Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2021, 17:06   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Lincoln papa John's thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Who?
well if yeh dont know i feel sorry for you.
andyd likes this.
Old 13-01-2021, 17:20   #47
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well if yeh dont know i feel sorry for you.
Maguire & Sama for me. You?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 18:19   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yer first name yeh unsure about sama, the one yeh keep on about i think is poor.
Old 13-01-2021, 18:33   #49
God Member

Quote:
yer first name yeh unsure about sama, the one yeh keep on about i think is poor.
For what it's worth my thoughts and marks out of 10 on last night:-
Savin 6
Perritt 4
Mohammed.3
Hughes 5
Sama 3
Maguire 3
Uwakawe 5
Barclay 5
Roberts 4
Cassidy 5
Fenlon 6

Subs:- Charles 4, Pritchard 4, Bishop 4, Bolton 4,
Butcher 5,
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 18:51   #50
Full Member+

Quote:
Conneely didn’t play mate
Haha joking... presume you mean Zehn?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 19:21   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

conneely is playing much better these days, something like when he first came here,yep i do mean the other guy think hes not a league standard player by any means.
Old 14-01-2021, 09:20   #52
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd; The academy is still relatively new and Savin, Sykes are 2 examples of how well we do but football is about opinions and not everyone sees the games the same.[/QUOTE]

finding 2 players in a short time to become regular starter for the first team from the youth system is something many sides just dream of. looks good for the future as prospective players know they,d get a chance at stanley if they do their jobs.
StanleyJosh likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 10:00   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Squad of 33 2 out on loan 1 out for season probably leaves 30 we are pushing top end of league 1 if planning ahead with a possibility of going up a league out if that 30 you have possibly 22 who are good enough at this moment in time to be in the 18 with the amount of games to fit in and bad weather looming again no wonder Coley is looking to bring in. We have a few who are only 17 ish one of whom Fenlon was better than most last night , players like Ogle 22 in March Mohammed 20 should not there fault have appearances under their belts now, Harry Pickering has an example at Crewe at 21 has well over 120 appearances hence Blackburn interest. Stanley have a low budget and our squad has performed miracles but some of our youngest members are probably on very low wages. The academy is still relatively new and Savin, Sykes are 2 examples of how well we do but football is about opinions and not everyone sees the games the same.
It is about opinions and I do take issue with 22 of the squad being good enough for the Championship.
If we were to reach the promised land then big decisions need to be made financially.
Run with what we've got and deal with the consequences or invest and give it a go.
Anyway back to reality and where we are.
Eagerly awaiting transfer window developments and where we try and strengthen.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 10:30   #54
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1249088] , players like Ogle 22 in March Mohammed 20 should not there fault have appearances under their belts now, Harry Pickering has an example at Crewe at 21 has well over 120 appearances hence Blackburn interest. Stanley have a low budget and our squad has performed miracles but some of our youngest members are probably on very low wages.

can look at this two ways. with the possibility of low wages being played is it a good thing for future signings to see that players like this are not disguarded by the club at the first opportunity given. then on the other hand are they really up to it and are taking places of others to get their chances.
Old 14-01-2021, 10:34   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It is about opinions and I do take issue with 22 of the squad being good enough for the Championship.
If we were to reach the promised land then big decisions need to be made financially.
Run with what we've got and deal with the consequences or invest and give it a go.
Anyway back to reality and where we are.
Eagerly awaiting transfer window developments and where we try and strengthen.
22 good enough for the squad not the championship.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 11:20   #56
Senior Member+

That's the unsolvable problem of what you do with a team that's good enough to get you promotion, but which you suspect is not good enough to survive. Give them the chance to play at the higher level and see what they're made of, or cold-heartedly dump them and start again?

Rather similar to the cry of "he's taken the club as far as he can" which tends to arise whenever a certain manager climbs up yet another level .

I still remember being called up for a rare first team appearance for my hockey club towards the end of one season when they had a chance of promotion. The captain's pre-match team talk basically said we needed to get promotion so the club could recruit better players. He didn't actually say "so I don't need to pick you lot any more", but you could hear him thinking it ......
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-01-2021, 18:29   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

looking back on the game think young fenlon will make a good un in a couple of years,
Old 15-01-2021, 09:31   #58
God Member

[QUOTE=Chimer;1249112]That's the unsolvable problem of what you do with a team that's good enough to get you promotion, but which you suspect is not good enough to survive. Give them the chance to play at the higher level and see what they're made of, or cold-heartedly dump them and start again?

if they never get the chance then no one knows if any player can perform at a higher level. there are players you think would but sometimes its the others who are more succesful. thats whats wrong with the window system where managers cannot keep everyone to give em a chance in newly promoted sides but have to get the majority of a new squad up and running pre season.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..