Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2018, 07:22   #16
God Member

Re: Morecambe Match Thread 6th March 2018 (Rescheduled Match)

Was the ball boy 8ncident than 5 minutes later when Big Baz went to retrieve the ball from the crowd and it was thrown towards the corner flag instead? That was hilarious!

I'm not a fan of cheating per sè but we do seem to excel at gamesmanship, and now we've got fans and ballboys joining in. Going up
Old 07-03-2018, 08:07   #17
God Member

interesting game and for me it flew bye. deserved the 3 points and another clean sheet. never really looked in danger of loosing the lead and got stronger as the second half ended. my only gripe was the corners. how is it every side that roll up at the wham look more dangerous than we do when they get them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:55   #18

..if they think it’s ok to disrupt the game when they are supposedly there to keep it moving.

I may be unsporting but I don't mind it when we try and slow the game down in our favour. I'd be annoyed if our ball balls were assisting the opposition. Remember the Blackburn/Liverpool FA cup tie in the early 90's and the stick the ball girl got for assisting Liverpool in their injury-time equaliser?

We're not the worst. Westley prevented his own players from taking throw ins a couple of weeks ago.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:14   #19
Senior Member+

all a bit futile, gives the club a bad name, and the Ref. will add the time on
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:22   #20
God Member

Well, having just had a peek on the Shrimps forum I think some of their fans were watching a totally different game to me.
Apparently the concensus amongst them is that we dived, faked injuries & generally cheated our way to a win?? My, those grapes are more than a little sour
At the opposite end of the scale, there were two Morecambe fans sat next to us last night & at the end they congratulated us on the win, said we deserved it & they thought & hoped we get the promotion we deserve - what nice chaps
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:50   #21

Can’t say I’m a massive fan of the person who chucked the ball towards the corner flag, but that was his/her personal choice.

The ball boy is different. Presumably he was there with the approval of the club and/or officials and should behave. Imagine if the 4th official grabbed the ball and wouldn’t give it back.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 13:11   #22

Have to say that I would be worried if I was the Accy Board if last nights attendance for a local derby of only 1799 for a team looking set for promotion is anything to go by.

From watching the highlights I wouldn't say that you were that much in control of the game as was suggested BUT you do have this knack of seeing games out which is all credit to your game management.

IF you gain promotion and nothing is certain, you will no doubt suffer in terms of playing budget against the other clubs but that's nothing new for clubs like ours.

As much as it hurts... the best of luck.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 13:18   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Have to say that I would be worried if I was the Accy Board if last nights attendance for a local derby of only 1799 for a team looking set for promotion is anything to go by.

From watching the highlights I wouldn't say that you were that much in control of the game as was suggested BUT you do have this knack of seeing games out which is all credit to your game management.

IF you gain promotion and nothing is certain, you will no doubt suffer in terms of playing budget against the other clubs but that's nothing new for clubs like ours.

Thank you. And no worries - I'm sure the gate will go up by at least 50 a week if we get promoted - as long as we don't start losing .........
Old 07-03-2018, 13:54   #24
Super Moderator

Our home attendance is around 40% up from our recent "norm" of around 1100 home fans.

Upward trend since the Chesterfield game in January.

We also don't count non attending season ticket holders. On a cold Tuesday I would think 100 + don't attend for various good reasons.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 15:58   #25
Full Member+

No mention of the two incidents when the Morecambe players manhandled the ball boys in their urgency to get the ball back in play. The first one saw Sean Mc going to sort the offender.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 16:33   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
No mention of the two incidents when the Morecambe players manhandled the ball boys in their urgency to get the ball back in play. The first one saw Sean Mc going to sort the offender.
Ball Boys are there to provide the ball back to a player as a matter of urgency. My take is that the incident was the fault of the ball boy not returning the ball as quickly as he could. Interestingly a post has already mentioned this and it sounds like he or she agrees with my observation....but what's a minor disagreement among friends....
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 18:33   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post

I thought the difference last night was that you had Kee and Jackson up front and they are a handful for any defence in L2. We don't have the same quality hence we're at the bottom and you're riding high. However like Christies Child says the attendance given where you are was very poor. Yes you have two teams going very well just down the road, but you must have hoped that at a tenner a pop more of the Burnley and Blackburn fans in the town would have made an effort to attend when their own teams wern't playing.
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 18:37   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Also you might have hoped more of your fans had made the effort,? given your magnificent win oer Wycombe away last time out. i certainly thought so.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 07-03-2018, 19:47   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Also you might have hoped more of your fans had made the effort,? given your magnificent win oer Wycombe away last time out. i certainly thought so.
Nah, we've been rank average for quite a while now which has lost us a lot of support. Plus all the issues behind the scenes hasn't helped. Yes we have the occasional amazing result but that on it's own doesn't get the fans back. Living near Accy I just don't see the town being able to support L1 football for long, amazing season ticket offers or not. Of course Andy Holt may have very deep pockets which will help, ala Andy Pilley at Fleetwood. Anyway best of luck to ya, enjoy it while it lasts and I sincerely hope you do a Burton and push on again because it will be good for the area. Just don't see it happening like, but best of luck to ya anyways.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 20:53   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
I thought the difference last night was that you had Kee and Jackson up front and they are a handful for any defence in L2. We don't have the same quality hence we're at the bottom and you're riding high. However like Christies Child says the attendance given where you are was very poor. Yes you have two teams going very well just down the road, but you must have hoped that at a tenner a pop more of the Burnley and Blackburn fans in the town would have made an effort to attend when their own teams wern't playing.
Our attendences are poor but have grown as the season goes on you lot bring less and less every year and there is nothing to suggest you would get bigger gates if you were in our position, but now we have a chairman who hasn't got bottomless pockets but one who has been bitten by the Stanley bug and with his enthusiasm and the staff and fans all pulling together promotion is great if we get there but the bigger achievement will be the improvements to the ground a training complex and a slowly building fan base for a future self subtainable well run club.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..