Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2018, 08:44   #31
God Member

Re: Morecambe Match Thread 6th March 2018 (Rescheduled Match)

The ball boy is different. Presumably he was there with the approval of the club and/or officials and should behave. Imagine if the 4th official grabbed the ball and wouldn’t give it back.[/QUOTE]

heard that westley has made the club an offer for the ball boy.
AccyMad, cashman and maccawozzagod like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2018, 18:22   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
The ball boy is different. Presumably he was there with the approval of the club and/or officials and should behave. Imagine if the 4th official grabbed the ball and wouldn’t give it back.
heard that westley has made the club an offer for the ball boy.[/QUOTE]

Must admit I thought it was strange that the ball boys did what they were supposed to till you went in front then after that they were playing statues and didn't move to return the ball at all. One of them even obstructed a player trying to retrieve the ball. Are you Cheatenage in disguise? Someone must be briefing them to cheat like that, surely after slagging Westley off for years you're not now descending to those sort of tactics? Come on Stanley you're better than that and you don't need these win at all costs tactics. Cheats never prosper in the long run.
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 18:31   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
heard that westley has made the club an offer for the ball boy.
Must admit I thought it was strange that the ball boys did what they were supposed to till you went in front then after that they were playing statues and didn't move to return the ball at all. One of them even obstructed a player trying to retrieve the ball. Are you Cheatenage in disguise? Someone must be briefing them to cheat like that, surely after slagging Westley off for years you're not now descending to those sort of tactics? Come on Stanley you're better than that and you don't need these win at all costs tactics. Cheats never prosper in the long run.[/QUOTE]Is anything like that not up to the match officials to come down on hard?
Old 09-03-2018, 22:13   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Must admit I thought it was strange that the ball boys did what they were supposed to till you went in front then after that they were playing statues and didn't move to return the ball at all. One of them even obstructed a player trying to retrieve the ball. Are you Cheatenage in disguise? Someone must be briefing them to cheat like that, surely after slagging Westley off for years you're not now descending to those sort of tactics? Come on Stanley you're better than that and you don't need these win at all costs tactics. Cheats never prosper in the long run.
Is anything like that not up to the match officials to come down on hard?[/QUOTE]

Not sure really. There's nothing I can think of in the FA rules which say you have to provide ball boys so I guess that what they do is not governed by the officials. It's more of an ethical thing. i.e. If they start off returning the ball they shouldn't just stop when their team go in front in order to waste time. I wouldn't think they've got their own heads together and decided to do this, it has surely come from someone within the club with authority. I've seen thousands of games but have never seen this type of behaviour before. If you are trying to get a lot more youngsters in on a generous season ticket deal that's fine, but if someone at the club is teaching youngsters at the club to cheat then that's not fine and someone needs to sort it out. I obviously don't know if it happens every game or if it was just a one off but it needs stamping out for obvious reasons. Just my opinion like.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:42   #35
God Member

I thought Kevin Ellison was is usually comical self but football wise the most ineffective performance I have witnessed against us maybe Father Time is at last catching up with him.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:58   #36
God Member

Mr.Obsever, that's quite a serious allegation against our club - not excusing the ball boys behaviour if that's what they did, I didn't see it myself but surely you don't seriously think 'someone in authority' told them to do this?
Could it not just be that the youngsters are ardent fans who thought their actions might help their team? Wrong, yes but pre-planned - I don't think so
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:20   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
Is anything like that not up to the match officials to come down on hard?
Not sure really. There's nothing I can think of in the FA rules which say you have to provide ball boys so I guess that what they do is not governed by the officials. It's more of an ethical thing. i.e. If they start off returning the ball they shouldn't just stop when their team go in front in order to waste time. I wouldn't think they've got their own heads together and decided to do this, it has surely come from someone within the club with authority. I've seen thousands of games but have never seen this type of behaviour before. If you are trying to get a lot more youngsters in on a generous season ticket deal that's fine, but if someone at the club is teaching youngsters at the club to cheat then that's not fine and someone needs to sort it out. I obviously don't know if it happens every game or if it was just a one off but it needs stamping out for obvious reasons. Just my opinion like.[/QUOTE]I have never seen anything like that happen before at Stanley or any club, but if you think its possible someone at the club is teaching it, my opinion is you are a slice short of a loaf.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:38   #38
Full Member+

Maybe the lad's have just pick it up from watching the Goalkeepers and Players wasting time with goal kick's, throw in's and pretending to be crippled in nearly every tackle made.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 17:45   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not sure really. There's nothing I can think of in the FA rules which say you have to provide ball boys so I guess that what they do is not governed by the officials. It's more of an ethical thing. i.e. If they start off returning the ball they shouldn't just stop when their team go in front in order to waste time. I wouldn't think they've got their own heads together and decided to do this, it has surely come from someone within the club with authority. I've seen thousands of games but have never seen this type of behaviour before. If you are trying to get a lot more youngsters in on a generous season ticket deal that's fine, but if someone at the club is teaching youngsters at the club to cheat then that's not fine and someone needs to sort it out. I obviously don't know if it happens every game or if it was just a one off but it needs stamping out for obvious reasons. Just my opinion like.
I have never seen anything like that happen before at Stanley or any club, but if you think its possible someone at the club is teaching it, my opinion is you are a slice short of a loaf.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-03-2018, 17:46   #40

Fair enough. Good luck to ya all.
cashman likes this.
Old 11-03-2018, 15:39   #41
Senior Member+

I,m
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 15:43   #42
Senior Member+

I,m sure no one at the club suggests that the ball boys waste time but I,m also sure that they all have dads who talk football to them and "maybe" give them a little advise? Also have you never heard the fans encouraging them to "take your your time lad" under certain circumstances. Laugh it off, don't take it serious, the ref has the watch, leave it to him.
cashman likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..