Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2008, 11:27   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Unhappy Match Day Mascot

Match day mascot for home games!!!!! Liam any up date on this or are you still working on it its half way through the season yet you stated on this forum that it would be up and running ,lets see was it 2months ago and by the club at the start of the season .as i recall part of the young eagles deal,your thought's please

Last edited by mab; 31-12-2008 at 11:32.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-12-2008, 11:43   #2
mab
God Member

Re: Match Day Mascot

And in case you cant remember what you put her it is... 08-10-2008, 17:20 #5 Liam Smith
Junior Member+

The Junior Eagles membership is due for a big shake up with lots of new things and loads of new goodies for the children. The draw is in place but when the new Junior Eagles membership gets up and running in the next couple of weeks, the mascot will be drawn on the pitch at half time at every home game.

Keep an eye on the Community Team Page, our page in the programme and the official website for the launch of the new Junior Eagles membership packs

and have checked the community Team page nothing
Old 05-01-2009, 09:17   #3
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Match day mascot for home games!!!!! Liam any up date on this or are you still working on it its half way through the season yet you stated on this forum that it would be up and running ,lets see was it 2months ago and by the club at the start of the season .as i recall part of the young eagles deal,your thought's please
Mab,

My thoughts are that I'm bringing in 50 children on a matchday rather than concentrating on just the one or two. These 50 children are all now Stanley fans and have dumped their season tickets to Blackburn Rovers and Burnley to come to every Stanley home game. These 50 children are all each paying £10 pounds therefore thats £500 profit every matchday.

And I'm not being big headed but the matchday club is the biggest success in the club right now whether you have noticed or not.

The Junior Eagles will be sorted this month as I'm waiting on a few people sorting things out.

Thanks.
Liam Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 17:46   #4
God Member

Think there is definately a problem with the Google Page Ranking at stanley & not to blow on a great thing but thought should be taken before publically speaking on any platform representing ASFC, as much as the match day thing is being successful but at the expense of the junior eagles whom at the beginning of the season were promised as said on fishy site a chance of being mascot now to be told its bypassed for the other promotion started well into the season - therefore letting kids & parents down again demoralising confidence on one scale.

Great that youth support is finally getting thro into stanley but yes but dont forget to upheld any promo's or promises at start of season, see it time again as with season tickets for eg.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 21:31   #5
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Smith View Post
Mab,

My thoughts are that I'm bringing in 50 children on a matchday rather than concentrating on just the one or two. These 50 children are all now Stanley fans and have dumped their season tickets to Blackburn Rovers and Burnley to come to every Stanley home game. These 50 children are all each paying £10 pounds therefore thats £500 profit every matchday.

And I'm not being big headed but the matchday club is the biggest success in the club right now whether you have noticed or not.

The Junior Eagles will be sorted this month as I'm waiting on a few people sorting things out.

Thanks.
Thank you for your thoughts Liam. [Quote]The Junior Eagles will be sorted this month as I'm waiting on a few people sorting things out.[unquote] this is what i wanted to know thank you. I just hope none of the parents of the children read the above liam!! and by the way the one or two as you call them go to every home game and have done for afew seasons now and to a few away games with me so let me concentrate on doing whats right, so when my youngest asks again i,ll just tell him Liam isnt intrested in you
Old 06-01-2009, 06:07   #6
God Member

Your talents are wasted at the FES Liam .

Master of spin ;

Quote:
These 50 children are all now Stanley fans and have dumped their season tickets to Blackburn Rovers and Burnley to come to every Stanley home game.
Business Guru ;

Quote:
These 50 children are all each paying £10 pounds therefore thats £500 profit every matchday.
No costs then ? It was only recently you raised the charge to pay for higher hall charges

You're still missing the point of Mab's issue though.
Old 06-01-2009, 20:34   #7
Full Member+

I'm still waiting to be a mascot at Stanley!

I'm 24 now lol

But i'm not reet tall so maybe my day will come.
Old 06-01-2009, 21:09   #8
Senior Member+

I'm going to dress you up and put you on the pitch on Saturday Gaz.
Old 06-01-2009, 21:20   #9
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I'm going to dress you up and put you on the pitch on Saturday Gaz.
I can not begin to say what is wrong with that sentence Monkey of Tin

Old 06-01-2009, 21:23   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
I can not begin to say what is wrong with that sentence Monkey of Tin

i could say, but am too diplomatic.
Old 06-01-2009, 22:33   #11
God Member

Why not sponser Kipp for Mascot, he's there every match day's.
Say £1 for Worzall Gomage.....£2 for Carlo Marx.....and £3 for the Wizard of Oz.
That should earn a few bob?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 22:48   #12
God Member

YES, YES, YES!

Kipax in fancy dress, different suit every game!!!! I am sure the local fancy dress shop would help out in return for an advert on his back!

response please Kipax
Old 06-01-2009, 22:53   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
YES, YES, YES!

Kipax in fancy dress, different suit every game!!!! I am sure the local fancy dress shop would help out in return for an advert on his back!

response please Kipax
Macca I apolgise....No 2 should be Groucho Marx?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 17:56   #14
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Smith View Post
Well it's getting towards the end of the month so you must have something to announce very soon or has Eric banned you from posting or even signing on the forum???

I want my bloody money back, my son has had nothing but empty promises from the club and along with me will not be getting a season ticket next year, what a con.

Junior Eagles my ar*e, you're not interested are you Mr Whalley???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 20:28   #15

Not good
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..