Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree157Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2016, 19:00   #31
Full Member+

Re: Morecambe

I fully welcome the return discussions. To answer Sherry yes I do know what it takes and cost's to set up an automated ticketing system. But we have to ask how long can we do without it. You are absolutely right Andy will be the one with the ultimate say and so it should be. To answer Baldy, I am not holding onto the disabled concession removal of last season as that ship has sailed. I still believe it was not the best move the club has ever made but it is done. I have choked a little on your wild statement that the turnstiles will be automated to accept season tickets?? was this not said last season when cashless turnstiles were introduced for safety measures? Then the MD was sat in a tent taking cash and issuing tickets. we have received emails recently saying we had to bring the whole book instead of just the ticket so they could be scanned?? it has not happened at the main stand entrance. You quoted that DB acknowledged that the ticketing system was experiencing problems. Ticketing systems used by many other sports venues are in place very quickly and very little in the way of problems, why not us? I accept that there is a lot going on at the club and for the betterment, I am delighted that the income from sponsors is increasing and the food outlets. I think you will find the food outlet suggestions were put forward by the fans and were acted on with a successful conclusion. I think the points I have mentioned are well made in that the supporters are a great source of information. Now as some will always see any criticism of the club's off field management is sacrilege. Then somehow convert that to some kind of attack on Andy Holt really need to take a step back and look at the cold hard reality and act before the problems do get out of hand, How many fans brought a friend to the last few games. The fan base needs to be at the very least 2500+ to maintain the club. Andy Holt can only do so much and we all as fans should do what bit we can to help. If that means offering constructive criticism then so be it. I also offer praise where improvements have been made. The criticisms I have mentioned are really basic stuff. we need to discuss the problems as why people are not coming to the club. If we have to listen to criticism then so be it but it is the way react that counts. It is good that the forum is actually realising there is a problem in attendances and administration even if they are considered temporary. I know we are in the best place we have been since Adam was a lad, Now is the time to push forward, with our brand people should be clamouring for our stuff and football. This is not happening and we need to understand why.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2016, 21:59   #32
Senior Member+

Not sure where which turnstiles you use ChrisR, assuming you haven't seen the Clayton End turnstiles with the barcode scanners?...From what I believe from next season, season tickets will be like the loyalty cards are now and you can just scan your card for each match...!

You say ticketing systems are in place quickly at other sports venues why not us? I think because we didn't have time to give the scanners a trial run before the season due to the tight deadline of the Clayton End being finishes the club was left with no option to issue the books like we had last season instead of just winging it and hoping the new scanners would work without any issues...could have been a nightmare if we had gone down that route!

Dave Burgess 9 times out of 10 is around on match days near the bottom of The Corwn steps before the game if you ever have a problem I'm sure he'd be willing to reassure you!
Old 09-11-2016, 09:12   #33
Senior Member+

Anybody heard if Morecambe players have been paid yet?
Old 09-11-2016, 09:24   #34
God Member

they won,t be the only club i,m sure that can,t pay players wages this season in the lower leagues. bucket rattling at our level v new ferrari purchases in the premier league. for me it stinks.
cashman, DaveinGermany and Chrisr like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:42   #35
Senior Member+

Brings back memories!!!
Must admit when I sat in the main stand ,the "Khan" above the goals always reminded me of Ilyas and the SOS people and how indebted the club was to them.
There's a little bit of sadness it's now been replaced with corporate advertising,but I hope it's never forgotten.
AccyMad, Revived Red and smobile like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:44   #36
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Anybody heard if Morecambe players have been paid yet?
They don't appear to have been paid judging by some player tweets.

We were rumoured to have sold Tom Barkhuizen to PNE for cash now , play for them in January but its not been confirmed.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:53   #37
Senior Member+

I saw Michael Rose' tweet this morning "It's an absolute f*cking shambles, and I'm not even talking about Trump!"

To be fair though F19, if someone is willing to pay good money to advertise, We arnt in a position to turn it down!
Old 09-11-2016, 11:57   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
To be fair though F19, if someone is willing to pay good money to advertise, We arnt in a position to turn it down!
F19 never mentioned turning it down. He said that he hoped that the Khan contribution would never be forgotten. And he is absolutely correct.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 13:45   #39
Senior Member+

Hope Morecambe come through this bad time.

As others have said, would FAR rather play them twice a season than the majority of other League 2 clubs.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 18:35   #40
Senior Member+

Baldy,Revived is spot on,exciting times ahead,but I just hope people remember the past and people who saved Acci.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 19:14   #41
Senior Member+

Sorry mate, i didn't read it properly!

I'm sure the loyal fans will always remember who have helped us in the past!
Old 09-11-2016, 20:01   #42
Full Member+

In answer to Baldy, I use the turnstiles next to the club shop. I do come down the metal steps from the crown. and go back that way. As for talking to DB I think not.
As for the scanners and website, Firstly the scanners can be set up to run quite quickly, As for going live on the website I know this may seem a daunting task but in the simple terms it is an easy site to set up, run . and manage. have a look at some other venues not just football. you have to put the basic seating plan in with the seat numbers and use a colour system for season ticket holders and if a s/t holder decides to bring a friend he/she can book the required seats and by entering the S?T seat no the computer system will allocate the seats and show a released S/T seat for sale for some one else. This saves a loss off possible seat sales. that is just one small example of a live web site benefitting the club. There are other benefits but I won't go into that here. The club needs to promote itself to the world never mind Accrington. We could also stream live matches to the continental fans as well as British Fans for a fee. This could be a club led offer as a package deal perhaps. Fans involvement via the supporters club may help, we all need to help. I am aware that things are not going to well on the pitch at the moment but off the pitch we can do our bit. if you have an idea put it on here and have it scrutinised by the forum.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 21:22   #43
Senior Member+

Morecambe Football Club statement regarding Tom Barkhuizen

Very strange! Gone from "selling a player" to releasing him mid season!
Old 09-11-2016, 21:40   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
In answer to Baldy, I use the turnstiles next to the club shop. I do come down the metal steps from the crown. and go back that way. As for talking to DB I think not.
As for the scanners and website, Firstly the scanners can be set up to run quite quickly, As for going live on the website I know this may seem a daunting task but in the simple terms it is an easy site to set up, run . and manage. have a look at some other venues not just football. you have to put the basic seating plan in with the seat numbers and use a colour system for season ticket holders and if a s/t holder decides to bring a friend he/she can book the required seats and by entering the S?T seat no the computer system will allocate the seats and show a released S/T seat for sale for some one else. This saves a loss off possible seat sales. that is just one small example of a live web site benefitting the club. There are other benefits but I won't go into that here. The club needs to promote itself to the world never mind Accrington. We could also stream live matches to the continental fans as well as British Fans for a fee. This could be a club led offer as a package deal perhaps. Fans involvement via the supporters club may help, we all need to help. I am aware that things are not going to well on the pitch at the moment but off the pitch we can do our bit. if you have an idea put it on here and have it scrutinised by the forum.
This post and those related to and preceding it are very interesting. But I'm not sure what they're doing in a thread about Morecambe's financial difficulties

Whatever, I'm sure the club (especially the person who I suspect runs the website as the 3rd or 4th task in their job description) would happily accept any offer from ChrisR to set up and manage this "simple" online ticketing system .
baldy likes this.
Old 09-11-2016, 21:45   #45
Full Member+

The wages have been paid today so much relief at the Globe tonight.

Club Statement
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..