Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2021, 20:44   #31
Full Member+

Re: Lincoln papa John's thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Lincoln first team were not playing tonight was only 3 or 4 of them played last sat, not a shock but there squad is much stronger than ours. fact.
I’d count again Cashy, I made it 8 of their 11 tonight started their last league game.
The 3 that didn’t,
Melbourne - 12 games this season
Gotts - 15 games this season
Elbouzedi - 5 games.

They played their first team.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2021, 21:06   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
I’d count again Cashy, I made it 8 of their 11 tonight started their last league game.
The 3 that didn’t,
Elbouzedi - 5 games.

In our 18 tonight we had 11 out of Friday,s 18 in there no excuses just a very poor performance and disappointed not for losing or going out of the competition but by the very fact we were so poor all over the pitch, let's hope it's put behind us and we continue our fine form in the league.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 21:23   #33
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
In our 18 tonight we had 11 out of Friday,s 18 in there no excuses just a very poor performance and disappointed not for losing or going out of the competition but by the very fact we were so poor all over the pitch, let's hope it's put behind us and we continue our fine form in the league.
Oh behave Andy, in our starting 11 we had 1 from Friday.
Let’s not beat around the bush here.....
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 12-01-2021, 22:02   #34

We all must have now worked out the plan tonight.

And so onto Saturday.....
AccyMad likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 22:02   #35
God Member

Quote:
Oh behave Andy, in our starting 11 we had 1 from Friday.
Let’s not beat around the bush here.....
No around the bush we were well beaten and we move on will the experience do the youngsters any good depends on how well you take being hammered, Perritt looks a decent player and he was far from match fit, young Fenlon could be a find, Zehn seen him a few times now not a bad player but far from good enough for league 1 just not our night as a team didn't perform at all we move on.
Old 12-01-2021, 23:49   #36

I'm disappointed by tonight's result but not exactly surprised.
Let's face it, it's no fluke the Imps are top of the league & when the draw was made I thought it was the worst one possible.
I won't be losing any sleep about exiting the EFL Trophy if it means maintaining our current momentum in the league.
I'm certain the team feel terrible about tonight's defeat. Let's hope it doubles their determination to do better come Saturday.
T.B.H, our first round exit from the FA Cup was a bitter pill to swallow, but if we end up in the play-offs - or better; which Stanley fan will remember or care?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 04:53   #37
God Member

Just hope that this does not knock us back....

It is a defeat, regardless of players picked.....

Let us see what happens next League game

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 07:45   #38
God Member

After listening to Coley,s interview this morning I am convinced he is of the same opinion as me disappointed with display and defeat concerns about exiting the Papa John's cup not one bit.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:41   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip;
T.B.H, our first round exit from the FA Cup [I
was[/I] a bitter pill to swallow, but if we end up in the play-offs - or better; which Stanley fan will remember or care?
being knocked out of the fa cup and pappy johns last night certainly did not have me losing any sleep. lost any real interest years ago with either competition to be honest. given the choice i,d take a 4 nil win over the fatty,s 11 on saturday well before last night. never actually checked the score till the game was over.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 08:46   #40
God Member

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1249049]I still think we have good strength in depth, take maybe 7 or 8 or the lads playing tonight and replace 1 regular first team player and they’d do a job - similar to how Harvey has replaced Ross.
Weakness shows when you replace majority of team.

thats totally true when you play a changed or weakened side whatever you want to call it. just the same when these premier league teams who go down the same road in other cup competitions get beaten by lesser sides.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 10:25   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The 3 that didn’t,
Elbouzedi - 5 games.

cant check it cannot see lincolns starting x1 for last night now?
Old 13-01-2021, 10:40   #42
God Member

Quote:
cant check it cannot see lincolns starting x1 for last night now?
They played a strong side Cashy but a lot of their players are isolated hence only 4 on bench plus they have no game Saturday due to opposition got Covid, on the night they thoroughly deserved there victory and the man of the match to me was the lad on loan from Leeds himself only 21. Our team I know had 10 changes and when I saw the lineup I expected defeat but not an average time of below 4 scores including the " big guns who came on ", to me you grab a chance by both feet but to be honest a lot of them just not good enough on the night.
Old 13-01-2021, 12:18   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
They played a strong side Cashy but a lot of their players are isolated hence only 4 on bench plus they have no game Saturday due to opposition got Covid, on the night they thoroughly deserved there victory and the man of the match to me was the lad on loan from Leeds himself only 21. Our team I know had 10 changes and when I saw the lineup I expected defeat but not an average time of below 4 scores including the " big guns who came on ", to me you grab a chance by both feet but to be honest a lot of them just not good enough on the night.
to be honest most of em are not good enough full stop. that may upset a few but its what i think.
duckworth and andyd like this.
Old 13-01-2021, 16:39   #44
Full Member+

Quote:
to be honest most of em are not good enough full stop. that may upset a few but its what i think.
Who?
Old 13-01-2021, 16:58   #45
God Member

Quote:
Squad of 33 2 out on loan 1 out for season probably leaves 30 we are pushing top end of league 1 if planning ahead with a possibility of going up a league out if that 30 you have possibly 22 who are good enough at this moment in time to be in the 18 with the amount of games to fit in and bad weather looming again no wonder Coley is looking to bring in. We have a few who are only 17 ish one of whom Fenlon was better than most last night , players like Ogle 22 in March Mohammed 20 should not there fault have appearances under their belts now, Harry Pickering has an example at Crewe at 21 has well over 120 appearances hence Blackburn interest. Stanley have a low budget and our squad has performed miracles but some of our youngest members are probably on very low wages. The academy is still relatively new and Savin, Sykes are 2 examples of how well we do but football is about opinions and not everyone sees the games the same.

Last edited by andyd; 13-01-2021 at 17:00.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..