Halliday! Who had chased back, and not only did he get the tackle in, but he won the ball cleanly and then started another attack via Pierro!...... Awesome team spirit!
Ross had a solid game in goal but I hope that the knock he took late on is nothing serious. Hughes and Davies at the centre of our defence were rock solid and their forwards hardly got a sniff on our goal! The midfield players too worked so hard in order to compete for the ball against a well drilled unit including the quality of Kevin Nolan. The midfield might not be as slick as when Windass and Crooks were in fine form but there certainly is no lack of industry there. Seamus for me had another super game! He is so cool. He never panics even when in tight corners, and is so astute with his passes! Brown worked so hard and now looks fully match fit and he took his goal superbly, drilling the ball low and hard to score a well deserved goal!
Shay and Sean also ran their socks off and although Sean made a couple of wrong decisions when getting into scoring positions I have to say that he fully played his part in the win today. With a bit of luck he could have a had a hat trick!
In conclusion then, it was an impressive victory and was so important as some of the other teams around us a had good results too.
There was a super atmosphere on the Clayton End and it was great to see more turning out to see the REDVOLUTION IN ACTION
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE BIG PUSH GOING
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote