Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2013, 16:17   #31
God Member

Re: merchandise

I do like both the Samurai sportswear in fact the training tops from when we moved to them two years ago are still in as good condition as when they were new but we never seemed to have enough choice in various things with them.

I also don't mind the Stanley Branded stuff either the white training top with red flash on the sleeves that Dave has produced for the shop are very good likewise the one's the players wore during warm up before the Rochdale game, the black hats with red trim and the crest on the front are certainly the best I have worn.

So for me it's all about a decent mix and certainly don't mind perhaps having to wait a week or two for items if I want them and perhaps there not in stock.

It is a balancing act with the online stuff but even perhaps if somebody was employed one day a week with a list of orders to send out and can handle a few emails answering fans requests it would be better than nothing surely?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2013, 16:52   #32
God Member

The Beauty of Dave being a Local Supplier is his reaction time will be quicker than most, can react to certain thing that may happen "Passion Overcomes Logic" willing to do on a sale or return and gives Stanley a presence in the heart of where they should be in the Town wish I had Suppliers like that.

The next lesson to learn is know you market what sells and what doesn't surely there must be an inventory somewhere at the Club on the C360 would be the most obvious?

Also if you buying something from the other side of the World for Stock know your lead times or maybe just stick to stock items?

Also no minimum order quantities and freight charges kept to a minimum

Procurement lesson for today

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 30-09-2013 at 16:56.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 20:14   #33
God Member

on the line of what Shakey was on about, the last time I got involved with merchandise one item I never got around to doing, but was next on the list to look at, was some kind of formal shirts with a club crest stitched onto it - but in the same colour as the shirt. That way it is emblazoned but not 'in yer face' and can be worn out on a Friday night. If I remember right Rovers did one at the time, but probably quite a few do them as well.
Old 30-09-2013, 20:47   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
It is a balancing act with the online stuff but even perhaps if somebody was employed one day a week with a list of orders to send out and can handle a few emails answering fans requests it would be better than nothing surely?

Mr T has advised, a number of times, that a phone call to 01254 356950
or an email to [email protected] to request information about
a purchase would be a way forward.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 20:53   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post

Gildan seems to be a good make for unbranded shirts - its what the best of my band t shirts are printed on
It's what we sell most of
Old 30-09-2013, 22:06   #36
Senior Member+

the Samurai stuff looks rubbish when compared to the big sports manufacturers products.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Which black hoodie was it ? When you get chance let me know what make it is.
I bought a black hoodie 2 or 3 years ago, which has washed really well and still like new. A lot of people have since asked about it when I wear it and said they never saw it for sale and really liked it. I must admit, I only saw it in the shop the once.

It just has the badge on enbroidered in a white / silver thread. Would get another and i know others who would if they were available again.

Just found photo of it.

http://media.see-email.com/ACR1568DV...ges/271l-1.jpg

Last edited by smobile; 01-10-2013 at 06:31.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54   #38

This is the one I have got. http://media.see-email.com/ACR1568DV...ges/332l-1.jpg
McKayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 17:33   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I bought a black hoodie 2 or 3 years ago, which has washed really well and still like new. A lot of people have since asked about it when I wear it and said they never saw it for sale and really liked it. I must admit, I only saw it in the shop the once.

It just has the badge on enbroidered in a white / silver thread. Would get another and i know others who would if they were available again.

Just found photo of it.

Geezzz ,I LIKE that hoodie. I'ld have one.
baldy likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 19:20   #40
God Member

Quote:

Just found photo of it.

What's the brand label inside ?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38   #41
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

This from a couple of years back was what I was after, but then with all the hooha with Lew, the line disappeared into the ether, I managed luckily to get a smallish one for Marion.

Black-metal zipper- metal eyelets for the hood drawcord- fairly thickish material-Crest stitched in picked out in silver & black. As to label, it's inside on the right hand side (looking from the front) at the seam about a third of the way up the body from the base, all I can make out is "Wrap", printed over a globe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000006.jpg (500.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg P1000007(1).jpg (257.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-10-2013, 18:39   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
What's the brand label inside ?
Mine is same label as Dave in Germany.

WRAP - worldwide responsible apparel production.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 18:46   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
This from a couple of years back was what I was after, but then with all the hooha with Lew, the line disappeared into the ether, I managed luckily to get a smallish one for Marion.

Black-metal zipper- metal eyelets for the hood drawcord- fairly thickish material-Crest stitched in picked out in silver & black. As to label, it's inside on the right hand side (looking from the front) at the seam about a third of the way up the body from the base, all I can make out is "Wrap", printed over a globe.
Quote:
Mine is same label as Dave in Germany.

WRAP - worldwide responsible apparel production.

Wrap is actually an organisation thingymyjig for ethical production. Looks to me like the are what they call un-tagged, which means anybody can sell them as their own brand.

From Daves description I was thrown by the metal eyelets in the hood, most hoodies don't have them. Anyway I found one of our suppliers who does
Old 17-10-2013, 11:54   #44
God Member

We now have selected 'official' merchandise available in our shop. There is also a new hoodie in the club shop
Old 17-10-2013, 12:04   #45
Senior Member+

Any chance of being able to see this (and hopefully purchase) online? Christmas is not too far away!!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..