View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 08:20   #37
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Morecambe Match Thread 6th March 2018 (Rescheduled Match)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
Is anything like that not up to the match officials to come down on hard?
Not sure really. There's nothing I can think of in the FA rules which say you have to provide ball boys so I guess that what they do is not governed by the officials. It's more of an ethical thing. i.e. If they start off returning the ball they shouldn't just stop when their team go in front in order to waste time. I wouldn't think they've got their own heads together and decided to do this, it has surely come from someone within the club with authority. I've seen thousands of games but have never seen this type of behaviour before. If you are trying to get a lot more youngsters in on a generous season ticket deal that's fine, but if someone at the club is teaching youngsters at the club to cheat then that's not fine and someone needs to sort it out. I obviously don't know if it happens every game or if it was just a one off but it needs stamping out for obvious reasons. Just my opinion like.[/QUOTE]I have never seen anything like that happen before at Stanley or any club, but if you think its possible someone at the club is teaching it, my opinion is you are a slice short of a loaf.