Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree157Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2017, 18:09   #121
I am Banned

Re: Morecambe

Just been officially announced he has agreed to take over the club
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2017, 18:13   #122
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Just been officially announced he has agreed to take over the club
Poor Morecambe.
Old 27-01-2017, 18:21   #123
I am Banned

Out of the frying pan straight into the fire R.I.P. MFC
Old 27-01-2017, 18:33   #124
God Member

Can't see him passing the fit & proper person's test but who knows - seems these days as long as someone has a pulse that's enough for the football league
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 18:46   #125
Senior Member+

https://twitter.com/bbclancssport/st...48527688564738

Rivalry aside a do feel quite sorry for the real fans and people at Morecambe!
Kiwi John and monkey hanger like this.
Old 27-01-2017, 20:53   #126
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Can't see him passing the fit & proper person's test but who knows - seems these days as long as someone has a pulse that's enough for the football league
The Oystons , The Venkys and Stephen Vaughan passed that. The bar is set very low !
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 07:24   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
The Oystons , The Venkys and Stephen Vaughan passed that. The bar is set very low !
it certainly is, hope you folk dont suffer fer that fact.
Old 28-01-2017, 08:40   #128
God Member

I think you were set up from the very beginning by Cala.

Unknown Brazilian sets up company to acquire MFC
G250 purchase club using Agreement of Sale rather than actual cash.
Brazilian disappears and another guy transfers ownership of G250 to a Geordie chap under remote rules of Brazilian being unavailable
G250 then agrees to sell itself (including the football club) to Cala

Somewhere in the middle of all this the leisure company owned by previous (or current) FC owner goes into liquidation, taking with it some of the debt of the FC. Presumably this will be bought from the administrators, debt free and at a fraction of its value, by the Newco.

It wouldnt surprise me if Cala was involved right from the beginning and the Brazilian was just a puppet all along
st06nc2 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-01-2017, 09:44   #129
God Member

don,t trust the sods at all. would hate stanley to ever go down the line of foreign ownership no matter what happens in the future. would be the end for me and the club as we know it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 12:02   #130
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I think you were set up from the very beginning by Cala.

Unknown Brazilian sets up company to acquire MFC
G250 purchase club using Agreement of Sale rather than actual cash.
Brazilian disappears and another guy transfers ownership of G250 to a Geordie chap under remote rules of Brazilian being unavailable
G250 then agrees to sell itself (including the football club) to Cala

Somewhere in the middle of all this the leisure company owned by previous (or current) FC owner goes into liquidation, taking with it some of the debt of the FC. Presumably this will be bought from the administrators, debt free and at a fraction of its value, by the Newco.

It wouldnt surprise me if Cala was involved right from the beginning and the Brazilian was just a puppet all along

There's a few theories about and yours is one that has been mentioned.

Calas was interested back in the Summer and then he said the MFC board had decided to go with Diego. It could all have been a cunning plan because he will certainly not have paid very much. In the end we had no choice but go with him.
Old 28-01-2017, 13:10   #131
God Member

As things stand Morecambe Red, i think you're out of time and options and HAVE to take his bid and hope the EFL approve him. Its quite clear that G250 arent going to be paying the bills and I doubt PMG and co would be willing - especially after some of the criticism levelled their way recently.

My thoughts would be towards the future and developing as strong a Trust as possible in readiness for the inevitable battles to come.

We know all too well what damage can be sustained by a complicated off field battle, but at least ours was relatively straight forward. Good luck with it all, I've said many times in the past that many of us have, and will, stand shoulder to shoulder with you and I stand by that.

Even if you're in the Conference by then
Old 28-01-2017, 13:38   #132
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
it was rumoured that the Venkys didn't know that clubs could be relegated from the Premier league, has anyone informed Cala that clubs can be relegated from the football league
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 16:07   #133
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
As things stand Morecambe Red, i think you're out of time and options and HAVE to take his bid and hope the EFL approve him. Its quite clear that G250 arent going to be paying the bills and I doubt PMG and co would be willing - especially after some of the criticism levelled their way recently.

My thoughts would be towards the future and developing as strong a Trust as possible in readiness for the inevitable battles to come.

We know all too well what damage can be sustained by a complicated off field battle, but at least ours was relatively straight forward. Good luck with it all, I've said many times in the past that many of us have, and will, stand shoulder to shoulder with you and I stand by that.

Even if you're in the Conference by then

I agree , no choice but accept Calas Corporation as the new owners. It wasn't the Conference that was looming , it was way back to the start in 8th or 9th tier.
Old 31-01-2017, 14:06   #134
Senior Member+

Pay day today and apparently none of the staff have been paid!
Old 31-01-2017, 15:35   #135
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Pay day today and apparently none of the staff have been paid!
Was payday about a week ago and they wernt paid then either

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..